Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Great news about Tom! Congratulations to a true ambassador of the hobby.

Can you hear my head banging against the nearest wall ?wall1

The van has $1,500 worth of major things wrong with it - in addition to $75 for a new strut. Argh.

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Tom: Congratulations on getting published!

Doug: Sorry to hear about the van. Maybe a second opinion is in order.
LOL...The Squirtster wanting to try on handcuffs!

Brutus: Thanks for calling! Great conversations!

Chief: I have my 3-yo stand on the center section of the tractor as we cut grass! She has a great time pretending to steer!

Kurt

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Roy, Don't know the story on the CN engine. I think the Strasburg owns it, but not sure.

Chief, Wait till you have eight of them, Mom & Grandmom will be happy to leave them with you when they go shopping. wall1

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Hi, Kurt - thanks for a great talk, you're a real gentleman! Also had a great talk with Sir James this morning. Meant to call my friend in SC, but had too much stuff going on once wife got off work. Man, where did this day go?

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Tom, Congratulations on getting published! I hope to someday, but have to take care of that scenery thing.
John, I saw a program on "Trains and Locomotives" I believe where they were talking about the CN scheme at Strasburg. Originally, they had them painted for US railroads who had had similar engines. When a new director took over for the struggling museum as the Fed. Gov't got involved to make it a national historic site, one of the things he pushed was for Authenticity. Being that they were originally CN locomotives, they were painted back to the original theme. They still do special runs with US passenger cars, but I think the last time they were painted in US colors was for a Lackawanna Special.

I am back at the hospital doing rounds and fixing sick people. It would be nice to get some rest, but at least they called me in at 1900hrs vs 0230. Anyway, I hope to catch y'all later.
Dennis

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING
Where did the day go? Brutus us old guys say that every day about this time. Wouldn't have time to work anymore to busy being retired.
Well wife has her windows and most of the living room back together,I helped with some things and then said "I quit".Its usually best not to say that too loud. Shes watching her Red Wings now. All is well....S.J.

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
:thumb:Congratulations, Tom!!!:thumb:

On Page 21 of the May 2008 Issue of Classic Toy Trains is a photo of
OTTS Charter Member Tom "Spankybird" Pescha's
layout.

:thumb:
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif
Way to go, Tom!!
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif
:thumb:

Way to go congrats again

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Hats of to Tom [Spankybird]
Great job. He has always given us great photos to see every morning. When he quit posting a lot on CTT, I missed his photos. Now I can see his and Jeffrey's every morning on this forum. That is great.

Microwave popcorn time after I down these iced brownies [homemade]. Don Baker was better but was going to do a demo. Not good as he need to stay in bed. Hope he has not had a relapse. Later

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Hope Don is OK, Chief. What is an iced brownie?

Oh, Brutus, everything is wrong with the dang van - coolant leaking, serpentine belt cracked, front brake caliper fused, and the aforementioned strut. I trust this shop and always get everything fixed - for if not now, don't want the bride to be dealing with something on the road. But sheesh.

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning...........
It's a cold and clear 25 degrees. Going up to 46 today, with a chance of rain and snow later.
Today is a less busy day. Our plans to drive up to Brunswick, tomorrow, will not happen. Looks like they will be getting a big snow storm with a lot of wind. I've seen as high as 5 to 7 inches of snow.
So, we will stay home and relax.
Dining car is here and it's time for breakfast.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio

Where we are getting ready for another SNOW fall :winter1:

Chuck - I don't know about you, but I still have snow on the ground from the last big snow! Ain't it spring yet! :cry:

Thanks all for the kind words about being in the CTT mag, also note that Scott Smith ( who does also post on the Sunday Photo Fun) was in it.

47b7cf26b3127cceb049fbccdd1300000037108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7cf26b3127cceb049eb935c7400000037108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7cf26b3127cceb049c7fedd3f00000037108IZMmrFwxbA

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Currently it's 42 degrees here under a clead sky. The high today is expected to reach 76 and it will be partly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 3/21/2008

Wind Chill: 42°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 38°F

So Far Today
High: 49°F
Low: 42°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 75 Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds up to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. South winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010018-4.jpg

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Snowing like crazy here. Fortunately I have the day off - to run trains and browse the web, I hope. The bride is still worried about her cough - not going away and so hard it hurts her muscles. Saw the daughter off on her way to France at the high school - hope their flight isn't canceled. Hope to hear more about the van later. . . Church tonight. Have a good day!

Wow, Chief, that brownie sounds great!

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
:DHey Chief!, we have grown acustomed to having the brownie warmed with a scoop of vanilla Ice Cream on top!:thumb: Was another late night and now I am home with the kids. School is closed for Good Friday, so kids are home...and of course, they wake up early on the day they don't have towall1 Well, SWMBO has not made any plans for the weekend, so I hope to get some serious work done on the layout.
Chief, I too look forward to more photos from Tom. Seems some of the things I miss about not checking in at CTT are coming here, so less need to visit there.
I wonder if the mail will run today? I know that since the athiests have become PC, they don't celebrate Christmas and other special religious days, but still find a way to take them off.:killer: I am looking forward to getting my CTT. Have read and reread the last OGR.

For those who like the Southern Railroad, #4610 the Geep that NS had painted in the Southern RR scheme with Green w/gold and white striping, it is back in service! Saw it at the Albany Yard doing switching and yard duty. Sure is a pretty engine. Took some photos on my phone, but, I am technically challenged and have not learned to load photos from the phone to the computer.

Y'all have a great day.
God Bless and Happy Easter!
Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.