Cotton Belt

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Yes, what year Cotton Belt (SSW) Equipment are you thinking about? 1950's? 1970's? Modern?

Modern Cotton Belt locomotives and rolling stock are made by Athearn, and probably Atlas.

Older Cotton Belt locomotives would probably be harder to find, but Stewart makes a nice set of FT's in SSW paint! :thumb: EDIT: Atlas makes SSW GP7's in a Daylight-esque scheme for their (prototype) frieght units.

Freight Cars would be made by a range of manufacturers, no worry there! :)

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
Atlas, Athearn, Roundhouse, and many others still make Cotton Belt locos and cars. I just bought a few from the makers I just mentioned. I believe Intermountain makes some SSW as well. If all else fails and you can't find exactly what your looking for. Get some undecorated cars and paint/decal them to your liking. If you feel comfortable doing it.

Where are you from Yankee?

yankee

Nov 25, 2006
Thanks for the info Gasser. Live in Alabama, but my grandfather and great-grandfather both worked for the Cotton Belt their whole lives (in Arkansas, and briefly in Texas).

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
I was just wondering. There is a great Cotton Belt Museum in Pine Bluff, AR. If you ever get a chance to check it out, its good times. The people there are really nice too.

yankee

Nov 25, 2006
Yeah, I know of it, but haven't been there. I was born in Pine Bluff and lived there 10 years before moving to Alabama.