Container Transport

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Alan Bickley, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Alan Bickley

Alan Bickley Member

Hello again. I was just wandering, do any of you out there model modern day container transport (Road as well as Rail)?
    And also, where could I get hold of some of those Athearn 20' Skeletal container trailers? How much do they retail for?:confused:
  2. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I do mid 80's intermodal in HO. Is that considered modern? As to the 20' container trailers I'll look in the Wathers catalog tonite and see. I have some adjustable 20 to 30's on my layout but they have been there awhile. I'll see if they are still avaliable. DASH
  3. Alan Bickley

Alan Bickley Member

Marvellous! I really want some 20 footers as they take up a lot less space than the 30 and 40's I already have - and they're more common!
    The 30's are some AWM types I bought brand new and boxed at a local swapmeet. They only cost £2 each (About $3?)
    Bargain, I reckon!
    The 40's are from Herpa (Marketed by Con-Cor, stateside?). These are, however, more expensive.
  4. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

It appears they are no longer made. I found them OK in the 2002 Walthers catalog, but the part # comes up "sorry, item not found" on their website. So that means it's a find in hobby shop item. My 2002 catalog shows they sold for $35, but I know the ones I have didn't cost that much, I wouldn't have purchased them for anything like that amount. The one I have were less than $6 from memory. FRED
  5. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I'll look in a hobby shop this weekend to see if they still have any. Also, it wouldn't be too hard to cut down 40 footers to 20's. DASH.
  6. trainworm

trainworm Member

i have a ton of container equipment here. on my old layout i was planning a container port with the ship and everything. but on my new layout there will be just run through container trains.

if you go to www.walthers.com just type container chassis in the search window and it will bring up the athearn 20 footers.
  7. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest