Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSXect

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prays.

I still can not figure out how someone could hit a deer at 11:00 am on a bike, I guess it was a bad timing for both the deer and the rider:confused:

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Pretty day. Will go fix wife's neice's golf cart. Corrosion and one ring terminal gone. Have a great week.

jefelectric

CSXect, Sorry to hear about your relative. My son just lost a friend less than a week ago on a bike, pickup driver made a left right in front of him. I can understand how it happened. The truck driver was sitting waiting for a car to pass to make his left and did not realize there was a bike following the car. When he saw it, it was to late.

MadModler, We had a dog sprayed many years ago. I think she was trying to sniff the skunks but because she got it right in the face. Her eyes were OK, but did she ever have bad breath for a long while. Wife gave her a bath in Tomato Juice and that really helped.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Wow - Lots happening here....

CSX - prayers to you & your family.. ICU is No Fun!!!!
As far as the deer - I had one get spooked and jump right out in front of the car about a car length ahead of me.. he landed and Jumped right away - otherwise it would have been bad... I slammed on the brakes.. But with the new ABS brakes - we never would have stopped in time. I was only going 35 MPH too....

Chief - (And everyone else) we're having ongoing problems with e-mail notifications.. The people at Crowdgather are working on it.. :( :(

MadModeler - Glad you & your dog are feeling better.. :) :D :) :D :) Geeze - The owners of the sprayed dog must be having a good time with that.. Ewwww I gag when I hit a "cloud" of skunk that has been hit by a car. Unholy smell!!! :(

TomPm and Rich Mariano
- http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156724&page=6 You have cursed me again! :D :D :D I'm the only one out of 8 players that did not make the chase...

CSXect

Thanks again for the prayers and thoughts everyone.

I have been afraid of motorcycles but like to collect Harley Davidson stuff:cool:

The only injury was a broken collarbone and his back of head was swollen really bad enough to be in ICU. He has shown improvement may go visit Monday. Mom went to see him yesterday and there were a ton of biker people there plus family as well. :cool:

We have a raccoon living in the storm sewer, a possum under some ones shed and late in the evening we sometimes can smell a skunk:eek:

I am just Glad we do not live where there are elk or moose running around.

N Gauger and jefelectric, thanks for your well wishes. I was speaking with the neighbour this morning and she said they used some Listerine diluted in water to wash their pooch. It is working as the dog smells much better today. Our dog was sprayed last year and we used Tomato juice on her. Got the worst of the smell out but she still stunk for a few months after that. (worse when she was wet).

CSXect, our prayers to your relative for a very speedy recovery. Glad to hear he's doing better and hope he continues to improve quickly.

We have deer up in our area as well and I noticed that they can be very unpredictable. I saw one make it across the road safely and then bolt back out into traffic for no apparent reason. It got to that side safely (we slowed down prior to this and were able to miss it) but another time, my wife and I saw a deer bolt out in front of a truck and get hit. Deer was killed but the driver was okay. I'm not surprised that your relative hit the deer at that time of the morning. With those critters you can't be too careful.

Chief Eagles

RT is in the hospital due to chest pains. Looks like he may be Ok and come home tomorrow. Went up to Lake House [did not stop at house as guy is moving out and lots going on for him] and took SIL and hubby to see. If all goes well, we will be spending this weekend there and they will go with us next weekend. I'll probably be going up next Wednesday or Thrusday for that weekend and all the next week. :thumb: Later

sir james

Good Evening all, we had rain overnite and a nice sunny day. Trains today was a look through the new OGR, nothing great caught my eye.but I will read some of it. get ready for monday because here it comes....S.J.

Brutus

Good luck on the sale, Chief - hope it's yours ASAP!

Worked on the basement and made some progress. Hit my head on the end of the handrail - bump! Oh well, another step closer to starting my layout!

Nice pic, Jeffrey!

Talked to RT - he sounded great and wanted to talk about his locomotives. Vampire showed up to get samples - for later :twisted:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 70 F on the way in to the office. High today will be 85 F.

This was a busy weekend. We got a little over 2 inches of rain from Hanna. The only damage we had was the winds blew down a bunch of small branches. We were able to get the grocery shopping done since my son’s football game was rescheduled for Sunday. In the game his team lost 12-0. Again it was a poorly played and coached game. Given those facts, the disorganized practices and my son is no longer having any fun I am about ready to pull the plug on the season. There have also been a few incidents during practices that have not been sitting well with me.

No modeling or train running got done this weekend.

CSXext, hope your cousin is doing better.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Breakfast of red hots and toast this AM. Off to Town Hall and luncheon meeting. Then mow this afternoon as rain tomorrow afternoon. Have a great week.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 74 and mostly cloudy here. The high is expected to be around the upper 80's and there's a chance of thunderstorms.

According to the 5 day forecast Ike will make landfall close to the Texas/Louisiana line west of the Sabine Pass as a cat4 hurricane.

at200809_5day.gif

I put together a couple more of my creations yesterday. A Bachmann GP40 shell on an Athearn GP60 frame and a Bachmann GP50 on an Athearn GP50 frame. There wasn't anything 'simple' about either one. Both are quiet runners with premium motors, hex shaft drive and nickel silver wheels. They're both in line for DCC decoders.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/8/2008

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 90 Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 90. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. East winds around 5 mph.

Modified Bachmann GP40 shell on Athearn GP60 frame. It's now my long haul GP40.
P1010061.jpg

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Good morning folks

In the game his team lost 12-0. Again it was a poorly played and coached game. Given those facts, the disorganized practices and my son is no longer having any fun I am about ready to pull the plug on the season. There have also been a few incidents during practices that have not been sitting well with me.

yeah - I've heard of that happening before.. Egos are horrible thing... :( :( Sad to say that I support you & your son. If it's not fun anymore, it's time to toss in the towel.. If enough people do it - maybe the organization will get the message... :(

Good luck with whatever you decide... :)

sir james

GOOD EVENING ALL, RT-glad your home,my best to you. Got the grass cut, now some much needed rain has arrived. No trains today but I always think about them. Here's hoping all is well....S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Been working on my GP40 today. It's a modified Bachmann body on an Athearn GP60 chassis.

This morning it looked like this:
P1010061.jpg

Now it's in the black and white paint of the MGRy and has some light weathering:
P1010079.jpg

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Closing has to wait until next week as scheduled [18th] as lawyer is too busy. He hired him and its his money so OK with me. I've got meetings everyday from Wed thru next Wed. So what the heck.

CSXect

:wave:

Still unemployed at the moment, but head is above waterwall1

have a busy plan even while not workingsign1 The 20th unless something comes up will be my garage sale that I have been putting off(actualy will be at Southpointe flea market.) On 23rd Transam will be getting oil change and service engine soon light checked out and spifed up for a small car show on 28th in Grovetucky. In the morning I will be making a trip to Sutherlands to get plywood for the 2 remaining tables.

In other news I made it into the Nutrition centers news letter, will post articale with before and after pics if it does not break any forum rules:mrgreen:

Saw some where that a British company was trying to buy CSX:eek: That is an alarming
bit of news as our countrys infrastucture is apperantly up for sale . :curse:

No new news about my cousin(known to his fellow bikers as Dutch) His daughter and brother are/were in Iraq. Do not know if they will let them come home to visit yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.