Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1995

Happiest of anniversaries to Sir James and his bride!!:thumb: No banilla tonight, I guess.

The daughter has landed safely at O'Hare - can't wait to show her her bills.
Drove into the city to see my brother. He and his bride announced they're going to have another baby. My bride spookily knew / guessed already.

Van still not working right; drank prodigiously at the gas pump. Hope to run trains tonight. Don inspired me to get the Koester book out again.

Brutus

Doug, I'll come pick you up and we'll go to Kurt's, I'll bet he has something, maybe Banilla! Nice pic, Jeffrey, is that just a different light placement or a filter?

sir james

Hi guys,
Come on over its the 49th year, not 49 months. Although now days,sadly there is a divorce by 49 months. On the other hand I am old but I still have some embers. :mrgreen: Banilla for everybody.
Thanks to all the well wishers, would not have mentioned it except at this point time slips away so quickly. I hope everyone has a pleasant sunday.
Oh she went thumbs down on the sliders. Had to pop for a steak I got a tuna fish sandwich.LOL S.J.

kpolak

Evening!

Stop on out guys! Bride will be in Europa all week. BYOTP (Tin Plate) We have Banilla, Mint Chocolate Chip, Strawberry Sorbet, and Sam's Sugar Cookies!

Don: Model Railroader's Realistic Model Train Operations was a good primer as well.

Doug: Sorry to hear about the van.

Ran trains with a great group at Motor City O-Gauge Railers (MC-OGR)! Ran an Atlas-O GP-35 with CAB-1 for the first time...pretty cool. The GP-35 is a really nice piece of machinery, and has great sound...very impressed. We ran for about 3-hours, and it was half time. Only a few minor pile-ups. Photos for Sunday!

Ran across some interesting reading while researching poling...'Notes on Track Construction and Maintenance 1904'. Really interesting, digitized, and free to download at Google Book Search.

Kurt

Chief Eagles

Good night all. Extra GRITS for the Yank Tarheel fan. :thumb:announce1 Sir J, condolances to the wife. :cry: 49 years of you. sign1 Brutus and Doug M, better get a snowmobile to get to Kurt. bounce7 Converted a K-Line NS switcher to TMCC. Works great especially with Legacy remote. Had to add some lead weight to make it smooth out some. Now to put the ERR Sound and Cruise Commander kit in the MPC GP9 I removed the TMCC kit. Ran trains. Off to bed. God bless.

hey all

Laz just saw your Bear on TV in a Lowe's commercial are you getting any kick back?
No to much happening today went to work just got home about hour ago. Just stopped in to say Hi

Brutus

Chief, I've still got about 300 pounds of sand bags in the back of my little truck, I'll make it fine! Another cool link, Kurt - thanks! RT - keep us posted on the job!

CSXect

:wave::wave::wave: Been a busy day today, first went to a yard sale at one of the churches I sometimes visit:mrgreen: did not buy much but seen some people I have not seen for awhile and of course they had a bake sale as well but I was good:mrgreen: then went shopping:shock: Two area Meijer stores are closeing and will open up in new locations found the holy grail of 1:64 cars a stock 57 chevy no hotrod paint jobs or hugh engines sticking out of the hood:thumb:

And to top it off had the Trans Am out running about:cool:

Yesterday I wrote a letter to Ford's executive chairman (William Clay Ford Jr.) and Ceo (Allen Mulaly) will be interesting to see if they even respond to the letters:rolleyes:

Brutus X-files was the best show around gotta love the lone gunmen(molders nerd friends) :cool:

Late evening all!

Doug - sorry to hear about the van esp after all the work you have had done on it recently. Hopefully it is something simple.

SJ - congrats!

Busy day today starting with soccer game at 8:30 am. Our team got the hoo-hah beat otta them today. They are starting to get pretty discouraged.

Asked he-who-is-14 if he wanted to go to a movie with me this afternoon and huge surprise he said OK. Went to see 10,000 BC. I thought it was pretty bad - he thought it was OK. My view is do not waste the money unless you have a teenager willing to go somewhere with you for the first time in ages
icon_smile_wink.gif
then its worth every penny.

Daughter has been in between BFs here lately. A guy she liked decided to go back to his old girlfriend. Daughter and this guy were just good friends and did stuff like going to Sonic, etc., but the old GF and my daughter do not get along due to past history. So she is kinda down.

Spent afternoon building frames to support a large tarp to cover the modular layout at the Thomas event since they shut down at 7 pm Sun night and restart next Friday.

