Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Good morning.

it's 67 and cloudy. The high today should be around 90 and it will be partly cloudy.

I've been keeping an eye on hurricane Ike and I must say the data on the 5 day forecast is taking an alarming direction! Unless something happens to keep the storm out in the gulf long enough to send it to Mexico it will make landfall in the vicinity of New Orleans and roll right across the state to my area, as if we haven't had enough already. Here's a map showing the current 5 day forecast.
Ooooooooooooooooo :curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
I was thinking of you this morning when they "Updated" the forecast... I wonder if he lives "there"....

Not good!!! Keep an eye on that thing!!!

We {Don't} like Ike!!! :( :(

steamhead

West is where I'm at...!!!! wall1wall1
Keep it out of my backyard...One hurricane a year is all I can take...:cry:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It is 79 F on its way to 80 F. We are still waiting for the other shoe to drop. So far, Hanna has missed us. The heavy rain has been to the south and west. We got a little bit last night, just enough to get the pavement wet but not the overnight deluge predicated. Right now, the pavement is dry and it is overcast. We are still under the Flood Watch and Tropical Storm Wind Warning. If Hanna tracks as predicated and the center goes through South Jersey then later this afternoon we will get the heavy rain. They are still calling for 3 to 6 inches. Of course, it looks like the heavy rain will come during my son’s game.

No modeling last night. We were getting ready for Hanna. I had to mow the grass and put away the lawn furniture and anything else that could blow over or away.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jefelectric

Well the rain has arrived in earnest. Probably have about an inch now, judging from a long range look at the rain gauge.

Rain did hold up until the HS football game was over last evening. The bad news is that the home team lost. Had a 13-0 lead in the first quarter, but managed to loose it 27-28 in overtime.

Woke up this morning with a killer backache, something new for me. As a result not much activity. Guess I'll watch the Penn State game later.

N Gauger

Hanna found us!

John - It was a bit worse where you are - A bit anti-climatic here. Just tons of gallons of rain here.. :( Not too much wind

It's supposed to end soon here - Later where Tom is.. And then we'll have to see what happens with the small stream flooding.

GUS!!! --- Ike is a Category 4!! Comin to visit you around the end of the week!! :( :( We'll watch and Pray!!

You're right - once is enough!!!

By the way - here is the link to the Hurricane Center:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?5day#contents

jefelectric

Well the total so far is 3.1" and it looks to be about over. The rain was sorely needed. Getting some wind now but nothing overpowering.

The Penn State game has become boring, 45-7 near the end of the 3rd quarter.

Trying to make a little progress on the doll house project. Made some stone paper using Model Builder software to cover the foundation and am gluing that on now.

N Gauger

News just said that Fayettville & Raligh NC were hardest hit... Chief is Just a bit NE of Raleigh :( :(

Hope you made it through OK - Chief!!!

Just said We got 2.71 " of rain.. John - Lampeter, PA got 4" Woah!!!

steamhead

Mikey...I don't want to hear those words.....If it's gotta come this way, hopefully it'll hit in the less populated areas between Corpus Christi and Houston....(Not that I wish that kind of punishment on anyone....:cry:)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
My son's football game was rescheduled to tomorrow. The heavy rain started dropping on us around noon. We showed up for the game at 2:30 PM just as they were announcing it was off. It been raining heavily since. According to the Upper Darby High School weather station we have got 2 inches of rain. Wind has picked up. It blowing at 14 MPH with gusts near 40 mph. There have been reports of a tornado near Allentown. They say it will be out of here in a few more hours.

Brutus

No rain in St. Louis today - yay! Worked 6 hours of OT this morning, met family for lunch and now we're watching Psych on the dvr.

Chief Eagles

As usual, news media over plays things. Fayetteville and Raleigh had some flooding but it is places that always floor. Fayetteville was flooding worse than usual. No wind. I have seen one tree down in traveling 40 miles to Frankie's house and back. It was a dead rotten one. I think there were a few trees down "spotly" over the area. Very little power outages. We have higher winds in big thunderstorms. Rivers are flooding but that happens when we have a tropical event. Actually the good Lord blessed us with this storm. I got 3.25 inches of rain. Pond filled back up and is flowing over spillway. Rain "freshened" my new turnips coming up.

sir james

Good evening, sounds like everyone is ok.good., we had sun and 70s today and my train business was a lionel hopper I just won on the "bay". wife finished her canning today and baked me two peach pies, wonder what she wants. time will tell. enjoy your sunday..S.J.

CSXect

Today brings bad/sad news for our family. A relative had a motorcycle accident got hit by an eleven point buck on way to Columbus from Johnstown:cry: he is in ICU but is improving.

Hope everyone has a good week end, good night:wave:

deer are a bad thing on a bike, lots of deer hits on bikes in my county, but i been lucky so far, but then i dont ride at night much anymore after i hit a cow with my truck. and i dont run as fast anymore,,, guess im getting old!

Ooo Been there - -Not good on any points,... Dogs listening to satellite radio are no fun at all :) :) :)

And where was your doctor?? they should have told you that lots of meds "React" to BP meds... :( :( Never a good thing!! :)

I was Lightheaded for more than a day - I said "Never again": :( :( I check everything mow.. Most over the counter stuff says Don't take if you have hige BP.. So we just have to suffer :(

Glad you feel better - - The Dog will survive too :D They always have to - they live to torment us .. :D :D

Thanks N Gauger.

Yeah, I hear you on all points. I had changed doctors at the time the blood pressure bit started happening and he didn't have my full chart. He didn't know about my allergies. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have told him verbally about my allergies. I'm fine now but as mentioned, lesson learned. When I see him again, I'll make absolutely certain that he is updated.

The dog's meds seem to be working. She's still scratching but nowhere near as much. And yup, she definitely is living up to her life's goal of tormenting us.:rolleyes:

Last night, my wife and I sat by the fire in the back yard (we replaced our fire pit with a fire bowl) and it was really nice until the neighbour's dog attacked and got sprayed by a skunk. :eek: Fortunately we were upwind so we were spared the bulk of the aroma! However, I feel badly for the neighbour. Luckily the dog didn't get any of the spray in her face but just over her back so her eyes are okay but boy does she ever stink!

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 70 and mostly clear. The high today will be around 90 and it will be partly cloudy.

Still tracking Ike and still not liking what I'm seeing. Mowed the grass yesterday morning then laid down to rest and woke up six hours later.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/7/2008

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 90 Partly cloudy. Highs around 90. East winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds around 5 mph.

P1010056.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.