Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD MORNING, Just checking in. It's too nice to stay inside so out I am going. Storms forecast for later, then I will come back in. Enjoy your day where ever you are. S.J.

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
Morning all. Back from South Carolina. Couldn't get onto Zealot very easily - IE brings up a script error. Anyway, good to be back. Put the base legs on my coaling platforms last evening. Returned a defective guitar amp.

John, I know you went to Williamsburg VA whilst I was gone - do you think it worth the visit? We're considering the long drive next year.
Where in South Carolina?

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave:

Hello anyone out there:confused:

hope to get to Lowes Thursday to get some more building supplies for fourth table :thumb:

Will do so imageneering on track plan, to see if I can fit the 2 lionel display layouts and may be a G loop on outside an find some space for S and On30 as well.....the more I think about it the more I like the ideasign1

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA

Hello anyone out there:confused:

hope to get to Lowes Thursday to get some more building supplies for fourth table :thumb:

Will do so imageneering on track plan, to see if I can fit the 2 lionel display layouts and may be a G loop on outside an find some space for S and On30 as well.....the more I think about it the more I like the ideasign1

Nothing like a little variety! :mrgreen: :thumb: I've got some 0n30 stuff, but could never find a spot for it on the layout, guess I need to enlarge it. :rolleyes:

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Hello all, little late posting here. Had a long busy day today. Had to go and cut the grass up my grandparents house, then ended up going on a motorcycle accident. Guy was hurting really bad. Then after that, i realized i got sunburnt and now I am in a little bit of pain. But ah well in a few days it will be tanned and i will be on my way. Would have done something with the trains today but that stuff was a little bit more important. Well have a good one everyone.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 71 and clear. The high will be around 90 and it's expected to be mostly cloudy.

I may be going to De Ridder today to see the Moving Wall. It'll be there briefly as it makes it's way around the country.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/3/2008

Heat Index: 76°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SSE

Today High: 92 Partly sunny. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010037-1.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was a very humid 70 F this morning on the way into work. High today will be 92 F.

No modeling last night. My daughter had a basketball game. Her team won 38 to 24. She is the tallest player on the floor and last night she finally used her size to her advantage. She dominated under the basket. I lost count of how many rebounds she had. On several occasions she followed missed shots with her own and even followed her missed shots. She just could not get them to drop, however. About 4 shots went in and out. She did score 4 points, had three or four blocked shots, about 4 assists, and a bunch of steals. This was probably the best all around game she has played.

We are getting ready for the 4th of July. Our Cub Scout pack will be marching in a parade tomorrow morning. This is the first time in 10 plus years that the pack has marched in a parade. When I first purposed this, the old leadership thought I was crazy and said it would not work. Last year due to the lack of help I got from them we didn’t get the information in time to march. This year we had all our ducks in a row and had everything arranged weeks ago. Half of the pack is supposed to be marching.

On Saturday we will be going to another scout event which is called Cub World Family Day. Cub World is our Council’s summer family resident camping and Family Day is the kick-off. It is being held at the campsite we camped at last month. It is a day event mainly for families who are not camping but want to partake in the theme for Cub World. They have a mystery set-up for the scouts to solve. Also several museums, sports teams, and other program partners will be there and have things such as petting zoos, rides, and games set-up for everyone to do.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Wife home today. Gets in way and messes up my schedule and etc. wall1 Watches stupid shows instead of hunting and fishing on the wide screen HD TV. :curse: Off to Town Hall to sign checks. May go fishing but hotter and humid. Have a good one.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good evening guyz. Well the day was pretty nice today up until about an hour and a half ago when it started to rain. Spent most of my day with the fiance and daughter. Then had to take them to her parents house so they could go camping. I didn't want to go because I still have a few things to do around here. Hope everyone had a great day today.

Have A Safe & Wonderful 4th of July Everyone.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007

Just got back home from a busy day went to Findely and back took most of the day once there and it rained all the way up and back. When I did get home had to run over to Grove city for a cook out(indoors)

Saw some neat train stuff on the way up in Delaware also saw what looked like an old concrete coaler with NS trains passing under it:confused:

In Delaware on route 42 there was a building that said CCN Railroad and there was some rolling stock 2 of which were passenger cars and it looked like a museum of some sort, anyone from Delaware Ohio have any info on this place?:wave:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
HOWDY
Wild weather last nite, came from west to east straight across the state,thunder storms for about 3/4 hours and then poured rain the rest of the nite. Today stayed cloudy till afternoon then we got some sun and low 70s. Since the tv and laptop were unplugged last nite I ran and lubed some trains, so something got done in spite of the weather. Grilling tomorrow and the weekennd is still open for debate....Have a great day tomorrow...S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

The best that I can say for the weather is that it's clear at the moment. It's a pleasant 71 degrees. Later it's gonna start getting ugly. The high will be in the low 90's and there's a fair chance of rain this afternoon.

I may be able to get some layout work done today. In fact I hope I have an uneventful weekend. Here's hoping some darn fool doesn't set off a fireworks generated fire and tries to burn the world down. Just because I'm a fire fighter doesn't mean I like putting out fires that are started out of stupidity.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/4/2008

Heat Index: 76°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.

P1010006-28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.