Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by mauther, Aug 2, 2008.
Mg 42 - the construction - part 02
It seems that it was in the scale.
more pics, now of the windscreen:
Now, preparing the body for painting, applying a glue layer PVA, without dilution.
The first one of three layers of acrylic ink (flesh tint 326) before weathering. The seats had received a layer from black color and are ready for weathering.
My intention is that weathering seems like this:
See you later.
jawdrop It's amazing how much detail can be added by layering card. Keep up the good work I am learning alot here, absolutely awesome job on the door hinges by the way!:thumb:
I truly enjoy scratch building and you have shown me a few more tricks I had not tried before, such as the layered MG. I have always done it out of plastic, tubing and wood. Thank you for the tips. I am waiting with anticipated breath for the finished project.
Strength and honor.
DHL, voltron5 and silveroxide:
Thank you for follow my work. I am really happy to share the assembly of this Kubel with each of you. See you soon.
Another layer of white glue. After a dry well, applied a layer of:
brown van dyck (337)
yellow skin (326)
orange, cadmium (325)
I do not know the exact proportion of each color, I was mixing up to a color between the orange and dark beje. I would imitate the tone of Kubels of Afrika korps.
For the aging body of Kubel, a layer of black acrylic paint diluted with water in proportion of 2 parts of ink to 1 with water.
Apply the paint and hope about 20 seconds, then remove the excess with a dry cloth, without very careful to give an impression of worn by the time, or like an ancient painting job.
jawdrop The best build i have ever seen
The build is really good But I not sure about the fenders they could been round
the weathering look extremely interesting
You are right. The fenders are a problem. The truth is that: when I decided to mount this Kubel my intention was to make it simplest possible, without scratchbuild, painting or anithing, but during the assembly of the parts I was observing the possibilities of the model.
Already it had mounted fenders and I left as it was.
Perhaps I make a sandpaper work in them and disguise from above part with something as Jerry cans. Thank you for your commentary, if you did not have post it, I would not remember about the fenders.
Greetings from Brazil!!!
The frame of the canva`s hood:
See you later.
After a long time, I took courage to mount the wheels.
If somebody know a way more practises to make this, I will be very grateful in knowing.
Preparing for painting.
Second layer. j' used plastic ink in the place d' acrylic ink and the result was a pity. J' will have qu' it will decide this in third layer.
Third layer with black acrylic ink diluted in water. Still it n' was not good. In the close relation I get to fix it, I guess.
Tried out a rolled canvas, to disguise the bumper, which n' was not very round.
I collected a piece of paper a little hard and l' rolled in foam E.U.A., moored well extremely where it wanted to leave marked and then wet the paper. After dryness it remained in the format that I imagined.
And painting with brown + White acrylic ink and then washed with black ink.
A small sandpaper in the bumpers.
Testing with a Jerry Can of Darth Vador.
See you later.