Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Neighbor is hiding from the "Law". They know where he is but do not want to arrest him. His ex-wife claims he assalted her. She does this everytime she gets mad at him. Same thing she has done to ex-boyfriends. Domestic violance law says she is right until you are proven innocient. Backwards to US justice system. I have his dog in my back fence. Dog should not be his as he does not take good care of it. Doing him favor and not turning it over to Animal Control. Really sweet dog. Learning some manner with me. Got to go. Later

Keep the dog, Chief. You'll give him a good home.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Look at the weather I've got heading my way. It's traveling west to east.

radar0.jpg

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Head for the root cellar, Jeffrey - and I agree, nice pic of the KCS locomotive. Wife has been shuffling girlscout cookies all over the place trying to get rid of extras since someone never picked up their kid's orders. Kurt, I am on the way.

Latest word, no snow Friday, it should miss us. So, I guess we'll get another foot? ;)

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Good luck tomorrow, take it easy Jeffrey.

News now says we'll get 1 to 3 inches of snow tomorrow starting around noon? :( I'm getting sick of snow. I was going to pick up a big load of drywall tomorrow night, but I guess that will have to wait now.

TTFN

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
We are in for more big rain. Big lake finally jumped up some. Hope the next one will push it on up. No trains lately. Too busy. Off to Charlotte BPS tomorrow afternoon. Back Sunday. Back on meds as sinuses giving trouble. Pam said I looked like Fred Flintstone as neck was so swolen this AM. Dr. says she thinks it was sinuses causing lymth nodes to swell. Gone down now. Had not had much time to post anything. Think I'll call Shake and Bake [only 9 in CA] and thank him again for his box he sent me. Later

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Oy. :-(

Yesterday afternoon while coming home from work this guy swerved in front of me and I swerved to avoid him.

I hit my car into the barrier while traveling over a bridge and now it's scratched :-( :-(

Then today, my mother was driving home and this other lady decided not to stop at the Stop sign and went into the side of her car. She can't open the driver's door and there is a piece of the other cars bumper stuck in the door.

Anyway, nicce to visit again, next time I'll come with good news hopfully. :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Know "Exactly" how you feel J. Few years ago - I had 72 Catalina nice antique... Spent $1000.00 having it repainted....

6 weeks later.... Driving along on a narrow road... My cell phone rang.... When I went to hang up - i Dropped the phone and the "dummy inside" me decided to pick it up......

WHAM - scraped the guardrail and crunched the right front fender (And the 6 week old paint) :( :(

No one to blame but myself and the caller a little bit :( :(

Glad your Mother's ok too!! That could have been worse!! :( :(

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Brutus: I've been wanting to pick-up a couple of sheets of soundstop, for a couple of weeks...Rain, snow, ice...maybe this week.

Docksider to arrive Monday!

Looks like the snowhio for Michigan got blown into NC. :wave:

Kurt

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Well cold here today at 28 Big rain a comin. Off to BARRYs Train Shop this after to pick up brother EL CAPITAN set and add on cars. I need a set of Lionel trucks. I won a Stegmaire beer car on E bay done by KMT and those couplers don't work with Lionel. So going to change the wheels to Lionel. Nice car gold mirror car.
CHIEF sure your neck is swollen from sinuses? Maybe PAM gave you a hickey?
TGIF.
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning

Currently At 6:09AM

Cloudy 41°F
Feels like 32°F
Winds: NNW at 13mph
Cloudy
Humidity: 91%, Dew Point: 39° , Pressure: N/A, Visibility: 5 Miles

Today

Rain, High: 44°F, Feels like: 35°F
Sunrise: 6:32 AM
Cloudy
. Rain or snow likely in the morning...then a chance of rain or snow in the afternoon. Cooler. No snow accumulation. Highs in the lower 40s early...then temperatures steady or falling through the day. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight

Intermittent Clouds, Low: 34°F, Feels like: 27°F
Sunset: 6:15 PM
Mostly cloudy. A
20 percent chance of snow in the evening. Colder. Lows around 30. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

P1010002-45.jpg

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning...............
It's a windy 34 degrees. Cloudy skies. Rain and snow due today. Going up to only 36. Big snow tonite.
Today I have some errands to run and then I will be home working on some paperwork. Later, I may run trains.
Time for breakfast. Dining car here.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the North Coast in for another Snow Storm.

