Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I just spent the evening setting up my new Digitrax system. I've already programmed the headlight on my F7 A-B set to be steady in reverse (only setting that would work) and be a gyralite when going forward. Programming is a snap once you get around the x's Digitrax splatters all the codes with.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Evening all not much going on here don't know why but if I click the "post quick reply" button I go into a mode where the putor is trying to load you know the circle arrow just keeps going around and around but if I click go advance and then click reply it goes right thru any body else having this problem??:rolleyes:

I do too sometimes, but it goes away.

I think it happens when the server is busy.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 79 and cloudy. The high today should be in the mid 80's and there's a good chance of rain.

Got my Digitrax system yesterday and I'm busy putting it through it's paces. I've already readdressed some of my locos and reconfigured the headlight on my Athearn F7 A-B set. Now it's a gyralight in forward and a steady light in reverse. I've also reset the starting voltage on one of my Atlas GP40's. It has a cannabilized decoder from a Bachmann DCC OnBoard GP40. I may get time today to install more decoders. I have a pile of DZ125's here that are in search of locos.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/7/2008

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph SSW

Through 6 AM...isolated showers will continue to develop and move north at 15 knots across the coastal waters off the south central Louisiana coast. Expect additional development across the inland areas of southeast Texas and Louisiana later this morning.

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy until late afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010152-1.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was a chilly 42 F as I hit the pavement this morning. High today will be 66 F.

Not much happened yesterday. Finished doing the outside Halloween decorations by hanging a couple of ghosts from the tree in the front yard. I had to go over to our storage bin and assemble some of the popcorn orders I need to fill for tomorrow night.

It is beginning to look like my train time will be limited until the popcorn sales settle down.

My daughter has a volleyball game after school today. It is against their biggest rival, the other middle school in the district.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD AFTERNOON, just stopped to check in. We got to a sunny 61 today but expecting rain before morning. did a little train fussin today but no major affair. Have a good evening and a great Wednesday....S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
LOL - Great work Jeffrey and love the humorous pics! Big thumbs up!

67 in St. Louis - what a day! Neck hurt again last night and got little sleep, but managed to make it through a day at work. No meetings, thank goodness. Working on ideas for a small Halloween layout...

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning.

It's 79 and cloudy. The high today should be in the mid 80's and there's a good chance of rain.

Got my Digitrax system yesterday and I'm busy putting it through it's paces. I've already readdressed some of my locos and reconfigured the headlight on my Athearn F7 A-B set. Now it's a gyralight in forward and a steady light in reverse. I've also reset the starting voltage on one of my Atlas GP40's. It has a cannabilized decoder from a Bachmann DCC OnBoard GP40. I may get time today to install more decoders. I have a pile of DZ125's here that are in search of locos.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/7/2008

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 75°F
Gust: 9mph SSW

Through 6 AM...isolated showers will continue to develop and move north at 15 knots across the coastal waters off the south central Louisiana coast. Expect additional development across the inland areas of southeast Texas and Louisiana later this morning.

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy until late afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010152-1.jpg

HEY, O guage guys, look at the front of that Digitrax unit. It says DCS 50. If Mike Wolf sees that he will be suing for sure. :rolleyes:

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Question...I've read several times that ponds are "winterized"...What is it, and why do they need it..?

When you live in the North you have to winterize. I trim back all of the hardy water plants and sink them to the bottom of the pond, take out the tender plants and either discard them or try to hold them over in a heated area. As I keep my waterfall and filter system running all winter, I also cover my partly buried and partly exposed filter with insulation. So far after 7 years neither has frozen up. If the power goes out that could be a problem if I don't catch it in time and get them connected to the generator. I do put in a small heater to keep a spot open near the skimmer intake. Last winter was unusually mild and we never had more than a thin skim of ice. some years you could walk on it.

Jeffrey, Your construction project looks great.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Thank you John and MadHatter. One person told me to slow down. They couldn't keep up with what I was doing.

Good morning.

It's 62 and clear this morning. The high will be around 80 and it will be partly cloudy. It's definitely cooling off. That barbed wire fence between here and the north pole must have fallen down!

Got the new crossover put in yesterday. Today I'll be pouring the plaster in around it to lock it in place. It'll be a very thin mix at first so it'll reach into all the areas under the track then thicker as it nears the top. Also got to go see an individual who owes me a bunch of green backs. I should be able to squeeze 5 portraits of Ben Franklin out of that turnip. Other than that it should be another slow day like yesterday was.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/8/2008

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 52°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 61°F
Gust: 7mph NNW

Today High: 80 Mostly sunny. Highs around 80. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 5 mph.

P1010158.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It looks like autumn is here. It was 41 F as I rolled out of the driveway. Our high will be 70 F with mostly sun.

Yesterday my daughter’s volleyball team had an up and down match. They won the first game 25 to 22, lost the second 25 to 12. The second wasn’t that close. They won the tiebreaker 15 to 4. One server on my daughter’s team had an awesome run and when she gave up the serve the score was 10 to 0. So Drexel Hill Middle School 7th grade volleyball team defeated Beverly Hills Middle School 7th grade to win the Upper Darby School District middle school bragging rights.

Not much else happened. I did not get any modeling in. It was one of those nights where I spent time helping the kids with homework, the wife with computer problems, etc. Before I knew it was bedtime.

Tonight we have Cub Scout den meetings.

I hope everybody has a good day.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
The Marines have landed at my house Via UPS:eek:

I ordered a Dodge power wagon(1949) in Marine camo For $4.99. when I opened the box there were 6 Dodge Power wagon dicast models:eek: I looked at the catolog and the packing slip and thought it was a mistake but catolog says 7 lbs shipping weight and the case of trucks is 7 pondssign1 I wanted one to go on a disply with my WWII jeep with Beetle Baily figures(Sarge, Beetle and otto) Now I have enough to do some G scale flat car loads:confused::thumb:

I got them from Northern Tool catolog

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Evening, Oh my someone else using the DCS word=lawsuit for sure. We had a lite rain type day but 66 degrees. After the past two weeks in the low fifties this feels like spring again. I can cut the grass, do a better job of covering the boat,its the support under the cover thats important to keep snow and rain from ponding on the cover,it will freeze and add weight. Dr. this morning and some shopping meant no train time. Have a great thursday and stay safe.....S.J.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
The Marines have landed at my house Via UPS:eek:

I ordered a Dodge power wagon(1949) in Marine camo For $4.99. when I opened the box there were 6 Dodge Power wagon dicast models:eek: I looked at the catolog and the packing slip and thought it was a mistake but catolog says 7 lbs shipping weight and the case of trucks is 7 pondssign1 I wanted one to go on a disply with my WWII jeep with Beetle Baily figures(Sarge, Beetle and otto) Now I have enough to do some G scale flat car loads:confused::thumb:

I got them from Northern Tool catolog

Too much talk about ponds lately now I am typing that wordsign1
Sorry to hear of the fish casulties. Raised some fish from feeder guppies & fancy Guppies, Mollies, Sword tails and Platies. Live baring fish are my favorite ones to raise but too much work to do it right and upkeep is time consuming.

Will work some more on layout in the morning:mrgreen:

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi John...Thanks for the info on the ponds...Are these natural or man-made ponds..?? It sounds like a giant aquarium...!!!
Having lived in Madison (WI) for over 10 years, I'm familiar with ice over large bodies of water....What I never figured out is why anyone would want to go to the middle of a frozen lake, and sit there for hours...FISHING...!!!!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.