Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
GOOD EVENING ALL, just checking in. I was bad again today, no trains, just goofed off. Tomorrow nite I get to go and have a sleep test, seems weird knowing someone will watch you sleep. I'll practice tonite. Have a great monday...S.J.

Been there, done that. I've used a CPAP for about ten years, a pain in the #$%&, but I guess it helps as wife says I don't stop breathing at night anymore and I no longer snore.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning. Used a CPAP for 6 months and it was worse than no sleep. Dumped it and lost weight. Cured it. Now need to loose it back but still no problem. Hate those things.

Off to Town Hall for a few and then to the lake for a couple of days. Have a great week.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 68 and clear. The high should be in the mid 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

Cable problems continue to plague me so I probably won't be on much today.
I've been doing research on different DCC systems and have narrowed it down to two (in terms of price). The Digitrax Zephyr ($179.98 - Walther's) and the MRC Prodigy Express ($118.54 - Amazon). I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the Zephyr about locos just suddenly stopping and about uncontrolled runaways. I certainly wouldn't want a parked loco on a siding to suddenly start up and charge into the middle of a passing freight, though Gomez Addams would probably love it. This has me leaning more toward the MRC system. The 1.6 amp power doesn't bother me. I already have a 5 amp booster that should work well with the system plus I'll only be running 4 locos at a time - max.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/29/2008

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 59°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 85 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. North winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 60 Mostly clear. Lows near 60. North winds around 5 mph.

P1010058.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 65 F this morning. Our high today will be 77 F without rain. All it seemed to do this weekend was rain. We did have times of sun but they were short.

It was a busy and somewhat nutty weekend. Friday we took delivery of our Cub Scout’s pack popcorn so I was running around like crazy. By the time we got done dealing with that it was time for my son’s guitar lesson. The rest of the weekend was spent housecleaning and decorating the house for Halloween. We are pretty much done the inside. Due to the wet weather we have not started the outside. We also managed to get my son his Halloween costume. It is a zombie and since zombies are not politically correct he will have to come up with something else for his school Halloween parade.

Sunday was our 17th wedding anniversary. We did not do anything special. We did go to dinner to a sandwich type place that we like. We were not interested in anything fancy. We just wanted a good meal for a reasonable price. Today is my daughter’s 13th birthday. We will have a little family celebration tonight. She and her mother are in the process of planning her party for next month. Something about a mall shopping party.

Football, where do I begin? I pulled my son out last week after they decided to move him back to varsity. He was doing well with JV. He was learning and enjoying the game again. Under no circumstances did he want to go back to varsity. After my conversation with one of the coaches I realized that they were bigger jerks than I had thought. I always love when a coach says that they don’t need another parent telling them what to do. Of course when I responded with a question as to why so many kids want off his team he did not have a response. Then he tried the old why don’t you coach to which I told him that I have done my years as coaching and then I asked him if I was a coach would he listen to me and follow my recommendations and why is being coach any more important than a concerned parent. Basically all I got was a blank stare and silence. My son is both relieved and upset. He is upset because he wants to play football and knows he will have to wait to next year. (We will go to another organization). He is relieved because he no longer has to deal with these horrible coaches any longer.

I cleaned up the layout and the workbench over the weekend. I put a lot of things away that were just laying around. I helped my son replace couplers on a couple of his cars and we ran trains for a while.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning, So far the weather doesn't look as good as the forcast said it would, cloudy and dark.

Tom, I do not envy you the trials and tribulations of parenting. Been there & done that. Much better being a grandparent.

Chief, They say you can get used to anything if you keep at it long enough. Actually can't say I'm used to it, just put up with it.

Jeffrey, I thought you had a DCC system? Did I miss something?

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Good morning folks

It was 65 F this morning. Our high today will be 77 F without rain. All it seemed to do this weekend was rain. We did have times of sun but they were short.

It was a busy and somewhat nutty weekend. Friday we took delivery of our Cub Scout’s pack popcorn so I was running around like crazy. By the time we got done dealing with that it was time for my son’s guitar lesson. The rest of the weekend was spent housecleaning and decorating the house for Halloween. We are pretty much done the inside. Due to the wet weather we have not started the outside. We also managed to get my son his Halloween costume. It is a zombie and since zombies are not politically correct he will have to come up with something else for his school Halloween parade.

