Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Buckeye, I am sure that was our church. For as many years as I have been here, the church has had over 3000 members. I am not sure what the idea of "small church" is, but I guess we started out that way. It was certainly a small budget.

I have a couple of cases today. Supposed to get into the mid 70s, but in the OR it will remain a constant 52 degrees. And to think, All I get to wear are these thin pajamas! Anyway, doing some wiring...on the doll house! That is the plan for tonight. I am not sure whether I will be doing layout, dollhouse, or both this weekend.

Hope everyone has a blessed day. Oh, and yes, Jon's layout should be in a magazine. His wife has done a great job, with a little help from Jon on scenery. That would be a true family layout!
God Bless,
dennis

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

Baseball weather? Yeah right! I froze my rear end off last night at the kids’ practices. The thermometer said 47 F but I think it was playing a cruel joke on us. It is 45 F this morning and it feels warmer than it did at the ball fields last night. Today’s high is supposed to be 60 F.

I continued entering rolling stock inventory into the computer. I finished gondolas last night. Not sure if I’ll do any tonight. We have Cub Scout Pack Meeting tonight. Also we have to pick up my daughter’s travel league uniform since she has a tournament this weekend.

Speaking of the Wii, like Brutus my wife walked into a Gamestop as they received a shipment back in November. My son wanted one for Christmas so this worked out well. We had been looking for one since September and figured we would just have to get lucky. I like the graphics and how easy it was to set-up. My son does not like shot’em up games. He is into building games like Thrillville Off the Rails which is a roller coaster building game. He has a couple of games where he can destroy a city such as Rampage or War of the Monsters but they are for PS2. One game he does like and I actually find humorous is Destroy All Humans since it parodies the old alien invasion movies of the sixties. The other day he was playing Super Mario Party 8 and Bowling with his 74 year old grandfather.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD MORNING
You forgot one of the other oldies COMMADORE 64, my youngest son just had to have one for school work. Yea right,convinced his mother though.

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Morning!

Great Photo Jeffrey!

Warm and sunny today! Woohoo! A good day to shoo the kids out to play in the ice and mud!

No plans today yet...

Kurt

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. What a 24 hrs. I want to go jump in Roy's pool. (It sure would be nice to have a pool in Chicago in say, the month of August. Not the rest of the year. But I digress.) As soon as I left work yesterday, my daughter left me a voicemail from France saying her ATM card I had laboriously arranged wasn't working. That precipated a very long phone call to customer service, and my having to get off my train home to visit a branch right before closing time to hopefully set it up to work today. I did have a fleeting thought that this would be a good thing considering how swiftly she's going through the money in this little account. Then, I got to work today and nothings working: no email, voicemail or anything else. So it is nice and quiet - I found a back-door into our enterprise mgt system so our people can work. I guess it's some hardware failure I don't have to worry about. Now I have to call to see about the van - LOL.

Marcie, hope your boss has a better day today. Kurt, tell me more about that Model Builder book - your post made me go out and find a copy of the magazine. Interesting stuff. Dennis, I heard your church profiled on Moody radio too.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Nice here at 46 this morn going up to 56?
Ran my MTHs last nite the NYC Dreyfuss and Niagara. Ran great no problems. OR PILE UPs. Good SMOKE, DON B. That might clear up your coughing, some good toy train SMOKE?
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:shock::shock::shock: Had a rude awakning this morning as tornado sirens went off, my first thought was its was wendsday noon but it was after nine and the sky outside looked clear to mewall1 they test off scheduale from time to time but I must of missed the anoucementsign1

being that I was now awake I read some of Scott Adams book "Stick to drawing comics monkey brain or cartoonist ignores helpful advice" a very funny book:thumb:

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Doug: Lionel's Model Builder Published by Kalmbach Books Copywrite 1998.
First 13-pages is magazine/editor hstory. Next 24 pages is layout photos, plans, instruction on how to layout sidings, grades, and how to ballast track. Pages 38-65 deal with scratch built cars, and structures out of wood and paper, with some really interesting locomotive conversions. Pages 66-81 deal with more layouts and photos, and the final 10 pages are articles and photos of inside the Lionel plant.

Hope this helps. Sent you e-mail on where to purchase.

Kurt

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Doug, Thanks for the thoughts. I heard the Pod Cast from an email the web master for Fireproof sent out. I remember when those folks were out at the set. They had a few days where they were all asking interviews and sitting in on prayer circles, etc. Was neat to meet some of them. Bubba Cathy from Chik-Fil-A is a class act. While he was not asking interviews, he was there to support the effort.

Hope y'all have a great day,
Dennis

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey Guys,SPRING IS SPRUNG....Got to74 here in TN today,think we are going to miss spring and go right to summmer.
Great railfanning weather.
Yall have fun now
Tony

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Evening all,

Haven't had time to read all the posts since my last one. One quick comment, Trains magazine has a nice article in it this month on the Strasburg Railroad being in it's 50th year. It also answers the question that was asked on this forum about why one of the engines is painted in CN paint scheme. Here is a link to the preview page.

TRAINS Magazine - Railroad News, Web Cam, Railroading Video - May 2008

Been a real busy week here so far, spent the day at the museum today, so a lot to catch up on tonight. Did get to run trains with 2 of the granddaughters last evening. :thumb:

Doug, Hope you get them straighten out. Makes you wonder about the banking system. wall1

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Another cool day here but at least the sun was out. Got the winter plowing bill taken care (I'll explain that to you suthern folks someday) and got a truck load of crushed asphalt ordered, that stuff is the best. No trains or photography today, hopefully before I take off tomorrow AM.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good evening all. Trying to get things tied up before heading to bed. Got to see a friend off at the airport, made it just in time before his boarding to the mid east. Plan on taking the day off tomorrow and bringing the family to an amusement park (with water park too as it will be in the high 70s here). :thumb: I hope that things will settle down on the other place. I have started to post back there too as I hate to give a "victory" to a fool by letting him think he has run me off. I must say that this crowd is much more cordial and I am here to stay.

May you all have a great night.
God Bless,
Dennis

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Well, finally swung by here to say howdy - How-dee! That's Miss-oo-rah talk for Hi, Y'all!

Rained Tigers and Wolves here with big Lightening! Jeffrey, you need to start including St. Louis in your weather forecasts? BTW - Nice pic (as usual)!

Kurt and CSX -- sound like good books to me!

Dennis, you know, a picture is worth 1000 words? I'd love to see some pics of your house you are building.

Well, wife is figuring out Summer classes for the kids, so gotta go - love to read all your posts and esp hope NO Pile-ups for all! Keep 'em rolling!

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Long day today. Finally got the mechanical seal off the pool booster pump shaft. Can take the motor into the motor repair shop tomorrow. They charge about $60 - $75 for repair/overhaul (new bearings, seal, true the armature, scale and repaint) vs >$200 for a new motor. Plus thay can also replace all the "wet" side seals and gaskets.

Hope everyone has a great start to their day tomorrow.

Windy as all getout here - gets boring after a while. Two solid days of heavy wind and more for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.