Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's a nice 58 degrees here under a clear sky. We're expecting a high of 71 with partly partly cloudy skies this afternoon.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/16/2008

Wind Chill: 53°F
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 49°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 56°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 22mph E

Today High: 75 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Increasing clouds. Lows in the lower 60s. East winds around 15 mph.

My MoW supervisor is very privileged. He has his own private car.

P9100381.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Storms gone. Sun is coming out. Breakfast and then store. Will leave early unless things change. We have had 3 weeks of the same sale so BPS staff, our staff and customers are now tired. If you have not bought it by now, you are a procrastinator. Hope all have a great day.

PS: where is Tom [Spankybird]???????

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
Where the temp is 32 deg with snow melting.

Cheif - were here, but have been very busy. This weekend is the NMRA Div 5 show in NE Ohio. This is one of the two largest shows in Ohio and its only 4 miles from my house and 2 miles from the Museum.

We extended our hours because of the show, so some long days. Last night we had a Vendor Open house at the museum after the show ended.

:wave:

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
GoodMorning from S.E. Ohio.....
It is cold outside. 30 degrees. Wind blowing. Going up to 46 today, with a little sunshine.
Today, I am going to watch the Nascar race. Yesterday's race was called for rain.
Spankybird...What do you think about starting a Sunday Photo Fun thread on this Forum ??
Maybe some train time this afternoon.
Everyone have a nice day.
Chuck

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Morning
Sunny and going to the 40s.thats about average for here in march warmer by the end of the month.
My wife is sick again :eek: I think the gr.kids keep her sick. you would think an old person would have had all these virus's by now.
I guess I will stay around the house today so that could mean trains will run.Otherwise no plans. Enjoy your sunday,,,S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Sir James, sorry to hear the wife is sick. My wife just got over being sick for about a month with the help of inhalers, steriods and antibiotics. What a mess! Laundry day and feet are up, so all is well in my neck of the woods. TTYL

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave: Good morning all, still off work:curse:, tomarrow is weigh in day:mrgreen:

Need to take some pics with new camera/binoculars only has two buttons but a lot of different modes.

have been reading a lot lately "your boke because you want to be" by the guy who hosts big spender show and realionair & get real get rich by Farrah Gray. They are very entertaining to read and point out the obvious ways to save and spend wisely that most of us take for granted. Library books are free and you can learn a bit in spare time(which I have a lot of at this moment.):nope:

I have too many hobbies at this time Trains, Computers(games, Programing, may be ebay some day), electronics and old radios, bball cards, casting and molding. and the cabbose:shock:

mitchelr

Nov 19, 2007
Gettyburg, PA
morning folks,have not posted here in a long while. Very busy with work. Really looking forward to break even if it is only Friday and Monday. The following week I have a convention in Louisville. Should be fun. Anyone know of any good train stores in Louisville?

Take care,

Mitch

morning folks,have not posted here in a long while. Very busy with work. Really looking forward to break even if it is only Friday and Monday. The following week I have a convention in Louisville. Should be fun. Anyone know of any good train stores in Louisville?

Take care,

Mitch

Mitch...If you are driving to Louisville via I-70 and I-71, you will be passing two great train stores in the Wheeling area and one in Mason, OH. All three of these stores are less than two miles from the highways.

There is a train store on the east side of Louisville. I don't know the name.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good afternoon all. Had the picnic on the Church grounds, it was fun. We flew kites and enjoyed the 85 degree temps with blue sky. Wife is out enjoying the mall and buying clothes. I am home babysitting and in need of a nap.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Dennis

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey guys juststopping by to say howdy, Yeah I know been a while. Still havent found my footing at the new job bouncing around alot and trying to ge things done.
Keep hoping tohave more timeto get back here.
yall have fun now,
Tony

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Glad I cought you at home, Doug! I had a great time and hope to talk again in the future! We're watching The Quiet Man now - our annual St. Patrick's Day custom. We usually watch Darby O'Gill as well, but it got too late in the day and that is a scary movie for our kids, maybe we'll watch it at the end of the week while they are on their school break. Oh, I think it might have been in the 50's here today - it looked nice out. We get a different weather pattern in the St. Louis area - it's like a long line of weather that comes up the River and then makes a big circle around us.

CSX - I don't know much about money except this, I've never had enough! ;-)

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Sr. James, Class of '57, now that was a great year!!! :thumb:
I do have a year on you in age though. And yes I know what you mean about price rises. The old income stays very near the same, but not the expenses.

Hope everybody has a great week.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Yes John I knew the old folks like us would understand. I have a birthday in june so I'm staying with you. My wifes birthday is wed ,her mother wanted a boy on St Patrick's day but got a girl two days later instead named her Patricia instead of getting a Patrick. Lucky for me as I would not be happy married to a Patrick. Have a good week,,,S.J.

L

laz57

Sr. James, Class of '57, now that was a great year!!! :thumb:
I do have a year on you in age though. And yes I know what you mean about price rises. The old income stays very near the same, but not the expenses.

Hope everybody has a great week.

GREAT year JOHN, I was born then the first day o 57. So I guess I'm over da hill. Not to bad here today at about 45 did a nice run o 5 + miles not bad.
CHIEF, will send package out via UPS tomorrow, they are not in on Sunday.
Well I am officially retired from the CTT forum. NO MORE POSTS for me there. Personal reasons.
B GOOD or B GONE.
laz57

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Thanks LAZ. Watched the later west coast version of John Adams on HBO. Then fell asleep [reclinerized]. Trip home was OK. Went to In-laws for dinner. Fed deer and etc. Talked to Shake and Bake. He called and was running late getting home. Probably did not have time to post. Back to sleep until morning. Later

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 62 degrees here with cloudy skies. Expecting a high of 82 this afternoon with mostly cloudy skies and windy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/17/2008

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 55°F

So Far Today
High: 65°F
Low: 62°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 29mph SSE

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect until 1 AM cdt Wednesday.

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Warmer. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 15 to 20 mph.

Imag0005.jpg

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning.............
It's a cold and clear 28 degrees. Going up to 53, today with some sunshine.
Today is a busy day. I have some errands to run and the usual chores around the house. I will be in and out all day. No time for trains.
Pretty soon it will be April. Maybe Spring is coming.
Time for breakfast on the Dining car.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.