Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Thanks CSX - actually, the new issue of Nuts and Volts just came today. So, I've got that to read as well as the new CTT mag. Working on a science fair project with my son, too. I think we have just a couple weeks left and of course we have not yet started.

Nice pics, Jeffrey - looks like you were having some fun today.

David, is that a Bachmann Goose?

Prayers for no snow, John!

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Pineapple Express has arrived, rain begining to come down pretty good now. Hope we don't get to much all at once.

Ordered a Christmas gift for me today, found a UP Bobber Caboose in NE, so whenever someone asks me what I want for Christmas, I can just tell them to give me M-O-N-E-Y, the gift is on the way. Thanks.

Looking forward to the long weekend, want to do some work in the train room. Need to do some wiring corrections.

Need to do some work on the website tonight, UGH!

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Brutus: it's Precision Scale (or similar name). For $125 it's DCC equipped with sound and effects -- as you turn the power up you hear the engine start and accelerate and change gears. I understand that you can stall it too. (Manufacturer lists it at $299).
LHS had 2 in stock but they were On3.

edit: Precision Craft which is BLI. :rolleyes:

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Morning Everyone.:coffee:

It is a nice and cold 28 degrees here in portage, pennsylvania. Still snowing and I can hear the snow plows out trying to get plow it off the road so the kids can have school today. Not going to be doing anything train wise today. Have to go to the doctors today for a check up to see if I am able to go back to work or not. Been off since the 10th of this month.

Well Have A Great Day Everyone.:clap:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 40 and partly cloudy. The expected high will be around 70 and partly cloudy. There's a small chance of rain tonight and it may start getting ugly on turkey day.

Yesterday's layout work involved shuffling a couple of structures around and doing some general maintenance. Amazing how long that can take when you're having fun at it. I'm in the process of getting ready for a doctors appointment this morning. General physical time again. Gotta go feed the vampire.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/26/2008

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today
High: 40°F
Low: 38°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 70 Partly cloudy. Highs around 70. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Warmer. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds around 5 mph.

P1010400.jpg

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave:

Good morning :java1:

Up kinda early this morning.

I won $10.00 on the Megamillions last night:eek: jackpot up to $111,000,000.00 for Fridaysign1

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 38 F on the way in this morning. Our high today will be 45 F.

I did not get a chance to post yesterday. This cold virus got me again. I was up half the night on Monday coughing. Every time I tried to lie down it would set off a coughing spell. Finally around 4 AM I got to sleep only to be awakened by the alarm at 5:30 AM. Somehow I made it work and through the day. Of course I got to work and found things in a panic as we had a computer glitch that wiped out about a third of the information for one of our projects that we have to advertise today. We spent most of yesterday re-entering the information.

Feeling the way I did yesterday and the fact that I had to take my daughter to flute lesson I never made it to the workbench or layout.

It looks like due to this persistent virus my son and I will not be marching in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade with the Scouts. In our household we are debating with three of us down with this virus whether it is worth the effort to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Our dinners are small as there are only 5 of us in the immediate family. Our relatives who were local have mostly passed away or have moved to other parts of the country. Both of our families are small to start off with since both my wife and I are only-children. We are thinking about putting the turkey away until Christmas and going out for Thanksgiving.

I hope everybody has good day and a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

L

lester perry

Good morning. I haven't been here in a couple of days. Been in pain last few days. tried to run some trains, but that is hard to do when it hurts to walk. Been nice here weather wise. had some rain, but rather warm. haven't been out today. going to try to do some railroading today. have a great day.
Les

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Howdy folks - hope all start to feel better and doctor visits go well. Gonna go to dentist in a little bit and then work on science fair project I think.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Morning. Fair and warmer but still below normal for us. Leaf blowing and sucking [JD mower with bagger] day. Hope all have a great day.

How about running that bagger up this way and cleaning up my lawns.
:wave:

My back hasn't recovered yet from the last day I spent collecting and sucking up leaves. That walking the vac around with the bag over your shoulder is no fun and my back does not like it. :sad:

A little colder and not much Sun today, more like a typical Pennsylvania Winter day.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Jefelectric take it easy on the back, old injuries can act up if you over exert yourself.

Turkey Day meal is under preparation, Thanksgiving also happens to be my youngest sisters B-day I am the youngest of 4.

Will be working on layout again today in a few.:wave:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING ALL, A gloomy day @ 37 but no rain. Granny has Tomorrows dinner well under control, so I'm pretty sure we will eat way to much tomorrow. With grandsons here, there will be some train running and everything is ready, I do not expect any pile ups.Maybe a bump or two. Everyone have a GREAT THANKSGIVING. S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Happy Turkey Day!

It's 58 and cloudy. The high is expected to be in the mid 70's and there's a chance of rain.

I got the pedestrian bridge leveled yesterday. The next step now is to spray it down with Matte-Finish (outdoors of course) to get rid of the gloss. I talked with my niece in Colorado (younger sister's daughter) last night. She can't believe her son is already a year old. Next thing she knows he'll be walking down the aisle. Next I talked with her mother in Pennsylvania. She and her other half are working to get the farm house they recently bought into shape and expect to be in it by Christmas. It's near Newport on the edge of the Little Buffalo State Park. From the photos I've seen it's a very nice looking house. My mother says it looks like a typical Pennsylvania farm house.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/27/2008

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
High: 58°F
Low: 56°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph S

Today High: 75 Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning...then a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

P1010472.jpg

L

lester perry

Hope all have a very good thanksgiving. I am thankful for my family who have given me unwavering support for last year and half after disabling cerebral hemorrhage that resulted in a stroke .