Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpolak

Morning!

Happy Birthday Mrs. Sir James!

Roy...Is that the same woman that didn't understand what the big lever on the side of the well pump was for???

Kurt

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
40 here and little bit o spitting rain.
JOHN, WOW lots o flowers might have to come down if you have any left overs? Nice green house, might have to check it out cause wife was talking about starting one?
BRUTUS, yep got a hawk a big knife, a flintlock pistol, a set of snow shoes, the capote and fox skin hat I'm wearing. Kind a like I'm DAVY CRICKETT or someone?
ROY, good story. Sounded like the BOB and TOM SHOW with MR. OBVIOUS, real funny, about a noise under the sink growling the guy thinks its a racoon or wild animal. It only happens when they turn on the lite switch, DUH, its the garbage disposal,hence MR. Obvious.
B good or B gone,
laz57

Good Morning........
It's a clear 34 degrees. Blue skies. No rain. Going up to 40 today. It was snowing, late last night. None on the ground.
Today, I will be driving up to Cambridge for the grocery shopping. Couldn't go yesterday. Not a nice job, especially in the rain.
No train time today. Busy day.
Time to board the Dining car for breakfast.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

Jonadel

Beautiful day here yesterday, FIRST RIDE OF THE SEASON, sure felt good :thumb:Lots of trips planned this summer, anxious to get on the road to live the dream--glad the bike gets 42+ mpg. I see the oil producers are complaining that our gas usage was done 1% last month, what a bunch of morons.

Make it a great day :wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was a blustery 41 F when I had to chase down the trash can lids this morning that had blown off in some of the 40 MPH wind gusts. Our high today is supposed to reach 50 F and we are under a Wind Advisory. The weather hype machine is gearing up as they are calling for the possibility of snow on Saturday and Monday.

I finally got around to doing a photo session and ran some trains yesterday.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

GOOD MORNING
I have some household things to move this morning as we are having three new windows installed this afternoon. So I guess the trains might rest today. Sun is out middle 40s forecast but still below avg. Later,,S.J.

dwiemer

Good Morning!
Had the plan to sleep a little later this morning as I got home at 04:45...didn't happen. Alarm went off for wife at 6 and then daughter was up too. Wife left with son to drop him off at school on her way to work and I had to be up with daughter. So, after too much Barney, I am fighting to stay awake before getting ready to head back in.
Watched a DVR taped show on "Underground", about a narrow gauge railroad that was developed under Chicago to move merchandise around town...and was used by, of all things in Chicago, "Corruption"...go figure! It was a neat show. I like this DVR...just set it for search programs of Trains, Railroads, etc. and watch the programs when I can (read that, when the kids let mewall1)
Hope it is relatively early today as I am plum wore out! I have a big day tomorrow, so I hope to be ready. Glad Roy's family is all back. It is bad enough to have one child away from home having trouble to get back, two is a lot to deal with. I am sure Mrs. Roy was a bit tense too.
If anyone is heading out of town, may you have travelling mercies to and from your destination. Easter is a great time to get together with family, but it is also a great time to instill in our kids what the real meaning of Easter is...not the candy and bunny.
God Bless,
Dennis

cnw1995

Morning all. Supposed to get 5-6 inches of snow overnight! And the daughter's supposed to leave for France in the morn. Good thing I don't have to drive to O'Hare - they're taking a limo together. Hope they get out OK. Roy, glad everyone's home.

Dennis, I remember when those tunnels flooded because a construction company sticking poles into the riverbed to protect a bridge just happened to poke one into a tunnel. They flooded most of the sub-basements and basements of Loop buildings. I got to go home early when the power died and was off for a few days. A few years ago on a section of tunnel over by the Field Museum that was higher, they pulled an engine and car out to restore. It's amazing how those tunnels criss-crossed the area - connecting most buildings - to deliver coal mostly.

Brutus

Sir James - belated happy birthday to P, wasn't it yesterday? I forgot. My wife is the one who is good with dates. Glad all is well, Roy. Dennis, family projects are the best, I agree. John, I keep losing posts on that site as well and looks like 88 had problems this AM too. Still no dues bill from TCA, I think I need to call someone.