Sunday was our 17th wedding anniversary. We did not do anything special. We did go to dinner to a sandwich type place that we like. We were not interested in anything fancy. We just wanted a good meal for a reasonable price. Today is my daughter’s 13th birthday. We will have a little family celebration tonight. She and her mother are in the process of planning her party for next month. Something about a mall shopping party.

Football, where do I begin? I pulled my son out last week after they decided to move him back to varsity. He was doing well with JV. He was learning and enjoying the game again. Under no circumstances did he want to go back to varsity. After my conversation with one of the coaches I realized that they were bigger jerks than I had thought. I always love when a coach says that they don’t need another parent telling them what to do. Of course when I responded with a question as to why so many kids want off his team he did not have a response. Then he tried the old why don’t you coach to which I told him that I have done my years as coaching and then I asked him if I was a coach would he listen to me and follow my recommendations and why is being coach any more important than a concerned parent. Basically all I got was a blank stare and silence. My son is both relieved and upset. He is upset because he wants to play football and knows he will have to wait to next year. (We will go to another organization). He is relieved because he no longer has to deal with these horrible coaches any longer.

I cleaned up the layout and the workbench over the weekend. I put a lot of things away that were just laying around. I helped my son replace couplers on a couple of his cars and we ran trains for a while.

Oh I like that - - he didn't have an answer!!

Geeze!!! Why in the heck did they decide to move him back to varsity???

Oh - I see - the kid's having too much fun.. can't have that!! Move him back!! wall1 wall1 wall1 wall1 wall1

unreal!!!!

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
I've got that Bachman EZ DCC system from a brief flirtation with HO and it worked well for me. I've kept it along with a lot of track in hopes of putting some narrow gauge O trains on my layout eventually. We'll see!

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Am I the only one who is seeing the banner ad saying the Gauge is gone and to click here for 2guyzand sumtrains???

What is that all about?????:confused::confused::confused:

Will have my pic the judge took of my car at the car show scaned sometime in the morning. Next show I will bring my own camera so I can get some cool pics of other cars:cool:

Got the November issues of CTT and MR will retire from the internet and do some reading:wave:

rock island rocket

Jul 19, 2008
Am I the only one who is seeing the banner ad saying the Gauge is gone and to click here for 2guyzand sumtrains???

What is that all about?????:confused::confused::confused:

Will have my pic the judge took of my car at the car show scaned sometime in the morning. Next show I will bring my own camera so I can get some cool pics of other cars:cool:

Got the November issues of CTT and MR will retire from the internet and do some reading:wave:

i see the banner too, not sure what kind of site they think they are but its the most bass ackwards site i ever clicked on.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 64 and clear. The high should be in the mid 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

I didn't get much done on the layout yesterday as I've been busy with other things. Have an appointment to get castings made of my feet today so the work on my shoes can start. Once they're finished I'll be able to get around a bit better.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/30/2008

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph N

Today High: 88 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010107-1.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was a chilly 54 F as I hit the pavement. High will be 76 F.

We had a little family celebration for my daughter’s birthday last night. Not much else happened. I didn’t get any modeling done. I just kind of hung out with the kids.

Today will be busy. My daughter has a volleyball game after school and flute lesson in the evening.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Here are the pics of my car at the car show and the award for top ten of 1980 and newer group. The award features the managers choice of the previous show.:mrgreen::thumb::cool:

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 12
  • mycar.JPG
    mycar.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 40

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING, Just dropped in to say Hi. I had a restless nite at a sleep center as Dr. says I may not be getting enough oxygen while asleep. So at home, I slept off/on all day today. Figures right. No trains but the weather is changing here so It won't be long, more time in the house, more time for trains....S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Here's a sneak peek at the sign for the air conditioner company at the back of my layout. Their building looks just like a giant window unit. Wouldn't be the first time a company made their building look like their product.

P1010106-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.