Comeback build

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Greeting to all and to all HELLO!!!
As you all know, I am back now. So for my comeback build, I decided to build the "Happy Birthday Buck" Thunder Fighter. Yes I know that this is my signature model (and I have built this model many time). Yes, I am putting the same amount of detail into this model as I have with all of my past models.

So without further ado, here is my build thread.

I started with the cockpit interior. As you can I have raised the buttons and buckle hardware, and recessed the screens.
DSCN0003.JPG DSCN0004.JPG DSCN0005.JPG DSCN0007.JPG DSCN0012.JPG DSCN0013.JPG DSCN0014.JPG DSCN0016.JPG

ENJOY!!!

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This looks excellent! Like you have never stopped building. Just admit it, you have been practising during your sabbatical..! ;) :)

Tonino

This is what I was waiting for! Now you are really back RB!
Happy to see you didn't loose the art! :D

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words of encouragement! I GREATLY appreciate it!!!
I am glad that I am building once again. It feels good to be able to build something (regardless of what it is) and say "I did that".
Once I finish this, I am planning to build a gundam, a few warhammer 40K, and then I will be building another diorama. The diorama is going to be a ground based BSG hangar (that I will need @Revell-Fan's help with) in 1-50 scale.
So please stay tuned for further updates as they happen.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
It is time for another update.
Here, I added the sponsons (with a little extra details).
DSCN0047.JPG DSCN0053.JPG

I attached the under section and landing gear bay and doors. I have to thank @ASC Mclaren for the idea of adding the brackets on the bay doors. I saturated the brackets with super glue to add more strength (so that they will not break.
DSCN0074.JPG DSCN0075.JPG DSCN0078.JPG DSCN0079.JPG

As you can see, I have added more detail (by raising different panels and small components).
DSCN0082.JPG DSCN0081.JPG DSCN0084.JPG DSCN0085.JPG

ENJOY!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Enjoy... AND LIKE!!! :)

This looks so cool! You are adding a new dimension to your builds!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
UPDATE!!!

I have assembled the landing gear. I detailed springs and hinged parts for more of a realistic look.
DSCN0087.JPG DSCN0088.JPG DSCN0093.JPG

I have attached the landing gear, the downward vertical stabilizers, and the inner canards.
DSCN0094.JPG DSCN0096.JPG DSCN0098.JPG DSCN0103.JPG

I have added detail to the inner conards by raising the printed texture.
DSCN0108.JPG DSCN0111.JPG DSCN0112.JPG

Next will be the outer canards, main wings, and engine exhausts.

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Very Cool! I love the detail. It looks like a studio model. If I ever find one of the 12 inch Buck Rogers figures I need to build one in 1/6th scale. Has anyone ever created a paper model of the Earth Force hanger in the TV show?

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement. I would like to see your build of a 1:16 scale Thunder Fighter.
As for the hangar, I found these photos (I can not remember where though).
Area_Wire.jpgf7456052-8c0e-412a-a070-468b076d704dLarge.jpg Starfighter_Photo_01.jpgfac60036-b809-4c82-8ca8-b9f6dc8e4d91Large.jpg Starfighter_Photo_02.jpg8349e48b-8ed0-454e-89e5-86d70cc59cd2Large.jpg Starfighter_Photo_03.jpg554498b5-1799-4523-934f-f2909319ea4eLarge.jpg Starfighter_Photo_04.jpg574b4fc8-c493-466a-9d67-437f8b713c28Large.jpg
I am looking at using these photos as a guide for a scratch built hangar. Although, I will be working on a different hangar for BSG (I will be posting a build thread on it).

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement. I would like to see your build of a 1:16 scale Thunder Fighter.
As for the hangar, I found these photos (I can not remember where though).
View attachment 148528 View attachment 148529 View attachment 148530 View attachment 148531 View attachment 148532
I am looking at using these photos as a guide for a scratch built hangar. Although, I will be working on a different hangar for BSG (I will be posting a build thread on it).
Thanks for posting the photos. I had not seen these. I look forward to seeing your build of the hangers. I'm a big Battlestar Galactica OS fan too.

Kjev

I seldom build the same thing twice. I know the Thunder is your specialty. Does it get easier with repetition?

ASC Mclaren

Very Cool! I love the detail. It looks like a studio model. If I ever find one of the 12 inch Buck Rogers figures I need to build one in 16th scale.

Just to be "that guy", 12 inch figures are 1:6 scale, not 1:16. And I would love to see a 1:6 TF build. I had one of the pages printed on a plotter, I think that the files would support it.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Rhaven, your are taking this to the Nth degree!! ;)