We haven't gotten over the Ice - Snow Storm from Tuesday and now we are predicted to get up to 2 feet of snow by Saturday night!

Good thing spring is around the corner!

47b8dd27b3127cce98548e80da8900000037101AaNGjRm0Ysd

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 37 F on its way to 48 F this morning. I had quite a foggy drive into the office this morning. Anyone see Noah? Rumor has it he is out buying wood. According to the weather-hype-it-ups we are in for a biblical type of rain starting tonight and lasting through tomorrow. One guy said if it was snow they would be predicating three feet. They are saying we could get between 1½ to 3 inches of rain.

No modeling last night. My daughter had Girl Scouts and we were decorating a cake for tomorrow’s Blue & Gold cake decorating contest.

This will be an insane weekend. We have the Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet tomorrow. My son has a basketball playoff game on Sunday and my daughter has a regular season game also. We also need to fit in the grocery shopping.

If I ever get down to the basement and I am not cleaning up water from this weekend’s predicated flooding rains I need to put some stuff away and tidy up the layout. I then need to look over the pile on the workbench and choose the next project.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning my friends.
Hatter, tell the wife to take the bus or train. Don't drive!!!! Glad all are OK. Sure not posting much. Honeymoon must still not be over. :eek::thumb:

Tom [Spankybird], let it snow, let it snow on those Yankees. :twisted::thumb:

Kurt and Sir J, might hit the mountains but NO SNOW here. Just big rain predicted. :wave: Soundstop, dusty. Cut outside [if you way up nawth Yankees can get outside]. Once you put it down, paint it with laytex paint. Will stop dust. I put three coats on the edges and they got hard. Do not put that many on the flat surface as it will harden and might make it a little more noisy.

Tom P, you are the busiest person I know.

N Gauger, ouch!!!!!:cry:

Got to go do blood work and then go by Town Hall. Hit the road for Charlotte Bass Pro Shops until Sunday. Going to run trains before I leave. Neighbor's dog drug her bed [old one we had for Murf, now gone] out into the dmapness and was chewing on it. She does not know what a bed is. Never had one. Shame. Later

PS: can't believe the Ohizo Yanks have not commented on the Big Raleigh NC layout featured in the latest OGR. Shamed them I guess. :thumb:

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Here we go again, it's snowing lightly and the wind chill is below zero :cry: Sure looking forward to spring and next week's temps will consistently be in the 50's---(that's a heat wave for you southerners who think that might be the lead story on the evening news). While we were in Florida last week they were whining about temps in the 40's overnight :rofl:

Jon

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Morning
Kurt-I hope the docksider you bought was a new one.you will enjoy running it. A used one could have problems.
We have 22 degrees and overcast but the big one is predicted to just brush us.we will wait and see. Had "maybe"plans of going to the train show in Toledo Oh. sunday but this storm might take the maybe out completely. I guess I will just have to play with the toys I already have.
Everyone have a nice friday....S.J.

hickstmj

Marcie
Jan 28, 2008
Florida Panhandle
Terrible rain storm last night. 68 now, feels like FL should but tomorrow night forcasted to be 32. Its not supposed to be this way in March. I may have to move further south.

Hatter - Be careful out there

Jeff - Nice picture, I look forward to your picture each day

Tom - I remember those days, Girl Scouts, Cheerleading, TeeBall, Swim Practice at 5 am (the worst) - Sometimes I miss them, sometimes I don't

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! I hope to get more cleaned out of the room that will be the train room.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. I'm back! And at work for once. Missed you all. Feeling like myself for the first time this week. Boy, I sure appreciate feeling well. Haven't seen the trains in a while. I hope to catch up with the caboose later in the weekend. I see we're going to miss most of the latest big storm - what a rarity.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:winter1: Suposed to get get around a Foot of snow between now and some time saturday:shock: here in Columbus OHIO, we are running low on road salt due to the recent winter storms.

Ohio and other states on the brink of ecological disaster:confused: Not only are bees disapearing and not polenating plants including crops but bats are dieing off due to longer(warmer) summers they go into hibernation long after thier food supply is gone for the season and therfore starve:nope:

Went slumming at the thrift stores yesterday and came home with a nice 1955 chevy convertable(large scale) and a motorised truck aprox o scale and have an Idea how to make an animated scene with this truck:cool: Also found a cool finacial book/textbook never been read and still in a plastic wraper.

Status
Not open for further replies.