Contest for March 06, show your work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I try to make these contests open to as many members as possible. I hope this one doesn't restrict too many people, but we should occasionally see what others have created in model railroading. I've seen a lot of great stuff posted in the photo forum and in the scale forums, so let's give everyone a change to show something they've actually worked on, be it on their layouts, a diorama, or even on a club layout, where they did the work. A mini-scene, a shot of a train coming out of a tunnel, a shot of a long train heading through a town, whatever strikes your fancy.

The rules are simple:
  1. The picture must be of some area on a layout or diorama that you had created or did significant work on.
  2. The work must be substantually complete (no blue or pink foam or plywood showing please) :D
  3. The picture must be taken by you.:thumb:
  4. Please, if you would, include a brief discription of where the photo was taken. (my club's layout, my diorama, a friends layout that I helped with,...) It's not that important, but I think everyone would like to know.:wave:
  5. All other rules pertaining to our photo contest prevail.
  6. The contest closes on March 31, at around midnight GMT.
Good luck everyone, we should see some nice pictures. :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
OK, I'll break the ice here. This is a shot taken on my layout. Here we see Peter Pickle, a pal and a provider of packaged poultry products, :rolleyes: sitting on the porch enjoying a day off at his cabin in the woods. He is relaxing watching the Amtrak head into the local station while his neighbor, Paul Peckenpaugh, his pal and a professor of political propaganda at Polytech in Peoria,:rolleyes: :rolleyes: stops by to drop off a load of hay for his horses.:D

Enough said...:eek:ops: stooges8

Attachments

• Cabin 03-06 photo.jpg
    Cabin 03-06 photo.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 516

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Would Peter Pickle perchance perambulate among the pines while pondering the 'ppearance of that professionally presented public 'portation? Perhaps he'll pursue more porch posing presently...

;) :D

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
MasonJar said:
Would Peter Pickle perchance perambulate among the pines while pondering the 'ppearance of that professionally presented public 'portation? Perhaps he'll pursue more porch posing presently...

;) :D

Andrew
Perhaps Peter Pickle is pondering the presence of poachers on the property purloining his poultry prancing about the premises...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: fence1

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
ezdays said:
Perhaps Peter Pickle is pondering the presence of poachers on the property purloining his poultry prancing about the premises...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: fence1

Possibly... ;)

But Peter perfunctorily paid police personnel to perfectly protect personal prancing poultry properties. Perhaps they've pacified the pilfering pillagers...

fence1

Andrew

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Pete's sake!.... this is potentially perplexing!! Perchance, would anyone know the photographer that was perched precariously on the posterior of the purple plane as it prattled along, Popping and peddling ponderiously slow, waiting for the photographer to pop off a flash to photogenically freeze the potent scene for all posterity to ponder.... as to exactly why:

Peter Pckle was pondering the 'ppearance of that professionally presented public 'portation? Instead of propigating the 'portation of the hay, so as to ease the work of his his pal and professor of political propaganda at Polytech in Peoria. sign1 sign1

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
A plea, produced by a pondering and perplexed pystander :rolleyes:: Is the purpose of the presented pages perhaps to present a platform for p-prone pronunciation - or is it perchance the presentation of perfectly prepared photographs of 'portation 'ppurtenances?

Please present pictures, so polling is possible! :D:D:Dsign1

Ron

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Allright, I had trouble with this contest because I wanted to pick a picture that I hadn't already shown in 10 other strings on this site but still find something "contest worthy." Sooo, since I have already posted all of my good pictures, I had to dig to come up with this one. This was taken on the first coffe table layout I built about 4 years ago. If the cows would quit muckin up the pond, it may actually clear up and be just as pretty as the small lake on the other side. The old folks (the McClabbertys) who live in the little farmhouse, recently won the grand prize on a hollywood game show - his and hers sedans and a giant yard light to see them by. Mr. McClabberty is standing behind one of them on the rocks above the lake wondering if those trout he stocked the lake with are big enough for catchin' yet.

Attachments

• DCP_1018.jpg
    DCP_1018.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 447

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
OK, now we're starting to see some action. I thought that no one had any part of any layout that they deemed "completed", but I know better.:rolleyes:

Nice shots guys...:thumb: Thanks.:D

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Fueling Up

Shot on a Portion of my Coaling Platform Diorama This was taken in outdoor diffused Morning Light.................Yes, It was Freaking Cold Ou there!!! ;)

Attachments

• Fueling Up.jpg
    Fueling Up.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 431

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Here we have part of my HO layout... The garage and watertower are scratchbuilt, as well as some of the tunnel portals. Please consider this pic for the next open contest.

Colors
afk.sized.jpg
Engineer Kyle

L

lester perry

T1

How about a westbound C&O T1 blasting past R.E.A terminal with a 155 car coal train. Ok so it realy has 37 behind it but 155 sounds better.
102960218.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Mannnnnn, I might as well throw in the towell after that last one. Nice shot. I thought I may have had a chance but not anymore.:D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
OK, I'll give it another try this time around...

This is an old b&w shot of a coal drag drifting down off Casey Ridge on the Poor Fork line, past the depot, & into Glasgow Jct...
amb.jpg

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
TrainNut said:
Mannnnnn, I might as well throw in the towell after that last one. Nice shot. I thought I may have had a chance but not anymore.:D

You actually have a nice scene. I'd suggest taking the next pic from a lower angle (and/or raise the layout to eye level:thumb: , but then again I guess that wouldn't make it a coffe table anymore:D ). Take from all directions and don't concentrate on the building. Try some shots that have only a portion of the building with the cows in the background and the tracks with a train in the forground, or whatever might look cool.

I don't think you can do it now since you entered your pic, but for the next contest try it from low... and ballast that track:D .

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
TrainNut,
I like your scene also…Hey, I’ve been a member here for five years, entered I don’t know how many contests, & I’ve never won one…But I’m not going to throw in the towel…I like taking pictures of my trains…Even though they’re not contest quality, I like taking them anyway…it’s not about winning for me, it’s just beiong creative…:)

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Allright sorry:eek:ops: - points taken - but I think I misled you all a little bit. True i'm one of those guys where everything turns into a competition BUT, I was simply trying to show appreciation to what I thought was a far superior photo... humorously.:thumb: Evidently I need to work on my "humorous side.":D Thanks for the support though. I'll need it when I lose!!!!!
JUST KIDDING!!!!

And nowwwww, back to the pictures!!!

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Preparing to upload my shot. But before I do I am look for that pink of blue spot on the ones already posted. Tuff to find, huh? :D These are all great photos, How are we ever going to pick the best one?

Status
Not open for further replies.