One of our members posted some photos of the modular layout setup over on Sunday Photo Fun at that other magazine. Ya gotta scroll waaaay down to see them.

http://ogaugerr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/57660482/m/3491096564

Hope eveyones weekend is going well!

dbaker48

Evening all ! Had a good day! Resolved the problem that was occuring with our club. The issue was that DCS would not operated at certain portions of the layout. We have 4 TIU's on the layout, nos. 2, 3, 4, 5. The problem was that 3 could not be found when setting up through the controller. As it turned out, #3, was coming up as # 2, so we had 2 #2's, and no # 3. With 2 2's that was the problem. (Kinda like 2 2, choo, choo). So deleted and readed the #2, #3 TIU's and everything worked great !!!! Problem resolved.
Now as far as operating, we have 2 main tracks, if someone wants to run conventional then everyone running TMCC or DCS moves to one main. (Do have a club rule if more than 3 persons running, then no conventional, rule is not enforced). So today there were 5 trains running on the same track, and I saw atleast 4 or 5 pileups. (My trains were safely at home.)
Anyway, I'm setting the first Operating session up as TMCC/DCS only! Going to spend time to ensure everyone understands what scale speed means, and have a designated area on the tracks so people can learn what to adjust their speed to. Then will see if we can get 3 or 4 guys to run to a modified schedule and train priority list. (Based upon specific route distance and elapsed time.) So will see, may be one big wreck.

Had B-Day celebaration for FIL at BBQ Restaurant. I had a great Tri-Tip sandwich, BUT got some "Creamy Cheesey GRITS", little did I know that it was being served in a styrofoam bowl. I ate 1/2 of the bottom of the bowl before Kay told me I had styrofoam in the grits. Couldn't taste any difference !!

steamhead

Very late good evening to all (or early morning)....Hope you don't mind my asking, but....I keep reading about pile-ups (or NO pile-ups...). Is this something common in O-gauge..?? If so, what causes them..?? Is this one of the "down" sides to the control systems you use..?? I know that this can happen with DCC (almost had one myself a couple of weeks ago....). But I attribute my incident to carelessness....Left a train "parked" behind a ridge on the main...then forgot it was there...Caught it just in time - came within an inch (literally) of bustin' some couplers, or worse...:cry:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's a delightful 70 degrees here under a cloudy sky with a high of 76 expected with thunderstorms wanting to make their presence felt.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/30/2008

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 16mph S

Through 8 AM...widely scattered showers and thunderstorms will be found all across central and southwest Louisiana...southeast Texas...and the coastal waters between High Island and the lower Atchafalaya River. Occasional lightning...gusty winds to 30 mph...and rainfall amounts up to one half inch are possible as this activity moves off to the northeast at 20 mph.

Today High: 82
Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

P1010002-42.jpg

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Well 1st day o TROUT SEASON in Pa. in da books. Was 47 when we started at 430 pm. went down to 41 when finished at 7pm. Tally is me 3 browns and 1 brookie, BRO 1 brownie. Froze my foots off. Water was really cold. Numbing feet are not any fun. Warmed them up at fireplace with burgers and dogs, good.
Ran trains for an hour and a half. NO PILE UPs.
RT, still didn't see my bear. I wish LOWES would send some cash here? YORK is coming.
JEFF very COOL pic even my wife thought so.
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

HI GIZ,
Well 1st day o TROUT SEASON in Pa. in da books. Was 47 when we started at 430 pm. went down to 41 when finished at 7pm. Tally is me 3 browns and 1 brookie, BRO 1 brownie. Froze my foots off. Water was really cold. Numbing feet are not any fun. Warmed them up at fireplace with burgers and dogs, good.
Ran trains for an hour and a half. NO PILE UPs.
RT, still didn't see my bear. I wish LOWES would send some cash here? YORK is coming.
JEFF very COOL pic even my wife thought so.
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57
I was thinking maybe you ought to look in to getting a boxcar made up with a pic and the words "DA BEAR" and it could be a members only car for members of the forums lol

sir james

GOOD MORNING
Dropped in to say hello, no plans for today unless one of the kids come by with something to do. A tad warmer this morning with something called "rain" in the forecast, whatever that is. I think Don B should have poured the grits out and ate the bowl. At least that would not stick to his innerds.:eek: Enjoy your sunday,,,,,S.J.

hickstmj

Marcie
I got some roadbed put down on my layout yesterday. Daughter & I cleaned out the shed so we could store her stuff. Went grocery shopping. Very productive day.

Gus - thank you for the words of encouragement

Chief - I don't see why everyone couldn't read your post

Jeffrey - nice pic as usual

Sir James - Congratulations, quite an accomplishment in this day & age

Laz - sounds like you had the PERFECT Saturday planned

Doug - glad your daughter is home safe

Brutus - when I worked at a daycare headlice went around all to often & I always seemed to pick it up, my sympathies are with you

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Brutus

Hey Sir James, thanks for the phone call! All is well in Brutaland. Just watching movies with the kids and doing laundry again. Have some projects to do while my feet are up today (2 days to go). Looks like we nipped the nits in the bud - fingers are crossed! Thanks Marcie and others for prayers and good thoughts.

Roy, again, that is a way cool layout and love those Thomas rock formations! :thumb:

RT - I think we were going to have someone make a grits car a while ago too? A bear car might be better, since it would be less controversial! :cry:

CSX - I Believe! :mrgreen:

Jeffrey - nice pic this morning and also nice video yesterday, thanks for sharing!

TTYL

Status
Not open for further replies.