Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Wow, reclinerized too long. Did catch the last of 11 PM weather with a threat of what???? Suppose to be warm and sunny for a few days and then might drop below freezing!!!! What, it is past frost time for this part of NC. Did that last year and killed all the peaches in NC. Big crop loss. My peach tree has little peaches forming and apple tree is in full bloom. Better not. Well, just might hold off on planting squash, cucumbers and tomatoes in garden until next week. Off to the real bed. Later.

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Chief... I have one better...weather for tonight 1-3" of SNOW!!! 2nd snowy winter on record here!!!

Ohh but it is suppose to be 70 over the weekend...

(Mrs) typeing as I am complaining louder because my plants are freeeezzzing here!! UGG

Night from Us both :)

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Morning!

CSXect: Great Job!

Up most of night...1-yo was up about 1:30am...I couldn't get back to sleep...back to sleep at 4:00am...storm were south of us,but dog was going crazy...Did manage to invest in an Atlas GP-15 with TMCC.

Finally raked yard, took most of the day...not sore today! Hopefully some train time today!

No dessert here...Just Guiness extra stout. I guess that counts. Maybe Sir James has some leftovers from the Harum Party!

Kurt

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's a pleasant 69 degrees here this morning under a cloudy sky with 82 expected as a high along with a fair probability of thunderstorms. Glad I got the grass mowed when I did.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/9/2008

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 15mph SSE

Today High: 85
Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 68
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010013-7.jpg

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good morning
Temp is 61 this AM. Kurt we had a quick downpour but no storm here. I have a medical test at 1130, can't have caffene, miss my morning coffee a LOT. But it doesn't bother meeeeeeeeeeeee. Enjoy your day,,,S.J.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 43 F as I hobbled to work this morning. High will be 59 F. The foot with the bone spur has not been kind to me the last few days. While the severity and intensity of the pain has gone down, I now have a constant ache. I am not sure which is worse; the ache or the short burst of intense pain. Amputation with a plastic butter is beginning to sound more and more viable. I can’t wait unit Monday when I can finally see the Foot and Ankle doctor.

No modeling last night. We had Cub Scout Roundtable. Tonight does not look good either with flute lesson and Cub Scout den meetings.

I hope everybody has a good day.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Grey and cold here though supposed to get into the fifties through the end of the week - then snow (!). Hope they're wrong. My turn to host our virtual gathering tonight - everyone welcome - how about large chocolate chip cookies and an assortment of ice-cold beers?

David, I appreciate your insights on the Type 20. I wonder what its story is. I love learning about British railways of all eras.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good morning, been real busy. Already onto 7th case. I had one of the Ortho guys check my thumb. If it is not better in the next few days, may have him work on it. Don't want that as it would put me out of commission. Weather wise, it is supposed to head to low 80s today and by Friday, it should hit about 87. I guess all you Ohio guys have been holding back the cold for us...thanks.
I may take up an offer for a dreyfus hudson with 4 passenger cars. I will see if we can float that by SWMBO. Anyway, I hope everyone has a blessed day.
dennis

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave:Good morning, It is kinda gloomy and looks like it could rainwall1

Heard from my boss they got some work in but could only bring a couple of people back but it is a move in the right direction:rolleyes: there are 8 of us and I am next to the last hired:shock:

I have my resume up to date just in case:mrgreen:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
PASSED this 68 year old heart passed the stress test, normal size, strong muscle,no leaks,no blockage found.
Thanks to all for your support.:thumb:

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Sir James, great report! You must be doing something right. I have nothing planned for tonight. If they leave me alone, I will spend some precious time with the family and then get to bed early. Don't dare go to church or any other plans when I am on call, that is asking for trouble.
Hope you are all having a great day.
Dennis

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Nice looking workmanship there CSXect.

Sr James
, Great report, it must be a the banilla that you eat. :mrgreen:

TomPM, Hope the doc can help you on Monday.

Doug, I never tried that combo before, but I'll try anything once. :thumb:

Jeffrey
, You better chain the Cat down on that flat car or we will be seeing anther train wreck picture. :eek:

I picked up a new Gulf tank car today at Cool Trains. Orange and Chrome. :cool:

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Nice looking workmanship there CSXect.

I hope I made all my mistakes on the first one found that some of boards where warped and twisted, needed to shim a couple of places on legs to keep them as square as possible but all in all not too shaby for being engineered as I went along tools used 1" hole bit??? to countersink bolt head and washer 3/8" bit for shaft of 3/8" x 5" bolt, GMC circular saw, 2 Skill corded drills, a metal yardstick, a cheap square with level on it and a ratchet and socket set.
The wood is all recycled from old walls in basement:mrgreen::thumb: Hope to take what I learned on first attempt to improve on the other three tables:rolleyes:sign1 but it was fun :woot1:

John I have the model builder software that lets you design buildings and print them out. I did a Masonic temple/Shriner building will post sometime this week.:wave::wave::wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.