Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening,

Where is everyone, no one on since the Chief this morning. I finally got a workout in, first in 2 weeks. Except for yard work that is. It was very nice today, cloudy but no rain with temps in the high 60s. To be in the 70s with Sun tomorrow.

Worked on the DH a little bit, ran some errands, but no trains. :cry:

Not sure what is on the agenda for tomorrow, Jean is off so I'm sure she will have something planed for me.

Tom, Don't you hate it when the leaders don't lead. wall1

Jeffrey, Sounds like you really did a job on that SDP40F.

CSXect, I got the same batch of literature in the mail, but I've had copies of the Atlas & MTH catalogs since York in mid October.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave: Played with the Wii some train97took a nap, ate supper now on-line.

Not much going on here it seems:confused:
:steamtrain: The railroad is sending me out to get some supplies in the morning(lowes and Sherman Williams)sign1

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
HAPPY BIRTHDAY-(he knows its him)tomorrow, but I don't post till eve. and I wanted it on here. We had a nice warm day but rain and cooler is on the way. Beats the heck out of the blizzard way out west of here. Did some cleaning in the train room today, begining to look much neater. Have a great tomorrow..
S.J.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Pa. John, I think there is an unwritten law that says no leaves should be raked untill you know for sure that no more of them will blow off your yard.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
54 in St. Louis and rained this morning, but very early. Drizzle during the day. Folks at work went out and got White Castles to celebrate my birthday since I will be off work tomorrow
icon_smile.gif

Went up the hill and talked to the kid's Dad. Told him what I knew and what kids told us. He said he would talk to his son. He came down to the house about 1.5 hours later and told him his kid confessed and also he talked to another kid's Mom and he was in on it too. I need to contact that kid's parents myself. This guy is alright in my book - said he doesn't let his kid act like this and he needs to learn to be a man and step up. So, we will get together Saturday and his son will tell me he is sorry and we will agree on something he can do to make up for it. I think it will start with cleaning paint off the siding - whatever is left. Have to watch the weather on that, don't want anyone to catch a cold or something.
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

I'm off tomorrow and I will clean up some in the basement, clear off layout and run my new locomotive and maybe some old stuff for a good long time
icon_smile.gif
I thank God for the blessings of this year - some ups and downs for sure, but overall I feel blessed.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 55, cloudy and very wet. The high is projected to be in the mid 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/7/2008

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 54°F
Rain: 0.16"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 10mph N

Now through 08:00 AM CST November 07, 2008

Through 8 AM...a cold front roughly from Franklin in Saint Mary Parish to Marsh Island and into the coastal waters 60 miles offshore Cameron will move southeast at 20 mph. Right along and just ahead of the front...scattered showers and a few thunderstorms will move northeast at 25 mph across portions of south central Louisiana and the coastal waters. Occasional lightning and rainfall rates around 1/2 inch per hour will occur with this activity. Behind the front...scattered showers will be found in a band from Port Arthur to Marksville. This band will move slowly east while the showers move northeast at 25 mph. Light rain can be expected with these showers with rainfall rates less than one tenth of an inch per hour.

Today High: 75 Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds around 5 mph.

P1010135.jpg

hilldrum

Nov 21, 2006
Henderson, NC
Hilldrum, been going through Henderson a lot lately. Spent a lot at Lowe's there. Bought a house at Ponderosa on Kerr Lake.
Home again gang. Had great trip home. Rode through the country in SC and into NC and visited retired pilot buddy. Actually came back with more gas in tank so must have been closer. Turned in rental and now settling in as raining. May go to lake house tomorrow or Sunday PM. Later.

He if you ever need somthing delivered from Lowe's, ask for Herbert and Clint, the best best delivery folks at the store... Ok, well, Just a little family ranting.:rolleyes:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was an unbelievable 61 F this morning. High will be 69 F.

Last night was another catch-up night on chores. I did get to look over the layout and straighten up a few things on it.

This weekend I have a few small repair jobs. I need to fix on of the basement steps and realign the vehicle gate in the fence in the back yard. I also have to clean out the gutters on the front of the house.

I need to finish straighten up the layout and then take a good look at to see what to tackle next. I have some cars sitting on the workbench that need weathering.

Happy Birthday Jim!

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Recently I finished retro-fitting my SDP40F A unit with the more modern Athearn hex drive and today I finished repowering the B unit which to date had been a dummy. A close comparison should reveal to you how this was done.

The A unit:

P1010252.jpg

And the B unit:

P1010251.jpg

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Happy birthday Jim!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

This is a good month to have a birthday. :mrgreen:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING ALL, well today I did next to nothing. Oh I take that back I remembered what I did. Talked to Brutus on the phone this morning, no one topic but just talked. Always good to hear from him and I got to say Happy Birthday. Then took wife out for afternoon meal, I had coneys, that way I can enjoy them till bedtime. Hope everyone has a good weekend...S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Howdy guys - thanks for the well wishes! John, is your birthday in November? Did I miss it? Cleared off layout and ran some old stuff and the new locomotive for about 4 hours today - no pileups!

100_2876.jpg