Commonwealth Games

Woodie

Just wishing all the best for those competing. Especially Canada and New Zealand.:p Not too fussed about the Poms! :p :p :p :p

My favourite is the Norfolk Island Lawn Bowls Team. :D :D

I'll be watching them with glee!! :cool:

I'm prepared to concede the Tiddly Winks Gold to New Zealand, and Hide & Seek Gold to Canada!:D Poms can have the Gold in Farnarckling. We don't play that sorta stuff here anyway.

We'll, of course, get the Gold in Beer Sculling, Crocodile Wrestling, Boomerang Throwing, and Asylum Seeker Abuse.

They should have the Wood Chop, Sheep Dog Trials, and Habitiat Destruction as well. We'd romp it in of they had those too. (except New Zealand are pretty good experts with sheep!)

BTW. Fabulous Haka by New Zealand in the Opening Ceremony! :cool:

John Sneed

commenweath games

Woodie. Are you going to enter Steve Irwin in the crocodile wrestling Games?Isn't he a pro? While I'am typing this, I have one more question or observetion. Enybody notice how there are alot of cat people here? John

billk

Enybody notice how there are alot of cat people here?
John - This is about the only model RR forum I've found where a thread mentioning cats doesn't degrade into a bunch of people making sick attempts at humor, followed shortly by bunch of other people getting very upset.

A-n-d now, to get this thread back on track (or not, I'm not sure what it was about to begin with)....

Woodie, who do you think is going to win the cat-herding event?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I have got to watch more of those "How to Speak Australian" Fosters commercials!
Ralph

Vic

Hi BillK, It started on the Atlas board....moved to Trains.com and finally ended up here. Must be a virus:D

Woodie

Speekin Stray yun.

Nah ralf. Ta speyk Stray Yun ya godda sorda get ya voyce ride dup enside ya knows. Ya know an speyk id az zif ya sorta godda nayzal problum.

t spk Nya Zuland y jst luv awl thu varls ut und spk uz uf y gt awl ya "i"s und "e's und "a"s muxd up.

No need for Fosters commercials. BTW. Foster has less than 3% of the Australian Beer market now. Nobody drinks the stuff.

Steve Irwin? More infamous overseas than he is here. Here, he's just know as Richard Cranium. :rolleyes:

Guess What! Australia beat Norfolk Island in the first round game of the Lawn Bowls!:(

Car'n Norfolk Island. I'm barrackin' for ya! (maybe next time).:D

Oh....... and here's a picture of a train.

Attachments

• pclasstoc.jpg
    pclasstoc.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 101

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
G'day Woodie!
Thanks a lowt for the spaych lessin! Niice to know 'bout Fosters as whale so I woon't sound liike a rube if I eva' visit down unda! :)
Ralph

Woodie

marathon

apparently the commonwealth games marathon goes down every street in manchester. is every street long enough? :confused:

oh...... another train pic.

Attachments

• roto01.jpg
    roto01.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 80

shamus

Registered Member
Woodie my friend, Manchester is where I first started out in the world of Show Business. Brings back memories.:)

Shamus

triman

The Commonwealth Games are terrific for an international event, but for sheer, unmitigated fun I don't think we can go past the Olympics of a couple of games ago when the Cubans sent possibly the funniest gymnastic team of all team.
Horse vaulters who took headers into the horse, Parallel bars competitors face down into the mats, floor tumblers going down like they'd been whacked with a 4x2, rings competitiors doing the dive to the floor, I don't think one of them completed a round. Sheer brilliance!!:D
As for flags, I'm quite partial to ours, and the NZ copy of it, but the stand-out flag for simplicity and recognition must be Barbados. A lovely bit of bunting:)

Woodie

Triman,
Bunting? More like the logo for a petrol company! Or better still, the new logo for my freelance railroad! :D Wack it on the side of my loco! :eek:

Was watching the women's gymnatics the other night, and the team from Trinidad & Tobago were trying so so hard. They weren't doing very well, but 9.9 for effort. And they hardly showed 'em on the tele. :(

Oh.... and another train pic.

Woodie

Shamus,

Now.... what did you watch on tele on Sunday night? Were you being patriotic and watch your team? Or did you watch Coronation St???? My sources tell me more people in the UK watched Coronation St than the games. :eek: (well so the ABC news reckons, anyway).

Another pic. :D

Attachments

• pic04.jpg
    pic04.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 34

Woodie

Gymnastics

Good to see Shamus! :) The gymnastics look as if they're held in a magnificent old building, that looks like an old railway station on the inside. I haven't seen pics from the outside. Is it an old railway station? Do you know of any pics of the building itself? :confused: