Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laz57

CHIEF, HAPPY ANIVERSIRY!!!! Wish you the best. In commemoration ran trains for 1.5 hrs with NO PILE UPs. WOO HOO!! Great nite, before running trains watched BLADES o GLORY, stupid very stupid. But laughed.

Go nite and HAPPY EASTER.
MY DOG JANE DA EASTER LAB.....
47b5dd04b3127cce90b1ad7aac8500000036108AaNnLlm2bN1

laz57

John Baker

0600GMT here in a snowy Stockport, about 60mm of the white stuff,
-5C. Apparently we are more likely to get it at Easter than Xmas. Mind you when the church(es) can't make their/it's mind(s) up about an anniversary, it's hardly surprising that the weather is cranky! Any way, have a good one people.
#5 of this thread eh! seems like only a couple of weeks since #4 started, like me, ERNI is getting confused.
CTT. arrived Friday, all those great layouts made me quite envious.
Going to see the Vet Thursday, after my annual check-up showed high sugar in my urine, looks like I may have type II Diabetes, I had been overdoing the Chocolate and sweeties a little. Have taken steps to control my intake of the naughties, hope I don't have to restrict the Dr Robinsons too much though.
Happy anniversary Chief. How many years does it feel really ?
Sorry to note so many of you are feeling a bit off colour. Hope you all make a rapid recovery.
I feel a bit of a fraud, having had to put Lionel aside. I do enjoy reading the posts on the two threads (we know the other one, don't we?), and making the odd contribution keeps my typing up to scratch.
Question, any of you guys heard of Garrison Kieler? I'm listening to him right now.
You all have a good one.

dbaker48

Happy Easter all!
Started to post earlier, but then remembered I wanted to see about a pcmcia card for the laptop. Thought I would get a serial port for downloading DCS 4.0. Found some rather cheap $8 or $9 and about the same for shipping. The only problem is it supposedly ships from Hong Kong, 1 piece??? Also require paypal, and I don't have an account and don't want to set one up. So will try other means. Maybe check out the adapter cables.

Thought I was feeling better, went out and mowed the lawn, that did me in, then took a 3 hr nap. Played with trains a while and watched Sound of Music with wife.

Can't believe Chief forgot their anniversary!! And then blames it on Carter !!!

And John, going to see the vet!! I knew a lot of people are not crazy about nationalized medicine, but resorting to a vets as opposed to MD's seems a little drastic.

Time to hit the hay! Happy Easter All !!!!

BTW I agree! A REALLY great bunch here !!!

kpolak

Happy Easter!

Happy Anniversary Chief!

Colored eggs again yesterday...this time rolled up eggs in yellow onion skins, and tied paper towel around eggs, and cooked as usual.

47b8dd02b3127cceb629077b315e00000026100AcNmzVs4cM2Og

Kurt

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 54 degrees here in west central Louisiana, expecting a high of 65 this afternoon when cloudy skies will give way to partly cloudy conditions.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/23/2008

Wind Chill: 50°F
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 31°F

So Far Today
High: 58°F
Low: 54°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 23mph NE

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect from 10 AM this morning to 5 pm cdt this afternoon.

Today High: 62
Partly sunny. Breezy and cooler. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph.

Tonight Low: 40 Mostly cloudy. Lows around 40. North winds around 10 mph diminishing late.

P1010009-14.jpg

Good Morning..............
Happy Easter to All........
It's a clear and sunny 25 degrees. Going up to 43 today, with some sunshine.
Today, we are staying home and enjoying the day. Nice dinner is planned. I may take the dog for a walk. Later, I will run trains and relax.
Dining car has arrived and it's time for breakfast.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

Happy Easter!!!
:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:​

It is a frosty morning with clear blue skies in beautiful Buckeyeland.

Miss Pam...... Thank you for all you do for this Nation by keeping the Chief under control. This Nation is indebted to you for your last 22 years of dedicated service. Without you, the whole country would be in turmoil and not just Roseyville, NC.​

:inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw: to You, Miss Pam.
Big Easter dinner planned with Baby Buckeye and her hubby.

cnw1995

John Baker, you are always welcome. Beautiful eggs, Kurt. The youngest was very surprised that the bunny 'found' him with his 'spiderman' themed basket. This bunny forgot to hide some plastic eggs - oh well, I'll do it magically after church. Have a great day everyone!

spankybird

OTTS Founder
easter7.gif

easter12.gif

Good Morning All from NE Ohio
Where the North Coast has Blue Clear Skies :mrgreen: :thumb:

Today the museum is closed so we can spend some time with family. Here is something we have been working on.

