Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Wireless server was down at Holiday Inn. No one could get on the net this AM. Taking a break from the store. Overflow parking but no one spending. Sad. Marice, great job. Jeffrey, prayers your way. Break over so back to the store. Later

cnw1995

Evening all. Prays for you and your family, Jeffrey. Nice work, Marcie, I started in N scale. Cleaning the basement up whilst the trains run. Roy, the daughter was dumped by her date too but hung out with her friends - I think she still had a good time. The date better not come 'round here no more...train97

sir james

EVENING ALL
I spent some time with the trains this morning, then went to a birthday party for the two oldest gr/sons 13 & 16, Both sides of their family was there and quite noisy, guess I'm getting old as the noise bothered me.Any way the trains ran good and my belly is full so I'll settle for that. S.J.

Jeffrey - I am so sorry for your loss, prayers for you & your family. Railbox looks great.

Thank you to everyone for your comments & encouragement.

RT & Brutus - I will have a very small bedroom to build in & I have to fit in my workbench & file cabinet too. I don't know how I would fit O scale. I am barely fitting 24" curves & I thought O was twice the size of HO.

MadHatter - This is how my work space looked while I was working.

I didn't know ho had 24" curves or is that 24" radius 48 inch curves O has curves s tight as 27" total with so I can get 2 loops on a 4x8 easy. the trains are bigger not all the track as in curves . ho is acually more to scale in the manor of track than most home layouts are in O but we do have some 84" and wider even

CSXect

:wave:Hello and good night everyone

steped on scales this morning and it read 261 pounds that would make me 3 pounds away from my goal:cool:

Job situation still the same:nope: hopeing to hit lottery would not fix everything but would help alotsign1

Chief Eagles

CSXect, great news. Keep it up.
RT, all boxed up and ready to ship as soon as I get an address.

Good night all. Sleep tight.

Brutus

Congratulations, CSX - hang tough man! Good luck on the lottery thing.

Hey RT - how did that house hunt go?

Marcie, O gauge is (sort of) diameter versus radius with HO. So 18 inch radius turns in HO are like 36 inches in diameter for a full circle. O gauge has two traditional track diameters of 27 inches and 31 inches, although I'm pretty sure that the 31 inch is measured from the middle rail to the middle rail. So, regular O gauge with 31 inch diameter will fit the same space as HO and run most of the engines, though some of the real scale "high rail" locomotives are O-54 or even O-72 diameter minimums. Just FYI.

dwiemer

Good Morning everyone!
Got called in by a nurse for a patient we will be working on in a couple of hours. Simple issue, but some folks are just to simple to figure things out. wall1Oh well, it gets me on a early start. Going to get things ready and then take it easy till the rest of the team shows up. To think, I actually had planned on playing with the trains this weekend.:cry: Well, it looks like I am going to miss church today as well. I was supposed to be on camera duty...perhaps I will make it tonight, if I am not fast asleep as I have another case tomorrow morning too.
Well, I do hope that everyone has a great week ahead. CSX, keep up the good work. RT, good luck in finding a house.....you are in the driver's seat as it is a buyer's market right now.
God Bless,
dennis

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Great Stuff CSX!! I know how hard that weight loss thing is :D :D

RT Best of luck!! Don't get in over your head!!!

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's clear and 55 degrees but is due to become partly cloudy later while the temp soars to 81.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/4/2008

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 49°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NE

Today High: 82 Sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

P1010003-51.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Getting ready for breakfast. Hotel room coffee to get going. Then downstairs to breakfast buffet. :thumb: Plenty of hot grits [no cream of wheat or oatmeal here :p] Will hit the road home right after noon. Have a great day and God bless.

cnw1995

Sounds tasty, Chief. Jeffrey's photo today looks like our skies yesterday. Beautiful sunny but cool this morning. Off to church then to read the paper, do the cross-word, sabbath around. Have a troublesome corner where two of the main lines are too close when I'm running James with the Express - he inevitably sideswipes poor Percy which is what happened agin last eve. And of course it is a far-away corner. Have to puzzle out how to redo it

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Sorry I didn't post in a while, been busy at school making pic a nic tables and stuff for the prom, moving principal down to E-TOWN, next to JELECTRIC. He got moved in on friday, I spent all day from 7 til 430 moving him and had to do all the backwards walking and going up the steps backwards, I hate that but I'm the young guy at 51 so its expected.
JEFFERY, sorry for your loss.
MARCIE, layout coming in good. Keep up the good work.
B GOOD or B GONE.
laz57

kpolak

Evening!
Marcie: Looks great! A little too tidy, but the layout looks like a lot of fun!

CSXect: Great news! What will you do when you reach your goal???

Jeffrey: You're still in my prayers. I love those rail box cars! Great Job!

Doug: A giant Whaaa???? I'm dying here! :rofl:

More soldering and wiring here...I bought the 63/37 solder this time...contains lead, but it sure is a pleasure to work with.

Remember Mother's Day is 7-days away...You've been warned.

Kurt

sir james

GOOD EVENING ALL
We had a quiet sunday, and after a noisy saturday it was a pleasure. Temp went to 63 today, 70s tomorrow so I will cut the grass unless my train buddy calls and I will just have to go toy train looking. Looking because I have nothing on my want list. Of course we all know that doesn't mean anything when your looking at trains. Have a good monday and play nice with the other kids,,,,,S.J. :mrgreen:

Chief as soon as I know for sure will let you know and give you a good ship date

n Gauger not trying to get in over my head the house I'm looking at will only be about 1/3 of my monthly income and then I add $200. for truck payment. and I should be okay with rest of my bills. I also plan to get a part time job near by say for about 20 hours a week to supplment my income just incase .

All is looking good just need to get the paperwork for the loan ( its comming fedex should be here tomorrow.)

ozzy

hi guys, i been gone for awhile, have a lot going on, some of you may remember that i had a surgery in JAN to remove a tumor from my lung, well it ended up that i needed chemo after, so i been dealing with that. im hooked up to an IV 24 hours a day for 5 and a 1/2 days, then get 2 weeks off from chemo now tomorrow i go back for another week of chemo then get 2 more weeks off again. i just get to feeling great/normal then have to start all over. it sucks. anyway, i thought i would check in with you guys.

CSXect

Evening!
Marcie: Looks great! A little too tidy, but the layout looks like a lot of fun!

CSXect: Great news! What will you do when you reach your goal???

More soldering and wiring here...I bought the 63/37 solder this time...contains lead, but it sure is a pleasure to work with.

Remember Mother's Day is 7-days away...You've been warned.

Kurt
I find that cleaning up as you go saves the amount of time cleaning up at the end of a project.

Kpolak: when I reach my goal the next step retraining my brain to eat less then before and better choices as well. I have new found energy to do things I was too tired to do. More train enjoyment as knees and legs and feet hurt much less now.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.