Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Evening, It looks like the crew fell asleep. nice day here middle 70s, but going back into the 80s tomorrow. No trains today,sorry, but I did think about them, does that count? And I got a hair cut and E85 for the Ranger...TTFN...S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Hey guys - nothing going on here today. I got the front and sides mowed. Started on the back, but knee twinged, so I put that off until tomorrow night. Nice pic, Jeffrey! Love that KCS - nice livery.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 75 and cloudy with drizzle. The high should be in the mid 80's and there's a good chance of rain.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/20/2008

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph ESE

Now through 06:00 AM CDT August 20, 2008

Through 6 AM...numerous showers and thunderstorms will continue to move northeast across Tyler...Hardin...Jefferson counties in southeast Texas...and from Sabine Pass to High Island out 60 nautical miles. Within the stronger storms...expect occasional cloud to ground lightning...brief gusty winds of 25 to 35 mph...and heavy rainfall of one to one and a half inches per hour. Elsewhere across the remainder of southeast Texas...central and southcentral Louisiana...patchy light rain will amount to less than a tenth of an inch per hour.

Today High: 85 Showers and thunderstorms likely. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010009-18.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was a crisp 60 F on the way in this morning. High will be 79 F. It feels more like September than August right about now. Of course any day the a/c is not running is a good one.

Yesterday we went out and met with a couple of townships concerning a multi-use trail they are proposing. The trail could take bicycle traffic off the state route which is a good thing given the narrowness of the road and the speed of traffic. The thing they didn’t like is we told them one of their proposed trailheads would not be approved and they would have to move it away from a curve and a bridge.

I actually ran a train and did a short photo session last night.

Tonight my wife and I are going to the Phillies game. She won tickets for the Hall of Fame Club (I think that is the name). It is the Club Seats. My son has a football scrimmage tonight. My wife and the kids are supposed to be going school clothing shopping this afternoon since she has off from the museum today. So basically it is going to be a crazy day.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Evening, we had 78 and breezy,85 tomorrow, no rain for ten days and grass is turning to straw. On the train front I did a few laps today with a RK CP Royal Hudson, that was it. My wife is watching olympics, one channel I swear has had nothing but boxing since the olympics started. I watch for the scores but not the games....S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
That sounds like a sweet locomotive, Sir James. I'll have to run it tonight when I swing by for a snack later! Good day at work. Took an "interreliability" test and felt like I did a good job, had a meeting with one of the "big bosses" that I thought went really well, got some cases moved for my trainees, and had a few good teacher moments. This class is going to end in just a few weeks and there is not another promotion/class coming soon - sigh. I was really getting to like being the teacher! But, I like my real job too and I'm sure we'll be working on some great stuff for years to come now that I will get to work with my former students.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Busy day. Down east to a bank for business and back for Chamber big meeting. Then wife out to dinner for her REAL birthday. Then feed birds, deer and fish. Now a break. Got a switch in the mail today. Buddy sent it. I willg et to handle a real ROSS switch. Later

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 73 and very cloudy. The high is expected to be in the mid 80's and there's a chance of thunderstorms later.

We got 3/4's of an inch of rain yesterday. Hopefully we'll get more today. Every little bit helps. I spent part of yesterday rewiring two Proto 2000 locomotives so they'll have all wheel pickup to feed one decoder that will be driving both motors. Obviously this means they'll be permanently lashed up together. The decoder is one of Bachmann's $20 wonders so I'm not too worried it. It'll either work or it won't. The stall tests say it will.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/21/2008

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.29"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 12mph SSE

Now through 07:30 AM CDT August 21, 2008

Through 7:30 AM...scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will continue to move north-northeast at 30 mph across southeast Texas...western Louisiana...and adjacent coastal waters from Grand Chenier to High Island out 60 nautical miles. Within the stronger storms...expect frequent lightning...brief gusty winds to 30 mph...and heavy rainfall of one half to one inch per hour.

Today High: 85 Numerous showers and scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 5 mph.

P1010015.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was a cool 65 F on the way in to the office. Our high today will be 82 F.

We went to the Phillies game last night. It was a good game ruined by the company around us. No matter where we went we couldn’t seem to get away from the drunks, obnoxious people, or “sports experts”. You could have gotten drunk off the fumes coming off the group sitting behind us. Of course every other word out of the mouth should have been bleeped. Another group next to us kept complaining about their seats and the view. Basically they talked the entire time we were there. Given the area we were in; the Hall of Fame Club” I naively thought the experience would be different. I am glad our kids did not come with us as it was not a family atmosphere. As I said to my wife when were leaving it was time for a reality check and we had to be reminded why we do not go to Phillies games. If I want to have a good family experience at the ballpark, I will stick with minor league baseball.

Before we left for the game I worked on a troublesome passenger car with my son. The car has been derailing on curves. We added weight to the car. My son was supposed to test it. However, when he got home from football he forgot. Instead he spent the evening running other passenger cars around the layout. He was proud of himself as he converted the couplers on one of the cars from hook and horn to a knuckle coupler by himself.

Tonight we have a Cub Scout Leaders’ Meeting.

I hope everybody has a good day.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave:

Good afternoon everyone

Work went great today I now know how to ghost computers only have two left to ghost. and it is back to working on older pcs for awhile.

For you Chevy fans there is a Chevy show/collection on route 33 and gender rd in Canal Winchester Ohio supposedly the largest collection of concept cars and first serial number cars off production line.

Off Friday and Monday maybe some train time this weekend,

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
HOWDY, A nice summer day that I have enjoyed without doing anything outstanding. I ran a train for a few loops while I was doing something else. I would stop and watch it go by and then back to what I was doing. Thats been my day so far. Oh and a trip to Kroger.....S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Way to go Packer!

Just work work work for me, so I can help pay SSA and help Chief upgrade his switches to Ross. Actually, this is the first week I won't be able to work OT - have a family party on Saturday. Kids started school today - they are excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.