47b8dd03b3127cceb62e321d88eb00000037101AaNGjRm0Ysd

47b8dd03b3127cceb62e4aea091000000037101AaNGjRm0Ysd

47b8dd03b3127cceb62e4bcdc89f00000037101AaNGjRm0Ysd

tn_bunny001.gif

sir james

Happy Easter
A sunny but cold good morning. A fine bunch of friends,I could not get the Z yesterday,cable company problem not Zs fault. and everyone sneaks away. Nice try but I found you.
Caulk odor still lingers but less of course,I have a window near the basement step open some so the furnace will draw some outside air, but its starting to bother my nostrils.
Our little family is coming here for dinner today so a few hours from now old dad will wish he had a place to hide. Love them all,but waving good bye is ok too. Time is short so we need to enjoy them. No trains yestreday as we were preparing for the kids and I attached the alarm triggers to the new windows. SOOOOOOO everyone Happy Easter,,S.J.:thumb:

Off to early Church and Sunday School. Cooler and suppose to rain some tonight and tomorrow. God bless.

Finally, I've shamed you into going to Church and not sitting at home in the Lazy Boy recliner, unshaven and in your underwear and dirty socks smoking a big Cuban contraband stogie and watching some TV preacher shout at you to send him all your money. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now you have more money for trains. :mrgreen:

Brutus

Happy Easter! Have a Wonderful Son-Day!

Morning all! My son and I are going to my folks' house for a big lunch in a minute, so just stopped by to wish all a Blessed day! My daughter has strep, so she'll stay at home with my wife.

John B, Doug, Sir James, Kurt, Laz, NG, Tom, Chuck, Chief, Buckeye, Jeffrey, Don, Krawler, and everyone have a great day! I'll be back online tonight, I'll bet. TTFN

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good afternoon folks

It is bright and sunny with a temperature of 48 F on its way to 48 F. The kids have done the traditional egg hunt around the house. We just finished brunch and are just kicking back. I will have to start getting things going for dinner. Also my daughter has a bunny cake that she made last night to ice.

We had an interesting day yesterday. We drove out to Lancaster to visit a museum only to find it closed as in gone. So instead we hit the outlets at Rockvale. I saw how nice they redid the RR Museum of Pennsylvania and saw the Reading FP-7 locos sitting along side the road. No other railroading or modeling was done yesterday.

I hope everybody has a good day and a fine Easter.

Happy Easter from a blustery Dallas where the temp is about 56 and cloudy. Maybe some rain tonight.

Early services today. Daughter and her choir did a great job this morning.

Off to my wifes niece's house for Easter lunch!

Tom (Spankybird) - those photos of the museum layout are great. You guys are making some nice progress. I guess you need winter to last another 3 months so you guys can keep up the good work! Buckeye is also in favor of another 3 months of winter, but Chuck may have a different view!

Have a great day all!
Roy

dwiemer

Well, we had a great morning service for Easter Church. Was packed. I was not on schedule, but ended up taking camera duty. Hurts the back after awhile. Was so many people, they were bumping me as they were passing behind the camera. I suppose it was those dedicated people who show up Easter and Christmas.

We did the egg thing yesterday, so today will be for relaxing. I have been looking for some photos and movies of towns in the 40s to help with my scenery. Went to the website for the town I grew up on and they have just such a movie. Seems a movie star had visited in the 40s arriving by train and then was paraded up Main St. Pretty neat to see.

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter and week ahead.
God Bless,
Dennis

Brutus

Happy Easter Roy, Krawler, Dennis and Tom too. Just watched The Darjeeling Limited, some interesting train stuff in there, especially on the featurette - lots of hand painted and carved details. Very cool! TTFN

kpolak

Happy Easter all!

Early service, and cooked most of the day. Watched part of the F-1 race.

Off to dinner with friends, and some deciphering electrical switches for the crane. I think I've got it. 165C controllers running too high for me.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.