considering changing from HO to N

Mountain Man

If I hadn't have so much stuff, I had considered switching to N scale quite a few years back. My choice would be for short trains, though, with longer runs and "bigger" scenery. Essentially the same layout that I have now, perhaps with fewer locos and less rolling stock. I'd keep most of the structures about the same size (not the same scale, though ) :lol: :p and simplify the trackwork.

Wayne

What got me thinking seriously about N scale is my desire to model the rigged mountains of Narrow Gauge 1890's Colorado. N scale allows for a lot of scenery, gorges, trestles, mine structures and similar stuff without overwhelming the layout. When I originally planned it out in HOn3, I wasn't happy with the compression effect. It looked like I was going to have to omit some crucial stuff to get a proper fit, which seemed like a bad start for a "lifetime" layout.

iis612

What got me thinking seriously about N scale is my desire to model the rigged mountains of Narrow Gauge 1890's Colorado. N scale allows for a lot of scenery, gorges, trestles, mine structures and similar stuff without overwhelming the layout. When I originally planned it out in HOn3, I wasn't happy with the compression effect. It looked like I was going to have to omit some crucial stuff to get a proper fit, which seemed like a bad start for a "lifetime" layout.

It is that exact thought that has me considering N. There is an awful lot I want to put into an 18'X18" space, and I don't think it will compress very well.