Contemporary Soyuz launcher anywhere?

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by dhanners, Apr 13, 2006.

1. dhanners

dhanners Member

Does anyone know of a Soyuz launcher available online that comes in the launch vehicle's contemporary colors (i.e., not green)?

If so, I'd appreciate a heads-up. I've looked at the ones I was aware of online (MARSCenter, etc.) and they all appear to be in the older green color.

Thanks.
    David Hanners
    St. Paul, MN
  2. angevine

angevine Member

Hello,

Sorry, have had a good search and the only link I can find which looks promising is this one..

http://vad1939.freeweb.hu/

He has various models on there but I am not sure if the Soyuz model is unique or not..

Regards,
  3. dhanners

dhanners Member

Thanks. That was one of the Soyuzes(?) I came across when I did my search, and it appears to be a good model, but it's of the older iteration of the rocket in which the main stage and strap-ons are green, instead of the current gray color.

If my computer skills were better (and I had the right programs) I'd just find a way to re-color the MARSCenter Soyuz. But doing something like that is FAR beyond my capabilities on the tin box.
  4. angevine

angevine Member

5. dhanners

dhanners Member

Actually, Erik's Soyuz is the right color and period, but the wrong scale for me. Also, it is admittedly a "low-tech" version, i.e., the construction is somewhat over-simplified. If I were to try to enlarge it, those simplifications would become major accuracy issues.