Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Sweating. Temp down to 100.5. Switching meds. Actually feel better since I have switched. Cloudy and storms. Can't type as fingers hit three keys at the same time and meds have head jumbled up. Did drive to pond and back [very carefully]. Wish I felt likt trains. No way. Hope all are doing OK. Iowa and South Dakota must be "twins" as I hear they are getting a nice snow too. Going to watch TV and snooze. God bless.

CSXect

:wave:Good evening.

Sorted out some stuff for an upcoming yard sale, mostly clothes that are too big now and some never been worn before:mrgreen: also have some misc. old toys(70's and 80's)stuff and some unused aquriam supplies and 11 hardback books mostly Sci-Fi(discards).

Times are getting bad one house for sale and 2 for rent on our street:cry: due to economy and foreclosers.wall1

sir james

EVENING,
The birthday party went well,spotty rain all day so everything was indoors. We are getting real rain now but I don't know how long. That was most of our day,nice to see everyone all at once although we did the same thing last tuesday nite. No trains today but nice inspite of the weather. Beats snow anytime. nitey nite,,,,S.J.

jefelectric

Evening all,

Spent a couple of hours cleaning the basement this morning, until the weather settled down. Turned out to be a pretty nice day so did some work on the pond and fountain while grandson mowed the grass for the first time.
Dennis, As I understand it, Atlas will have some autos to show but they will not be available for purchase yet. BTW, Atlas does not sell items at York, there are dealers that sell Atlas items.

dwiemer

Well, I'll try this again. We interviewed a nanny for the kids this summer. She is a student who is trying to get into foreign missions and has plenty of experience with small children. Looks like that is taken care of.

We then tried out a new restaurant. Has Blues and Barbeque. The ribs were very good, as was the brunswick stew. The gator tail was not so good. The music was very good, so between the mostly good food and music, we will return.

I am tired, so I will be heading to bed. I am on Lights for church and I need to get my reading in, so early rise too. Hope everyone has a blessed week ahead.
Dennis

Brutus

Well, I finally got here and everyone is hitting the hay already?! Ordered a TPC400 and cable along with some track. I don't know whether to pursue a TMCC engine on ebay or just wait and get something new coming out in the future. Was talking to Sir James about this and I think Lionel should put out one of their Docksiders (0-6-0 for the non-o gaugers here) with coilcouplers and tmcc for like $200, this would be a GIANT seller for them!

Well, planning to get some drywall installed tomorrow in the basement, just like 4 or 6 sheets probably, because (1) that's all I have on hand, (2) I need to cut for outlets and stuff, and (3) wife wants to do a family movie time tomorrow.

Dennis, sounds like some great chow! Did they have peanut butter pie?

John, it was too cold here and spitting rain all day. We even had a few snowflakes this morning!

CSX - give the books to the li-bary and get a tax deduction?

Sir James, I'm going to use the StarGate to Jump back about an hour and land in your front yard, so by the time you read this, we already had a nice icecream cone and some train time I'll bet! Hope I don't materialize in a rock or tree again, that is always so embarrasing!

TTFN

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Doing better and meds seem to work [changed them]. Just can't type worth a hoot. In the dog house. Mrs. Chief has it now. :eek::curse::cry: Don B, could not find your thread "Take your Trains to school". Have I got examples of school boards [all PHD's and Lawyers] are dumb A--es. No common sence. Just made national news [I leaked the story]. Wake Co Schools stopped the East Wake High School FFA Hunter Safety shooting team from go to their tournament. An Ass't Super said it was because there was too much school violence lately. Well, this is opposite of State Education policy. Frankie got suspended from High School one time because he had his remote for his car's door locks in his pocket. It was an add-on and was separate from keys. They said it violated their no pager/cell phone policy. That was when Dad crawled down their throats. There were several other things that happended. Now you know why they catch it with me every chance I get. Remember, don't mess with Mother Nature and the Chief. bounce7

Sleep tight all. God bless.

dbaker48

Actually it was deleted. No surprise. I got a little annoyed with the cop out, "get involved", Brutus was right on! So I responded that I was on the Board of Education for 2 1/2 yrs. (Resp. for facilities and maintenance). Anyway just emphasized the common issues.

Wasn't even unkind. Essentially a couple of young teachers, thinking they deserve a lot of special status because they follow blind idiotic policies, and call themselves teachers. (Protected by union, can only read from a preparred lesson plank, no inovation, on. and on. on......

kpolak

Morning!

Chief: Glad you're feeling better! Sorry to hear you've infected the misses. If she's sick it means you're not that sick..nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Brutus: I'd buy one of those! Probably why they discontinued the upgrade.

Out for kids bedroom furniture and Korean food...MMmmmm kimchee.
Man did they load us up with the food. Boiled egg dish with green onion, and a steamed Makeral with potatoes, in addition to the usual 7-types of kimchee with the Bulgoki (Korean BarBque). BarBque is beef marinated in soy and garlic, and brown sugar, usually cooked over a tabletop grill in front of you.

