Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefelectric

Evening all. Back from a gathering at FIL's. Good food. Will not go into the reason we had the gathering. Too complicated. Wedding of Wife's Nephew this coming Friday evening. Got a sprinkle this afternoon. Good trip to Todd's Train Depot. Got what I needed to insulate a siding to park Big Boy. Now to get it done. Got train meet tomorrow at 9 AM. Street not lost. Seems two residences down a "path" [not street] that have Town Water and sewer but not in Town Limits. Should not be on any services. Not paying taxes. Another "good ole boys" trick that was done during old Roseyville days. New Sheriff in Town. Good night all.

Chief, I thought you were one of the "Good Ole Boys"

jeffrey-wimberl

It's been one thunderstorm after another today with lots of wind and lightning, but very little rain. We got 3/4's of an inch this morning.

sir james

Sorry no trains today. But the weather was nice. 83 and sunny. I'm thinking maybe the train store tomorrow but not sure yet. So a fine evening howdy to everyone..S.J.

Chief Eagles

Went to train meet. Picked up a MTH scale NS I beam car with plywood loads. Real nice but it is BIG. Runs good on layout. Here is wife's lastest addition to the house. Lucy. 10 weeks old and 3 lbs. Will only get ot abut 10 lbs. Full of energy. Loves to play with spray can tops [like hairspray].

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

Good night and sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Brutus

Good work, Jeff!

Had a spicy grilled catfish filet for dinner and then some icecream at Sir James' house, so I'm full. Hey, where is Laz lately? Oh, did he go on a trip too?

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 73 and partly cloudy. The high will be in the mid 90's and it'll be mostly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/4/2008

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 95 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts to 40 mph after midnight.

P1010087.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 74 F and pleasant this morning. High today will be 88 F with sun.

We spent a part of yesterday at Tyler Arboretum viewing their tree house exhibit. These were not ordinary tree houses. Some of them were not even in the trees. Later in the evening we did some yard work.

We had an interesting evening last night. When I was closing up the house for bed I heard voices out at the street. I looked outside and there were 2 K-9 units, and 4 patrol cars. There were several officers milling around in there vests. A little later an unmarked car pulled up. The only thing I saw was one of them had what looked like a stray pitbull on a leash. These gave the dog water and feed it and then one of the plain clothes officer took the dog with him. The whole thing lasted about an hour. I never did figure out what was going on.

No modeling got done yesterday.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. County Commissioners meeting this afternoon. Time now for coffee and breakfast. Hope all have a great week. Later.

CSXect

:wave:

Good Monday morning to all.

Not much going on here at the moment, waiting for some mail(catalogs from Road armor and Dapol) the first is a custom bumper grill and winch manufacturer they have designs for most trucks and suv's and Dapol is a British train company. Also waiting for DVD on how to custom curve gargraves track:thumb:

Brutus

CSX - I think I just ordered that DVD a couple days ago - how is it? So I wouldn't "waste" the shipping cost, I also bought a truck for Thomas :-^ This was done for sound economic reasons, of course.

HOT - heat index is like 105 outside, so I'm inside on the computer. Kidneys, man - Kidneys!

CSXect

CSX - I think I just ordered that DVD a couple days ago - how is it? So I wouldn't "waste" the shipping cost, I also bought a truck for Thomas :-^ This was done for sound economic reasons, of course.

!

It was kinda short but informative and covers the basics of laying down flex track, nearator has a monotone voice so do not watch when sleepysign1 I now know how to bend track with a jig but how do you make the jig in the first place:eek::confused: Actualy I have an idea on how to make a jig just never did it before. Got 3 days of work coming up so must turn in shortly.:wave:

sir james

Hi everyboby
Got one eye here and one on the WC radar,,bad storms forecast, looks like Chicago is getting it now. Usually comes our way. Kurt, heads up. no trains today I did thumb the catalog again though. Have a safe tomorrow,,,S.J.

jefelectric

Evening all,

Brutus and CSXect,
one of the magazines had an article about bending Gargraves some time back, but I don't remember when or which one so I'm not much help. As I recall it was pretty detailed, including making the jig.