Laz, you are too cool! I need to get my son out with Evil Pawpaw (my Dad) and let him fire off some rounds one of these days. Daughter too! He's got a couple black powder rifles as well. "Hello Mr. Obvious, long-time listener, first time caller.... I think there is a critter under the sink!" sign1 ANother good Mr. O show was the one where he thought there was a critter under the house and Mr. O convinced him it was a sump pump. "Hello Mr. Sump Pump, you sure are a big furry critter, aren't you! Ow - Help!"

L

laz57

Sir James - belated happy birthday to P, wasn't it yesterday? I forgot. My wife is the one who is good with dates. Glad all is well, Roy. Dennis, family projects are the best, I agree. John, I keep losing posts on that site as well and looks like 88 had problems this AM too. Still no dues bill from TCA, I think I need to call someone.

Laz, you are too cool! I need to get my son out with Evil Pawpaw (my Dad) and let him fire off some rounds one of these days. Daughter too! He's got a couple black powder rifles as well. "Hello Mr. Obvious, long-time listener, first time caller.... I think there is a critter under the sink!" sign1 ANother good Mr. O show was the one where he thought there was a critter under the house and Mr. O convinced him it was a sump pump. "Hello Mr. Sump Pump, you sure are a big furry critter, aren't you! Ow - Help!"

BRUTUS, LOL, I get to listen to BOB AND TOM for abot 10 minutes each morning. And more times then not they have me rolling LOL going down the road. Sometimes crude, but funny. Seems like I never got out of Jr. High?
laz57

sir james

Brutus, great talking with you but! my wife is at me again for not telling you Happy Easter. So that might as well be it for everyone. S.J.

Good morning all!

It is good to have the kids home and accounted for!

Beautiful day here today! Sunny and 70's predicted.

Train club meeting tonight. We are having a running session on the rewired modular layout. Next week we tear down and take it to Grapevine for the Thomas the Tank Engine event. Should be fun!

Doug - I remember when they flooded the tunnels there. That was quite an event. It was interesting when we toured up there last summer, they pointed out some areas in town where some houses did not get raised (they raised most of Chicago back in the late 1800's?) and so the front doors look like basement entry's.

Have a great day all!
Roy

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Busy morning babysittine G'Son. Into everthing. We did run tains. He just stares. He likes to see them disappear into the tunnel. At 11 months, he does pretty good until you try to dress him. Then he gets mad. Now I can shave and shower. Got up and cooked breakfast for everyone. Now all the women are gone [two bathrooms and they wanted to use the same one] I can relax. Poor Carter. Gone shoppinng with Mom, G'Mom and GG'Mom. His Mom would not leave him with me as she knows he will gt Coke, play in the dirt and ride lawnmower.
LAZ, grits are the best breakfast food and sweet ice tea is the only drink.:thumb: Check is in the mail. :wave:
Dennis, Pam and I have been talking about a trip to Savannah to meet up with you guys. Chat later about that.
Got to go. God bless

Brutus

You and me both, Laz! I'm 13 going on 45 I guess. I like Tom P's line about having the heart of a child? Be back later!

OOPS - posts crossed in the aether. Happy Easter to you too, Sir James!

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 43 degrees here at present under clear skies. Expecting a high of 71 this afternoon under still clear skies.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/20/2008

Wind Chill: 43°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 40°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 43°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 75 Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

P1010012-7.jpg

cnw1995

That sounds like a great day for Carter - caffeine, trains and riding the mower! Too bad he has to shop instead.

The bride came home with the minivan hatch open - looks like the pin to one of the hydraulic lift cylinders sheered right off. Wonder how that happened. Maybe I can get it fixed right away.

dwiemer

Chief, you sound like my mother in law who has on many occasions told my kids "Junk Food is Good For You". I can work hard to raise them with propper morals and healthy eating habbits, only to have it shattered by MIL. She wonders why we don't let her watch the kids...
Dennis

:thumb:Congratulations, Tom!!!:thumb:

On Page 21 of the May 2008 Issue of Classic Toy Trains is a photo of
OTTS Charter Member Tom "Spankybird" Pescha's
layout.
:thumb:
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif
Way to go, Tom!!
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif
:thumb: