Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
Morning folks. I got soem plans for today. Mainly doing a bunch of papers for school *ugh*. Will probably also work on my 4x8 table cleaning it up some more.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Found out this morning that a bomb went off inside the Leesville Wal-Mart this past weekend. What really disturbs me about it is that nothing at all was done to get people out of the store. Everything continued as if it was business as usual. The first order of business should have been to clear then store. Why? Common sense says that where there's one bomb there may well be another. I think Wal-Mart hasn't heard the end of this.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING ALL, voted just after nine, figured the working folk would be in and out by then. worked too just a steady moving line, no pile ups. We have some super summer weather that has been promised for two more days and then down goes the temp. everyone is cleaning up the leaves,I just run the mower over them. Not much training today...TTFN...S.J.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
GOOD EVENING ALL, voted just nine times, figured the working folk would be in and out by then. worked too just a steady moving line, no pile ups. We have some super summer weather that has been promised for two more days and then down goes the temp. everyone is cleaning up the leaves,I just run the mower over them. Not much training today...TTFN...S.J.

Raining here still. Northeasterner brewing. Guess all on regular TV is elections. Speaking of elections: I am an elected Democrat Official so I can post this joke.

DemocratHalloween.jpg

Later.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Weird little truck!

Hey - RT, sorry I was distracted yesterday, good news on the meds, I hope they finally have things figured out!?

Chief, that's a good one!

Picked up some train magazines. Just waiting for the election results, but as Sir James emailed me, we won't know until tomorrow - if we are lucky this time.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 61 and foggy. The high should be in the low 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/5/2008

Wind Chill: 60°F
Humidity: 97%
Dew Point: 60°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSE

Important Message

Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 AM cst this morning.
Now through 09:00 AM CST November 05, 2008

Patchy fog will occur across portions of the area. The fog will be dense at times reducing visibilities below one quarter of a mile. The visibilities will improve as the fog lifts by 9 AM.

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog early in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010147.jpg

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave:

Good Morning everyone

For good or for ill we have a new President:mrgreen:

Its going to be an interesting ride for next 4 yearssign1
I predict that in 2012 we will have a woman President:twisted:

I discovered a S scale line of kits the other day I think the company was smokey mountain models they are reisn kits and looked very decent will try one some time in the near future:thumb:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 55 F on the way in this morning. You can feel the humidity is up and making things a little uncomfortable. High today will be 63 F and we could see 70 F before the weekend.

Last night was one of those nights where time just flew by. My daughter had her flute lesson which I took her to. I did a few little chores around the house and the next thing I knew it was bed time. I did look at the trains as I carried laundry to and from the washing machine and dryer.

I hope everybody has a good day.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

I will miss David Letterman's Great moments in Presidential speecheswall1

Hope Letterman is an equal opportunity presidential hecklersign1

Life goes on..............................................

Got some more work on layout done today will get some paint tomorrow. :thumb:

:wave::wave::wave:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Howdy All, A beautiful summer day,but of course only temp. one more and down we go. A couple of train friends stopped by today and we ran a train or two. Got the lawn looking nice but that will only last till the wind blows. Enjoy your tomorrow and stay well....S.J.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening,

Boy is it getting dark early, I do not like it, but can't do anything about it.

Sir James, I told the wife that you said it was OK to wait till all the leaves are down to rake them up. :mrgreen:

Actually they haven't started to fall a lot yet, the pear and the two maples are still mostly green and the dogwoods although colored have most of their leaves. But when it starts it will come all at once, which is good. The large pin oak that we used to have in the front yard was killed by lightning a few years ago. In some ways that was a good thing as it dropped leaves most of the winter, a real pain.

Got to get to the gym tomorrow, it's been two weeks and that is way to long. I'll probably struggle to do my regular routine.

On last thing, my middle grandson (14, actually won't be 14 for another week) who lives in CO got his first deer today, a 4 point buck. I forgot to ask him if that was Eastern or Western count as around here we always use Eastern.

Chief, are you sure the IT people don't have you blocked from the forum? :rolleyes:
I saw that cartoon before, but it is a good one.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Well got an ATlas O catalog, MTH catalog and an OGR mag yesterday and today lots of neat stuff.

Also got some junk mail a catalog called bits and pieces mostly puzzles however they have a slot car set that is two old ladies in wheelchairs looked very humorous sign1 $26.00 for set that is right up there with the "I lost my marbles" replacement pack I seen at a card shop a few years ago:eek:

Very tired bowled and played Wii baseball for an hour or so tonight must turn in so I can get up early tomorrow:wave:

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Running late, so just gonna say Hi and Bye! Talk more tomorrow. God bless us all! (nice loco set, Jeff)

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 63 and cloudy. The high should be around 80 and there's a chance of thunderstorms later.

I put in a lot of work on my Athearn SDP40F and now it runs as quiet and smooth as any of my Atlas or Proto 2000 locos. I removed the blue box motor and drive with the exception of the trucks and installed a new Athearn motor, hex shafts and worms. I also installed new nickel silver wheels. The frame, trucks and body are all that remain of the original BB items. All the new components came from a scrapped AC4400. The nylon motor mounts were removed and the motor has been properly mounted with screws. All in all a good rebuild.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/6/2008

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 61°F

So Far Today
High: 64°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph SSE

Today High: 80 Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 50s. Southwest winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming northwest after midnight.

P1010102-2.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

Temperature on the way in this morning was a balmy 59 F. High today will be 64 F. I ran in and out of rain all the way to work this morning. It looks like that it will be that way all day.

Yesterday my daughter’s volleyball team had their awards ceremony. My daughter got the Hustle Award. Her team finished the season 6 and 6. It could have been better. With the exception of few girls the team lacked a killer instinct. They had teams down and could not put them away. Also once they fell behind they gave up. I guess you can say the team was a reflection of the coach as she was the same way. My daughter is already looking forward to playing for the 8th grade coach next year.

We had our Cub Scout den meetings last night so no trains again.

I hope everybody has a good day.