Computer desktop

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Yup. My desktop has a picture of me in the cab of Santa Fe 3751, taken last Summer at the NRHS Convention in Williams, AZ. Also, my screen saver is a collection of miscellaneous photos, some of which include some unique steam locomotives, which a friend sent me, and some pictures of the original American Freedom Train.

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Hmmm Jon...does that program you're running allow backgrounds within it? Some of our databases at work do that.

I have this at home, I dont know what this is..but I like it

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 199

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
here's mine fellows...

desktop.jpg

mac os x skin on windows xp...

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
aartwmich - it's not a program, it's 6 different transparent windows open and showing the background wallpaper through them. I have them set to 30% shade and red tint so I can see the text. In Linuxland, a terminal is somewhat like a DOS or command window on a Windows box. The big one in the middle with coloured text is just a directory listing showing permissions, file owner and color coded name indicating the file type. The three on the left are sitting idle, and the two to the right are just text editors with a list of files from a search. Each file is an image of someones hard drive, and I've been sorting them out and deleting obsolete and duplicate ones. Now I'm crosseyed, so I'm gunna go do some N scale work. Oh, ya, in the upper left is a grey square with a paper clip and I can go to one of the other 9 desktops by clicking it, like the one that always has a browser open to the-gauge on it! Love everyone's cool desktops! Any more?!?!?!?!?!? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pete

Jun 2, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
www.hioutput.com
Hi David
It's really easy to do....bring your desktop up and press 'ALT' and 'Print Screen' <--it's beside F12
Then open your graphics program (Paint Shop) and press 'Ctrl' and 'V' and your image should pop up. Then you can manipulate it's size and save as a .jpg or .gif or whatever you prefer.
Here's mine:

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 154

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Okay, here's mine which I change once a month

Shamus
waver.gif