Did the workout thing this morning and yard work this afternoon. No trains today.

We have had really nice weather the last couple of days as the humidity has been down. Could use some rain though, it is getting really dry.

Brutus

There is a recent track book I bought that compares all the different O gauge track systems and has a lot of info on gargraves too. This might have been based on the same article? Trackwork for Toy Trains by Peter Riddle.

Chief Eagles

Evening all. County Commissioners meeting was LOOOOONG. Over an hour presentation on a piece of property that the School System wanted to buy. Turns out it had rock outcropings and would cost over 2M to remove to build on. The protectors of the tax payers money won. School System tried to use my name and Rolesville's name in vain. Shut them down. They are mad, I know. Well, did not get to eat dinner until 7:30. Then ahd to go to pond and feed the deer [waiting]. Now popcorn time. Will go ahead and say good night. OH, shipped Legacy to Ohizo this morning.

here is a cut and paste of an email my wife been emailing out to friend, cancer update on me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After visiting with the doctor today who seems to be very knowledgeable on this type of cancer, I am sending an update on what we wil be doing next for Rusty.
First off, he wants to do an ultrasound of the other testicle to assure that it is not cancerous as well, although the doctor highly doubts it.
Secondly we will do another bronchoscopy and do biopsies of what is inside the lung still, that is looking bad on the CT scans. He is almost 100% sure that this is still the cancer that it was a few months ago before we started chemo.
At this point, with the chemotherapy that Rusty has already undergone just proves that it is late relapse of the testicular cancer.
Apparently there is early relapse (in the first 2 years after initial testicular cancer) and late relapse (after the first 2 years) Early relapse is generally easier to cure and can be done with heavy doses of chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant.
It is apparent that Rusty has late relapse cancer which is not really curable with chemotherapy. The only option that this doctor has really will be to either remove the whole lung (IF the lung surgeon thinks it can be done and thinks he can remove ALL of the cancer inside the lung) or if that is not possible, will be simply to keep the cancer as small as we can with short doses of chemo the next few years which will only buy him a few more years at life.
The bottom line is this is not good news at all. Removing the lung or most of the lung will give him possibly 5-10 more years it sounds like (maybe more-they can't put a number on it) but this doctor also said he will probably need abdominal surgery to remove the lump leftover from the last surgery that was left in and has grown in size somewhat here recently. IF we are not able to remove this lung or most of the lung then we will simply just do short rounds of chemo to try to keep the cancer from spreading much further for as long as we can, until it is not possible any longer.

This doctor trained at one of tthe top research facilities for testicular cancer in the country that actually had come up with the cure for testicular cancer and has seen the most cases of testicular cancer and relapses. HE has seen more cases of the relapses and knows Rusty's odds are not good at all right now. For him to relapse at this far out is not good.
It is a slower growing cancer, and is harder to kill, next to impossible. Chemo and bone marrow transplants will really not kill it at all.
The Doctors name at U of I is Dr Vaena thru the Cancer Center there. He wants to make sure he has all the other options considered before we do make further plans. But I dont think we will be doing any more chemotherapy at this point.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Geeze!!! Not good news! :( We'll add you to our prayers.. Let us know how you're doing. We're here for you if you need someone to talk to...

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was a nice 68 F on the way in this morning. High today will be 87 F with the possibility of thunder storms this evening.

No modeling last night. I was at my son’s football practice. Since this is the beginning I like to be there the full practice since the coaches may give us information. Also I like to see how he is doing at first.

Now I am off to a big whine session at work aka a status meeting. Now I get to listen to people make excuses as to why they can’t meet the deadlines that previously set in the last status meeting.

RI Rocket we will keep you in our prayers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.