Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 58 and cloudy. The high will be in the upper 60's with a chance of thunderstorms.

The plan for today is to get a few more loads of gravel moved, provided I get the gas for the tractor and the weather doesn't interfere. I may be able to start on the foundation skirting for the north engine house today. I have the foamboard for it, just have to cut it into pieces of the proper size. Gluing a brick pattern onto them won't be a problem.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/13/2009

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today
High: 58°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph SSE

Through 6 AM...isolated to scattered showers will continue to develop over the coastal waters and move northeast into parts of southeast Texas and southern Louisiana. The heaviest showers will be moving northeast into locations generally south of a line from De Ridder to Opelousas...including Lake Charles...Moss Bluff...Jennings...and Kinder. Due to their rapid motion...rainfall amounts in the heavier showers will generally be around one to two tenths of an inch.

Today High: 68 Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

DSCN0574.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Just set up an appointment with Dish Network. Cable is getting way to expensive. My monthly rate has gone up $15+ to bring my bill to $111+ in the last two months with no improvement in service. I will be dropping the cable tv service but I'll keep the internet service for my high speed broadband and my Magic-Jack phone service.

Sirfoldalot

Jan 17, 2009
Temecula,CA
Forgot about Friday the 13th. Now U have me worried.
Still looks like rain could come at any time, but so far, none.
Working on a track plan for On30 layout. I think I can "steal" a 5 x 13 space for it.

partlycloudy.gif
Today
Partly cloudy with slight chance of showers this morning...becoming cloudy with rain developing afternoon. Highs 49 to 54. Light winds becoming south 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
» ZIP Code Detail
nt_rain.gif
Tonight
Rain in the evening...then chance of showers overnight. Lows 36 to 41. Light winds.

partlycloudy.gif
Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs 52 to 57. Light winds.

Current Conditions ..................
mostlycloudy.gif
44.7 °F / 7.1 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill:41 °F / 5 °C Humidity:77%Dew Point:38 °F / 3 °C Wind:6.5 mph / 10 km/hfrom the SSE

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 64, foggy and very wet, not to mention cloudy. The high should be in the mid 60's and it will be cloudy with rain.

Not sure what I'll be doing today. The rain continues to fall negating any chance to get any gravel into the field line ditches. Only about half the line is covered so far. The Dish Network installer is supposed to be coming today sometime between noon and 5 pm. Don't you just love those floating schedules? That way they can be late without being late. And if that squirrel outside doesn't quit barking it's going to be late.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/14/2009

Wind Chill: 62°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 65°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.02"
Gust: 8mph NNW

Through 6:30 AM...an area of showers and thunderstorms will continue to affect areas south of a line from Beaumont to Lake Charles northeastward to Ville Platte and Simmesport Louisiana. The stronger storms will continue to affect Vermilion...Lafayette...st. Martin parishes southeastward across the remainder of lower acadiana. Expect frequent lightning...heavy rainfall up to one inch...and possibly small hail.

Today High: 65 Patchy fog in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 50 Showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Cooler. Lows around 50. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

DSCN0609.jpg

Sirfoldalot

Jan 17, 2009
Temecula,CA
More rain yesterday afternoon and last night. Makes the brush grow so that we can have more wildfires during the next "fire season".
It's pretty cold out with the dampness and humidity this morning.
Jeffrey - Don't mess with this Squirrel - he's ready for you.

partlycloudy.gif
Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy dense fog in the morning. Highs 51 to 57. Light winds.
» ZIP Code Detail
nt_partlycloudy.gif
Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows 36 to 45. Light winds.

partlycloudy.gif
Sunday
Partly cloudy. Highs 55 to 60. Light winds.

Currently 40.8 °F / 4 °C
Partly Cloudy
Windchill:36 °F / 2 °C Humidity:90%Dew Point:32 °F / 0 °C Wind:0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust:0.0 mph / 0 km/h

Attachments

• Squirl.jpg
    Squirl.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Happy Valentines Day, two inch's of snow this morning, but it is slowly melting. I think it might be just a CTT day..S.J.

Sirfoldalot

Jan 17, 2009
Temecula,CA
Morning all ... A very nice day so far, but a little cool for me. Looks like possible rain in the forcast again, but we shall see.

partlycloudy.gif
Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy frost in colder...wind sheltered locations in the morning. Highs 56 to 62. Light winds.
» ZIP Code Detail
nt_cloudy.gif
Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Lows 40 to 46. Light winds. Chance of measurable precipitation 40 percent.

rain.gif
Presidents Day
Rain and slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then rain in the afternoon. Highs 51 to 57. Winds south 15 to 20 mph. Gusts to 30 mph.

Current Conditions
37.9 °F / 3 °C
Clear
Windchill:37 °F / 3 °C Humidity:88%Dew Point:34 °F / 1 °C Wind:0.0 mph / 0 km/h

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 44 and clear, first time in a week. The high should be around the high 50's and it will become mostly cloudy later.

Got fed up with cable tv rates going up and up and the service going down and down. I called Dish Network on Friday and the system was installed and operational by Saturday evening. I got the America's top 250 plan so I now get RFDTV as well as a load of other good channels I didn't have before and for under $60. With cable I was paying $69 for 89 channels, most of which were shopping, special interest, news and (yuck) political channels. I'm keeping the cable internet service. What does this have to do with trains? I already have the DVR set up to record all episodes of 'Trains and Locomotives' on RFDTV and all episodes of 'Working on the Railroad' on DIY, so there. Hopefully today the ground will be firm enough that I can move some gravel to my sewage drainage field ditches. The almost constant rain we've been having really put a crimp in that operation.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/16/2009

Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 35°F

So Far Today
High: 47°F
Low: 44°F
Rain: 0.00"
Gust: 17mph NE

Today High: 58 Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers in the evening...then a 30 percent chance after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

DSCN0507.jpg

Sirfoldalot

Jan 17, 2009
Temecula,CA
WHOO BOY - Rain is really coming down this morning.
More is expected mostly all week. Enough already .. spread it out thru the year. Spent 6 hrs yesterday getting wife's computer working again. It only has a 20GB hard drive .. She was trying to put 21 GB on it. Found another HD that I had laying around - but it's only 40GB. Added an external 100GB to it - should keep her outta trouble for a while.

rain.gif
Rest of Today
Rain and slight chance of thunderstorms. Rain may be heavy at times in the morning. Highs 50 to 57. Winds south 15 to 20 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail
nt_rain.gif
Tonight
Showers likely and slight chance of thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce small hail. Lows 37 to 43. Light winds. Chance of measurable precipitation 70 percent.

partlycloudy.gif
Tuesday
Partly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs 50 to 57. Light winds. Chance of measurable precipitation 40 percent.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Remember what I said about the cable service raising rates and reducing services? Well they did it again! Up until a week ago I had high speed internet at 3mb download speed for $42. Well now I'm told they did away with the 3mb speed package and I'm now paying $42 for 1mb download speed. Talk about getting ripped off!! To get high speed again I have top pay $60 for their 6mb service! Man! I'm madder than a whole nest of wet hornets!!

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Jeffrey...You might want to look into PeoplePC.com's DSL service. I pay $29.95/month for it. I don't know what the speed rating is, but it is pretty fast...Pages full of train pictures load up in a few seconds....