Cool Layout

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I'm picturing a lot of retaining walls along the divisions between track elevations and much of the mainline hidden under mountain scenary that peaks in the middle of the return loops. It does pose some challenges.
Ralph

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
I'm picturing a lot of retaining walls along the divisions between track elevations and much of the mainline hidden under mountain scenary that peaks in the middle of the return loops. It does pose some challenges.
Ralph

That is sort of what I was thinking.
Sure doesn't leave much room for buildings.
However, f you could put several sections of it through mountain tunnels I think it would look pretty incredible.

Gil Finn

Clifts, tunnels, trees and top it off with a mountain goat on the very top or a snake eyed kid with a banjo.

You cound make some nice water falls and pools on that.

Bones

When I saw that, the first thing I thought of was the good ol' redneck races I used to attend in western Washington.

One of the bump-to-pass style races included 20-30 cars on a very small dirt track. They had to continuously make laps in a figure 8 pattern, but that wasn't the bad part. Prior to this last race of the day, all guard rails at the ends of the track would be removed, and the center of each end of the 8 was filled with 2-3 feet of water.

Back to the layout... I can just picture 4-5 trains chasing each other's tails, flying over the edge, and colliding in the 90 degree crossing.

Pooh Bah
Back in the 70s, a common style of British narrow-gauge layout got the (unfavourable) nickname "rabbit warren"; they seemed to consist of short sections of visible track diving into tunnels at each end.