spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio

Where St Patty day is going to be dry and Sunny! :mrgreen:

lep15.gif

GoodMorning from S.E. Ohio.....
It is cold outside. 30 degrees. Wind blowing. Going up to 46 today, with a little sunshine.
Today, I am going to watch the Nascar race. Yesterday's race was called for rain.
Spankybird...What do you think about starting a Sunday Photo Fun thread on this Forum ??
Maybe some train time this afternoon.
Everyone have a nice day.
Chuck

Chuck - this forum has a weekly photo fun http://forum.zealot.com/t157531/

They start it on Friday afternoons and it runs for a week.

27.gif

What a great train show Div 5 had this weekend. The Museum pic up two add on cars for our O gauge NKP passagner train. We will be posting pics of it later.

drirish2.gif

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Like OHIO weather at 28 and going up to 50? Maybe rain tomorrow?
Ran trains last nite for an hour, NO PILE UPS. Then watched AX MEN on History Ch.
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Top of the Morn' to Ya! In the spirit of the day, I have changed the font. I am on call, and I will be wearin' the green.....(I always wear GREEN as that is the color of our scrubs). Anyway, was a nice day yesterday. Wife is dropping son off at school and I am home with daughter. I have my morning reading to do and get ready to head in. I do wish everyone well and a beautiful St. Pat's day, wherever you are!
God Bless,
Dennnis

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
And a top 'o the morning to you as well from a cold and grey Chicago.

I tested the dead part of the loop I previously mentioned last evening; then just simply replaced all its track and it magically worked. I think there is something physically wrong with something I pulled out, but it all looks right. Oh well. Least it works!

Go n-eírí an bóthar leat

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Morning All !!! And a Happy St. Pat's day !!!

Going to have some green beer and bagels for breakfast. Then head off to work. Had a real busy weekend, glad thats' done. Did find time to run trains for a little bit saturday night. Chris was switching stuff around moving cars delivering goods, had a great time.

Lots of kids on Spring break this week, I have to make a couple of presentations to computer clubs on Tuesday and Thursday.

Dont't celebrate too much, but enjoy the day.

Buckeye, Yeah your right I owe ya one at least... aussie

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Took the car to the shop this morning and left it with them. It should be ready sometime tomorrow. The price tag is about $205. The head man there said that GM makes 6 different types of ABS master cylinders. Five of them are relatively easy to work on. The sixth one is a pain in the butt to bleed. He raised the hood and looked at the master cylinder, groaned and said 'I should have known you'd have the sixth type'. He then laughed and said not to worry, they'd get it done.

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Good afternoon from the soggy Heartlands where it's been raining steadily for about two hours, thank goodness it's green rain and not white snow :eek: It's about 36 degrees so I'm sure the police are happy as the wanna be Irish will stay in :mrgreen:

Speaking of green, opening day of my favorite sports season will soon be here, here's a couple of young men from our layout getting an early start on the season, everyone loves playing catch, at least in my world
:thumb:

playingcatch1.jpg

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

aussieaussieaussieHappy St. Patrick's Day!!!!aussieaussieaussieaussie
A special treat for my good Irish friend, Mr. Murphy of Chicago.

Six retired Irishmen are playing poker in O'Hare's apartment when
Paddy Murphy loses $500 on a single hand, clutches his chest, and drops dead at the table. Showing respect for their fallen brother, the other five continue playing standing up.

Michael O'Conner looks around and asks, "Oh, me boys, someone got's to tell Paddy's wife. Who will it be?"

They draw straws. Johnny O'Neil picks the short one. They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation any worse.

"Discreet??? I'm the most discreet Irishmen you'll ever meet. Discretion is me middle name. Leave it to me."

O'Neil goes over to Murphy's house and knocks on the door. Mrs.
Murphy answers, and asks what he wants.

O'Neil declares, "Your husband just lost $500, and is afraid to come home."

"Tell him to drop dead!", says Murphy's wife.

"I'll go tell him." says O'Neil.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
And it was a beautiful one here, about 50 and sunny, although the wind was a little cool.

Guess my age is catching up, after my workout at the gym, I came home ate lunch and crashed, watched a little TV, worked a couple of crosswords and took a nap, before I knew it, it was time to eat again. :eek:ops:

Things are really coming along nicely in the greenhouse. Some of the Geraniums that I started from seed in January are starting to bloom. I am starting to run out of room, so in about a week I will move some of the larger geraniums to the enclosed gazebo to harden off a little.

Less than a month till York. For all you TCA members out there, if you haven't read the notice, they are going to have the gal who designed the new TCA bear, named caboose, at the open house on the 16th for a bear signing. Chief, you will have to pick one up for the grandson. BTW, my buddy, who I go to NRHS meetings with, is the grandfather of the girl who won the naming contest for the bear. That was my train related tidbit for today. announce1

Jon, I love that scene on your layout. Gives me even more spring fever. :thumb:

Doug, I guess you are not into trolleys anymore, but Atlas has now come out with a "Hershey" trolley. Also a Chicago one. Here is a link if you care to check it out. Just artwork as they will not be available until July.
ATLAS O - Industrial Rail Trolley

Don, for some reason, green beer and bagels just doesn't sound like it would hit the spot for breakfast. :eek:

Laz, Guess I will have to wait for the reruns, just to cheap to buy HBO! :eek:ops:

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Thanks John, we are slowly trying to add new interest to our scenes, lots of fun. I'm really jealous of your geranium progress, sounds WONDERFUL. Our last frost date is May 15 but I typically have all the annuals out by April 25 and keep my fingers crossed for no frost. Last year we had an extended freeze for 3 days at the end of April, actually hurt our perennials big time.

