Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Ozzy will pray for you and a recovery, mom had lost a kidney to cancer a few years back but seems alright so far.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening everyone, Just checking in to let you know I am still around.

Marcie, that looks like an interesting track plan, nothing wrong with N scale. Just to small for me at my age. I used to be in HO & did a lot of craftsman rolling stock kits, but couldn't handle it now.

Welcome home Chief, sounds like the sales were not the greatest.

Ozzy, hang in there. You will be in my prayers.

Hope everyone has a good week.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good Evening. Long day after a long weekend. I heard the site was down for awhile. Glad it is back up. Hope everyone is doing well. Bride is still feeling ill. Not sure what it is, but seems to be hanging on. Got home with the family after eating out. Finished kids homework and now it is time to read and head to bed.
God Bless,
Dennis

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Welcome Back "Z"
We had a beautiful spring day lower 70s, lots of sun. no trains today mowed the lawn and just enjoyed being outside.
Ozzy- I've been thinking of you, you have been missed.
Everyone have a great Tomorrow,,,S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Ditto, Ozzy - prayers for you to get well soon. Thanks for posting and keeping us informed, was worried about you too.

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Ozzy nice to hear from you again. I will also be praying for you to be tough and pull your way through this. Hang in there bud.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
well im out the door soon back to chemo today, all tho i never really left, got to drag this back pack and pump all around the house. but atleat i get to sleep in my own bed.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 52 F as I headed out on the highway in the van with new brakes. High today will be 76 F.

I had the van in the shop yesterday for new brakes, so the modeling budget took a hit. My FIL came home Sunday and since the van needed work I thought it was a good day to be at home.

Speaking of my FIL he seems to be much better. He does not remember anything that happened Tuesday the day before, and Wednesday the day the stroke happened. He remembers waking up in the hospital Thursday morning and could not figure out why they kept asking him his name. He could not remember it on Wednesday. The only problem with his coming home is how it happened. We spoke with the doctor on Friday and she said he would not be coming home until Monday of Tuesday. Since we had this knowledge we went with my son’s Cub Scout Pack on Saturday. When we got home there was a message on the answering machine to pick up my FIL at 1:30 PM. The message was left at 12:45. When my wife called back she found that a different doctor discharged him. My wife asked to speak to the doctor and was told he would call. It took three calls from the hospital social worker to get him to call my wife. When we finally spoke with him he was ignorant and rude. He could not tell us anything useful. He accused my FIL of not losing weight (He has lost 60 pounds over the last three years), of not watching what he eats, and host of other things. Basically he said that my FIL has diabetes and had the stroke because he is fat. No mention of his family history of diabetes (three generations) or heart disease. Now this is the same doctor who also nearly killed my FIL three years ago when he misdiagnosed my FIL having pneumonia. Three days after seeing this so-called doctor my FIL was in a coma. Also he told us that he had new medications to take. When we checked with the hospital we found that there were no prescriptions written for these meds for my FIL to take home. So after working with the hospital social worker we decided to bring him home on Sunday so as to give her time to track down everything he should have when he left the hospital.

As I said earlier we took my son’s Cub Scout Pack to the local zoo on Saturday. The boys had raised money during the year to adopt the Bald Eagle and on Saturday they got a talk with the keeper along with a visiting the zoo.

I did get to run some trains yesterday and tidy up the layout a little bit.

Ozzy good luck to you. We are pulling for you.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 60 degrees and cloudy on it's way to 78 and partly cloudy. There's also a good chance of some thunderstorms coming in.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/6/2008

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 58°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SE

Today High: 80 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

P1010003-52.jpg

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Sunny here - late night tonight with class and then readying for my rare biz trip to Carefree, Arizona tomorrow. Ozzy, praying for you. Kurt, LOL, when he said that, I nearly keeled over - I'm referring to a story about my youngest on my bride's blog.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
quick stop by. Ozzy, sorry you are having to go through this. Hope this takes care of everything. remember, each day is a gift. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
dennis

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Ozzy...Keep your spirits up and all should go well...Mind over matter is not just a saying...We'll be pulling for you..!!!
Tom....That's a bummer with your FIL....That Doc should have his license revoked.
Everyone else...Keep them trains running AND...NO PILE-UPS...!!!

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
well im home from a long day of chemo, got blood tests back today. looks like they are going the wrong way, but only had 1 week of chemo when test was done. doc is hoping that its just not kicked in yet. im in my 2nd round now.

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Evening!

Been working on the layout, so I don't spend a lot of time online for now...trying to get finished.

Doug: Safe travels!

Ozzy: Still praying for your cure.

Tom: Still praying for your FiL. Whatta mess. Glad he's home!

Kurt

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING ALL
This has been a no news day. The local train store is expecting some MTH items but I do not know whats coming. The weather was nice today about 74, one more day and then back to the 60s. Everyone enjoy their tomorrow,,,,,S.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.