cork roadbed

gbwdude

General Manager, W.R.Ry.
Jun 14, 2010
Omro, WI
www.facebook.com
Welcome to Zealot markp,

I've used both carpet tacks and wood glue before. The only real difference is when you start laying track, you might find a carpet tack under the track and you'll have to reposition it. Also with the glue you'll need some kind of weight to keep the cork from losing shape if you're laying out a curve. As for what's better, I'd say they're the same.

Tyler

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
I have used white glue more than anything else. I get lots of those plastic headed thumb tacks, and use them to hold the cork down and in position while the glue is drying, and then I remove them. If the top of the cork isn't flush, where the pieces join together, I sand them flat.

Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
glad to help

I'm Glad to help. Have been handlaying track on homasote for most of the last 40 years. am just starting to use commercial track. I thought it would be easy, but flex track takes a whole different skill set that I had forgotten about. any more questions, we will be happy to help with answers. sometimes there are many ways to do stuff; look around at the pictures on our threads, and you can get an idea about the kind of results that are possible,

again we are glad to help, please share your efforts, I've been doing this for 45 years, folks need to see results from those with less experience too, so they won't be as intimidated.

Bill Nelson