Don't feel guilty about that nap, I fell asleep while reading the paper after lunch, until the phone rang wall1

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
As JOHN said beauty of a day here in PA. We hit 48 and sunny no wind felt great did a nice 4 miler this after. Walked dog for a nice slow one say 3 deer in the fields.
JON, yep that scene is a keeper there. Great time o year, baseball season just two weeks away.
JOHN, AXE MEN is on the History Channel on Sunday at 9 o'clock they replay the previous week and 10 is the new one.
CHIEF, package will be picked up on Tuesday you should get it by Thursday. Keep one eye open.
All have a good one, HOPE BUCKEYE drank some GREEN BEER? Does drinking green beer make you Pee GREEN?
laz57

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Hey Laz, love the new Avatar! Looks like you're loaded for Bear!

Buckeye - good one!

Rath Dé ort! (God Bless You) and Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

Dennis, There are a lot of movies where you just know pretty much how they are going to end after the first 1/2 hour or so. Not many of them can still make me cry at the end! Very good movie and can't wait for the next one!

Jeffrey, that's a nice pic and hope they get your car fixed asap!

I kinda envy all you guys with greenhouses, but I don't know when I would ever get to mess around in one anyway, just too much going on with the kids and stuff.

I ordered a passenger station and I hope it comes in by the weekend - I'm off for 4 days and it would be a nice project.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave: To all the Irish and those just in green remember moderationaussie and be safe:thumb:

Total weight loss is now 89 pounds about 30 more to go:shock:

Still waiting for the go ahead to to return to workstooges8

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Long day today. Had two emergencies and both were very interesting....which is medical talk for "I am just glad it didn't happen to me!". Nothing wrong, just what got one guy injured and a woman with chest pains, they should both be dead, but someone was looking out for them.

Got a call regarding my friend who took a nail to the eye. They did another surgery on him today and removed the lense of the eye. They had to reshape the eye, and he will need to be operated on again in a few months, but they may be able to restore his vision. Great news, but not sure if he will be able to head back to Afghanistan.

A couple of train related items: first, Thursday's episodes of "How'd They Make That" has a story on how they make model train cars. Not sure of scale, but that is what was in the description. Also, if you look through the listings, several train related shows are on different channels. ONe called "Terror Train", a few episodes of Mega Movers, Voyages, and of course Trains and Locomotives as well as Toy Trains are on RFD. I also see that Workin on the Railroad is on I believe Sundays on DIY. I did a search with the DVR and will be copying most.

Did some work on the Dollhouse today. Got the attic started. Been painting as I have followed John's photo examples. I am at the point of having to run the Tape wire and then start putting down flooring. This is growing into the project I was worried it would become.

Dog is doing fine. Kids have been playing with him and keeping him busy, but somehow, he still has plenty of energy. We got him a "Dental Rope" and some rawhide bones that he is just going to town over. Steadily chewing. Glad he keeps to that, or some big furniture damage would be happening.

I guess I have used up quite a bit of space here. I had better head to bed as it will be a big day tomorrow. Hope everyone and their families gets home safe tonight and that it will be a blessed week for all.
God Bless,
Dennis

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Great one, Buckeye! Hope everyone had a green day. I missed my corned beef and cabbage.
John, I'm still into trolleys! The Atlas units are beauts. Though I'm spoiled by comparing them to the Western Hobbycraft models which I still think are the standard to judge by. Can't beat the price of the Atlas sets.
Dennis, I think that was filmed at Weaver.

Well, I enjoyed my evening communing with a local peace officer for a while. The car drove up, stopped in front of the house. He got up and walked up to the door where I was watching him out the window instead of reading the sports page. "Does <my daughter's name> live here?" Uh oh.

Turns out the parents of one of her friends reported their daughter missing after they had a fight and the girl stormed off . . . to be with my daughter - at someone else's house. So several phone calls later, my daughter came home with the friend in question, who was taken home by my new friend. The drama! Can't wait to hear what the neighbors think... 'Ah, Bettina, it's the cops again over at Murphys house... and on this day of all days...' ;)

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
And to think, they seem like such a nice family.
Doug, I really appreciate your sharing these stories so I will be at least a little prepared for the future.
Dennis

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Jeffrey, that's a nice pic and hope they get your car fixed asap!
Thanks. My photography skills aren't anywhere near the best but I'm proud of the results just the same.

I went to work today for the night shift, 2 pm to 10 pm. I had to leave just after 7 because my sciatica started acting up. My backside is on fire from my neck down to my knees!

Status
Not open for further replies.