Kurt

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 50 degrees and sunny here this morning with a high of 68 expected.

Chief: Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/13/2008

Wind Chill: 47°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 42°F

So Far Today
High: 50°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNW

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010004-38.jpg

CSXect

Good morning. No newspaper on porch yet:curse:

Brutus I bought the books cheap from the library over the years, I had the personality flaw of keeping a book or copy there of if I read it more than a few times, the books were untouched for the last few years so I am going to unload them one way or another, If I can not sell them then they will be donated to the free store(ran by a local Methodist Church) their motto freely recieved and freely given. :cool:

Cold and rainy here no layout work todaywall1

sir james

GOOD MORNING ALL
We are getting some very wet snow flakes, won't stick as temp is 34 and going to the 40s today. the average is around 57.
Today is the last TTOS show until fall so I am going and hope this show continues but a new person has taken over as the past orginizer had to step down for other matters and the last few shows there were lots of empty tables which will affect attendance if not corrected. So not a great loss but its something to do for an hour or so one sunday a month. And over the years I have found little treasures, so one never knows. S.J.

CSXect check under the porch I might have missed when I threw it back after I read it this morning. sorry

Morning all not to much happening getting ready for work.

Talk to you all later

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Feeling better. Wife is still sick but not as bad as I was. Funny how computer experts are not always experts. Renewed anti-virus for laptop. It sent download to desktop. Called the company [who knows where] and explained. They sent me a download. Downloaded but did not change the expriation date. Well, they emailed a removal tool and patch to fix. I found a section where you could change certificate number. There was a different certificate number for the renewal. So, I loaded the new certificate, followed the prompts and it worked. Did not have to go through all their garbage. Sun is out. Suppose to turn cooler by night. Have a good day.

Brutus

Chief, I had so many problems with Norton the last time that after about 15 years I dumped them. What a mess.

RT, I found it under the porch and I think my kids are still reading the funnies - I'll get it back soon, CSX, former-den leader promise!

I let the camelback go since it was nearly $300 when I went to bed this morning. My wife and I were up late watching some episodes of Banacek. I liked that show, but watching them one after the other makes it pretty clear that they are basically all the same story. Somebody replaces or disguises something, B finds it. George Peppard was great in this show, though.

Thanks, Don - I think your other thread was killed as OT? Maybe it was SELECTORed. :cry:

Kurt - I hope you are right! Now, if they will just release a redo of that Transylvania DS with TMCC, that would be great!

Nice picture, Jeffrey -- looks like morning to me! Wake those babies up!

CSXect

Found newspaper all is right with the world againsign1 untill I read the news stories :nope:

Cold but dry can move some more junk from mom's house to mine(mostly train stuff(spikes, pics and misc. odds and ends):mrgreen:

Found a barf bag from the Algoma Central(unused) with a patch and set of decals for the AC.:shock:

Bench work on hold till next warm up.

Anyone heard about a router/hub bridge that is not wireless or cable connected but instead uses the house wiring to transmit data in places where the old coax and the wireless stuff is not practicle??? will post the title of book I saw it in later just want to know if anyone has experience with that kind of setup.:confused:

Brutus

CSX - I heard about that kind of hook up several years ago, but I doubt that they really caught on in the business market, which is what drives this stuff for us average home consumers. There would be too much of a security risk using a wired network like that in any kind of shared building. Just my two cents - I don't really know if they are still available or not.

Wife changed plans again, so I ended up just hanging out with my son for a while this afternoon. Thought I would go tidy up a little in the basement and then run my trains. Got down in the basement and what is that dripping sound? I haven't been downstairs in a month. Well, short version: Kitchen faucet is leaking either at the supply line or the seal? We've been thinking about replacing it anyway. So, waiting for my wife to get back home, go out and get some food, and then run by Lowes or HD and pick up a new faucet, shutoffs, some 1/2 inch connectors, flexible supply lines, etc. I also need one of those sink wrenches, I guess. Oh joy! My least favorite thing is plumbing.

I did run trains though - no Pileups on either loop! BFOC running good. MTH 4-6-0 needed a nudge to start, I think it was on a dirty spot or something and not making good electrical contact with the track? Ran great after that. Can't wait for my tpc to show up.

Old pic of current (temp) layout:

100_2682.jpg

CSXect

Brutus, thanks for the input on the IT stuff, when I first read about it in a book called CNET home networking projects I thought it was a neat idea but not practical.:thumb:

Took two loads of train stuff over to my home, then it started to rain a little bit:nope:

last stuff to be moved is most of my other collection(computers and associated junk)

Brutus that is a cool temporay setup mine is still on floor:mrgreen:

well gotta get back to spring cleaning:whip1: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.