Computer help

aslan

May 16, 2006
FiatFan said:
This could be as much fun as steam vs. diesel!
LOL
I also belong to a classic Mustang site and we always have stock vs. modified.
Stan

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
2-8-2 said:
Steam = Apple
Diesel = Microsoft

It's kind of funny when you think about it. Steve Jobs (Apple) brought the PC to the world. Bill Gates just had some pretty software (which he didn't even create) and the idea of an interface (which he stole from Xerox), and now he's one of the richest people in the world.
Reminds me of the saying attributed to Al Capone: "You can get more form people with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word!"

I detest Microsoft. I run Windows XP, mostly because it's convenient. I don't use an other of their products...not Internet Explorer, not even their desktop environment. I guess it's just my way of flipping the bird at "the man" and saying I will not conform.
Actually, I'm rather grateful to Bill. His mistakes provided me with a nice living! :thumb:

Tom

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
LOL, these days Macs are no different than Windows PCs, because that's exactly what the Mac has become-- Apple switched over to using Intel CPUs earlier this year, and now all the new Macs run Windows XP natively, without emulation, because of it.

If you own one of the new Intel-based Macs, all you need to do is install the Boot Camp utility (available at Apple's website) and then install a copy of Windows XP. Once that's done, at bootup you can select whether you want to run OSX or XP.

aslan

May 16, 2006
LongIslandTom said:
LOL, these days Macs are no different than Windows PCs, because that's exactly what the Mac has become-- Apple switched over to using Intel CPUs earlier this year, and now all the new Macs run Windows XP natively, without emulation, because of it.
If you own one of the new Intel-based Macs, all you need to do is install the Boot Camp utility (available at Apple's website) and then install a copy of Windows XP. Once that's done, at bootup you can select whether you want to run OSX or XP.
I always told my PC friends I was using "windows" back in 1984! :D
Seriously, I've been switching back and forth for the last 4 weeks and they both work flawlessly.
Stan