Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Afternoon [now!!!!!!]. Been on phone on town business since I got up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't take a day off. Then went to get my Friday paper and not there. 7 weeks in a row. So I called the State's largest newpaper and chewed them out and told them no more interview for Rosyville since they con not handle on carrier. wall1:curse: Later.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Jeffery gotta take care of them feet:mrgreen: My feet are almost back to normal(no more cracks in heals) Us diabetics have to check them feet everyday:eek:

Chief start a new newspaper run by the "state" or in this case the city:twisted:

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
90 degrees today in Colorado - in the mountains. Took one of the snakes outside to get some sun - she loved it!

Building shelves, planting bonsai...and strill trying to clear away all the "stuff" blocking my layout site! :cool:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING
I put a new block of ice in the caboose ice box everything was warm. Most of the local news seems to be the storms we keep getting. One missed us today but flooded streets all over detroit this afternoon. Sct. storms in the forecast through tuesday. No new train news today I think everyone is waiting for catalog items that just are not showing up. So with that I will say goodnite........S.J.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Finally got out of town and went to Frankie's. Made up his materials list for lumber, electrical and etc. for building his work area in his garage. Left it all [except big air lines from compressor] at house he sold. Got back and fed. 30 minutes after feeding animals and fish, stormed. Had 4.5 tenths of an inch of rain. Wind blew but did not blow down the corn. Came from a direction that it was protected. Now watching TV. Good night all.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Goof morning.

It's 73 and partly cloudy. The high should be around 90 and there's a fair chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

I got more ballasting done on the layout yesterday and I'll be doing more today if I feel up to it.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/28/2008

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

P1010020-8.jpg

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave:

Good morning one and all.

Seems to be a calm but overcast morning today.

After taking care of some business today will work on bench work if it does not rain.

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Morning All, Glad to see everyone is doing well! Quiet weekend planned here NO PLANS, will have to find something to do!

Chief you better get all those bodies picked up before the MRS gets home, she wont appreciate a bunch of varmits laying all over the yard.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It is 82 F on its way to 88 F. The humidity is brutal today. It was bad when I got at 5:30 AM to let the dogs out and feed the cat. I went back to my air conditioned bed for a few hours.

The wife is a work, which meant I had to wake the bear, aka my son. He is one unpleasant person when he gets up in the morning.

My daughter and I are about to head out to the grocery store. My son will stay home with his grandfather, which means he gets to put away the groceries when we get home.

I hope everybody has a good day.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
wall1wall1wall1

Two more cuts and table three would have been completed but then the storm came in:curse:

Bought an old Chevy truck(hotwheels to add to my 30's thru 50's vehicals) also bought at oddlots a WWII sim called faces of war for 6 bucks they also had one called Axis an alliance also 6 bucks may go back and get it to.

Storm should last another 30 min or so:rolleyes:

good afternoon everyone:wave:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Well,,,,no big news today, it rained this morning, I waited till six pm and cut the grass as all this rain is really giving me a great lawn but too wet to cut. More rain on the way from now till tuesday. no news from the train store so I guess its slow there too. Enjoy your sunday...S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Hey guys, nothing going in St. Louis. Worked this morning, bought some supplies for the basement, and then went out to eat with family. Just watching tv and chilling now, LOL.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Finished 3rd table and delivered it to the basement where it awaits assembly will get an early start in morning on the fourth table, table 1 the model I have been going by needs to be redone here and there just minor tweaks sign1 Pics will be coming soon. Did anyone catch the PBS documentary on the making of Samuria swords:cool:

I can feel an early trip to lowes in the morning:twisted:

good night all:wave:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 74 and very cloudy, almost to the point of being foggy. The high will be around 90 and there's a good chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

I'll be doing more ballast work today on the two back corners. I'll also be adding some patches of weeds (no tall grass) to a couple of spurs as well as a stretch of abandoned track running beside the north engine house and foundry.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/29/2008

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 16mph W

Today High: 90 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs around 90. Southwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010030-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.