Copper Ridge on the West Hill RR

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
During my vacation last week, I got the time to sit down and work on my favorite engine and some of my rolling stock. With some paint and decals, I lettered a number of items for the Copper Ridge Railway. Here are some pics of the train on the West Hill RR at my office.

This first picture features a bobber caboose and two ore cars that were given to me by Tyson. He also lettered and weathered them. I think he did a fantastic job!

Attachments

• crry1.jpg
    crry1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 150
  • crry1.jpg
    crry1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 150

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
The stock car on the left was formerly a yellow Union Pacific car. The boxcar was a blue Chessie.

The flat car is a kitbash made from the frame of a Bachmann stock car. I covered it in wood planks, and made a brake wheel from the original car's wheel and a bit of N-scale ladder. The load is made from <cue the fanfare> *blue foam* <end fanfare> and a little metal rod that came with a set of windshield wipers I put on my truck a while back. I knew that little doodad would come in handy one day... I covered it in a piece of Kleenex that I painted with watered-down gray paint. I used tan thread dipped in white glue for the ropes.

Attachments

• crry2.jpg
    crry2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 149
  • crry2.jpg
    crry2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 149

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Nah, I haven't given up on the hobby. But time has been limited lately. I took last week off so I could get away from anything involving "work," and got to spend a little time tinkering with the trains. Now it's back to work... :(

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hey, it's great to see you "back in action" Rory!:D :cool: :cool: :D

Great modeling & photos, my friend!:cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm kinda embarrased, 'cause I still haven't gotten around to lettering my 2-8-0!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

btw...as always, those trees just knock me out!:cool: