Contest for March 06, show your work

Status
Not open for further replies.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Since you can't see anything on my actual layout without plywood showing everywhere, I dug out a picture of my venture into 0 scale.

1978-198? I participated in a group of modelers who worked in 0 scale. We built a layout in a big basement and I was responsible for landscaping. So the scenery in the pic was made by me.

The layout was planned to run primarily Swiss/European prototype models, but nonetheless I built some American car kits by Walthers and Ambroid. Finally I had a nice reefer and a short passenger train, too. I also owned (and still have) a kit-built Rivarossi 0-8-0 and two ATLAS F9s. All three were remotorized by a fellow modeler and pulled like mad.

Here Trim Creek Western #334 roars out of a tunnel into a narrow rock cut with Extra train X334 in tow. (No, you don't see much of the train in this pic, but I like the scene anyhow! :D:D:D)

Ron

Attachments

• TC&W-0-6.jpg
    TC&W-0-6.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 300

70Runner

Here's one I took on Keith Schaber's Blue Mountian Oregon Division layout. The SD70 has just crested the summit at Kamela and is headed through Nordeen. I help with the track work, but Keith does the excellent scenery.
BlueMountainsSARarticle040crfix.jpg

L

lester perry

This is some tough competition. These shots all look great. How do I choose one. May I suggest only one vote per person. Also how & when do I vote.
Les

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Herc Driver said:
Oh that's a nice shot...yeah, no need to submit one this time around...
I know you're only kidding,:D but didn't someone say once that if you don't try, you guarantee failure? In this case, that means that if you don't enter you are sure to get no votes,:rolleyes: plus you lose out on the fun of the contest and the pride of showing your work.:wave: :wave:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Well, my first attempt to post here has disappeared, so I'll try again. This is a picture that has appeared previously in another thread. The loco, painted by me, belongs to cn nutbar, and the action takes place on the eastern outskirts of Lowbanks Ontario on my home layout. The water tower on the right is a modified Atlas kit, and the building with its roof peeking over the covered stockpen is an old Revell kit, heavily modified. The stockpens and Hoffentoth Bros. coal elevator in the distance are scratchbuilt from styrene. The loco has just crossed the main drag in Lowbanks and is approaching the long bridge over the Maitland River.

Attachments

• 100_5716.jpg
    100_5716.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 253

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I am but pond scum compared to what's been posted already, great work guys:thumb: .

Mine don't have a train one in it but here goes. Two kits, the trailer and the swing set. One commercial piece, the car. Everything else has felt the sting of my Xacto and/or the swipe of my paint brush, the picnic table, go cart, mower and shed being scratchbuilt, the rest modified figures or Micro Machines. This is on the shortest of my two modules that I take to shows.

Attachments

• bubbas.jpg
    bubbas.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 207

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
EngineerKyle said:
So Don,

Being new to this, when, where and how do we vote?

EK
On April 1st, I'll open a voting poll. Sometimes the poll is a "vote for as many entries as you like" (some people say they can't make a single choice, that there's more than one they like), sometimes you get to vote for one entry only (others prefer this way). That will be the case in this contest. The voting polls are open for ten days, in the meantime, I will start a new contest, and the process will repeat itself.:wave: The only time we do not vote is for the one over the holidays. Although all of these "contests" are really a way for us to showcase our work and pictures, the holidays are not about competing. :D

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
engineerkyle said:
So Don,

Being new to this, when, where and how do we vote?

EK
If you insist on a prize beyond the invaluable prestige that comes with winning a Gauge contest, please send a SASE and a US$5 administration fee. A golden "horn-hook" coupler (HO scale only) will be sent to you whenever someone gets around to it. Suitable for mounting or framing (mounting or framing not included) ;) :D :p

Andrew

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
'Way too many worthy entries for me to decide who should get my single vote. I'll abstain. (From voting, silly, not from all those other things that a guy my age should abstain from.)

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Just a note to you guys that can't decide and therefore won't vote. Ya gotta vote for someone, even if it's for yourself.:wave: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with voting for yourself, you wouldn't enter if you didn't think your entry wasn't worthy of getting votes, so do so without thinking about whether it's right or not. It just might make the difference if we find a few hangging chad that we can't decide on.:eek:

Yes, I like voting for more than one entry as well, seems that I can't make up my mind and pick only one either. :rolleyes: It's just that I took a poll a while back and it was very close where people wanted one choice against those that wanted multiple choices. It's only fair that I mix up the types of votes. We've had a few months of multiple choice, this month will be single choice. It's going to depend on what type of voting the contest lends itself to. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.