Cool bridge and buildings in NY state.

Blake

There is a small town in upstate New York called Hancock. It is a very small town on the Delaware river. At one time both the Erie and the New York Ontario and Western (O&W) railroads ran through town. The O&W's Scranton branch crossed the Erie overhead and then the Delaware river. Now, the Erie tracks are all that remain. I took some photos there, the bridge, some buildings, just the usual stuff. I hope you enjoy them.

hnck1.jpg

hnck2.jpg

hnck3.jpg

hnck4.jpg

hnck5.jpg

hnck6.jpg

hnck7.jpg

hnck8.jpg

Clerk

Nice shots Blake. What happened to the track in the second picture? Looks like a short piece missing.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Ya know, if it wasn't for the new pickup trucks in the pictures, I'd sware they were taken back in my early days growing up in New Jersey. I'm not too sure I didn't live in one of those houses.....

Don

Blake

That second track ends just before the bridge. I have photos in a book that show this location in the 1940's and it looks the same as it does now. Like you said Don, only the modern vehicles give it away.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Blake,

Out of curiosity, what part of "Northern New Jersey" are you in? I spent the first 18 years of my life there. That's why those shots brought back memories. Good or bad, I don't know.......

Don

Peirce

You are not too far from where I used to live until 1989, Ringwood. We did a lot of our shopping at Wayne Hills Mall. I worked in Franklin Lakes until I've Been Moved decided I should live in Connecticut.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Blake,

I was raised in Kearny. I was going to go to the 50th reunion of our graduation last year, but found out the people that were going were the same ones that ignored me when I was in school, so I stayed home. I've lived in Arizona for the best part of those 50 years.

I've heard of the Wayne Mall that Peirce mentioned, but there were none back in the '50's, you just went "downtown" when you needed somthing.:)

Those pictures are pure nostalgia even though they are in NY. Thanks for posting them.

Don

Originally posted by ezdays
Ya know, if it wasn't for the new pickup trucks in the pictures, I'd sware they were taken back in my early days growing up in New Jersey. I'm not too sure I didn't live in one of those houses.....

Don

The EXACT same thing went thru my head after viewing these pics! But in my mind instead of NJ or NY, I was thinking of Lycoming County, Pa.
You know it's good photography when the same images can conjure up the same emotions in different people.
Excellent Blake!:)

Matt--Hershey, Pa.