Computer Track Layout Programs

kchronister

Nov 1, 2004
Boiling Springs, PA
I started using RTS and it's definitely easy and quick. But I quickly got beyond what it could do. I tried about everything out there, and settled on 3rd Planit. I definitely remain a fan of the program. I second the recommendation made earlier to take the tutorial (actually for another program IIRC), but equally true of this one. I was about ready to toss it (Tutorial? I can figure this sucker out, I don't need no stinkin' tutorial), but I gave in and did it - took maybe an hour and totally changed my ability to use the program.

Kris

62cj5

Sep 13, 2005
southwesten PA
I think ever one misunderstands me. I am look for a add on to rts7 that some one might have came across for o27 craves. I can and do use the program. I just need to find a O27 library like Lionel has.

pgandw

Jul 9, 2005
The Atlas O track library contained O27 curves - at least the RTS 5 version did/does. Unfortunately, it does not have any O27 switches, smallest made by Atlas are O36. You could superimpose a straight and an O27 curve to get an O27 switch, but Lionel O27 straights and switches are 8.75 in long instead of the 10 inch standard Atlas straight.

Hope this helps.

62cj5

Sep 13, 2005
southwesten PA
Yes! thankyou I will look for a copy of rts 5 and bring the library over.
Thank you again !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks pgandw found just what I needed:thumb: