Container Ship project

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ed,

That ship is coming along very nicely. Its going to be a real attention grabber on your layout! I look forward to seeing the finished model. As for adding pics, go down to the "attach file" box on the page where you write your new posts. Hit "browse". This will let you access your files and select what you want to include. I've been advised that hitting the
"preview reply" button gums up attempts to submit posts with pics so just hit "submit" once you're finished.

Regards,
Ralph

I cut and shaped a piece of 2x4 for the hull, and the basic superstructure is built from your favorite material...CARDBOARD. This is just the rough shape, styrene will cover the cardboard. The containers are printed out on my printer and glued together as a box. I'm going to be using railings from a N scale bridge, parts and details from various 1/32 scale model cars, details from 1/64 racing cars, thread and matchsticks.
Thank you for the compliments...more pics will follow as the project progresses

My ship measures close to about 300 N scale feet long, so in HO scale that would measure 42 inches long to be the same scale size. I don't think I model quite the right scale (1/16" = 1 N scale foot), but my model measures 20 1/2". Anyways that's 3 1/2 feet in HO scale