Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave: Hi all(y'all)

Have not been on this forum for awhile:shock:

Mike congats on being a gandpa:thumb:

Here is a link to a paper model site for free download of pdf file of haunted houses most are 1/66 th scale a tad under S but should be able to adjust to whatever scale you work with via a color copier.

All that the sites owner requests is that if you pass the files on to someone else that you keep the authors name intact on the file:cool:

New Orleans Square Haunted Mansion Model

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Morning all. Kurt, get one of those Docksiders and put the mini commander kit in it. In fact, Mother Nature and I will send you and St J. some snow. :eek::wave::twisted:

Chief: Thanks for the snow! Whoopse on the river thing...

Mini commander
47b8dd24b3127cceb58c28cca3c700000020100AcNmzVs4cM2Og
???

If I get Legacy I will! Very cool...especially for the accessories! How are their sound systems for steam and diesel?

Kurt

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good evening everyone. was a long day with a interesting case...read that, it took awhile. Was glad to get home. Did some work on the Doll house. John, it is really starting to take shape. Kids are having fun while I try not to get frustrated with the help.

Got a package in the mail today. I started viewing already. Thanks.
Check was mailed off for the Savannah and Atlanta engine. Though I am not ready to run her, I can hardly wait till she arrives.

Going to be getting together with some good friends next Friday. It is very nice when you can catch up with good friends who you have not seen in awhile.
Hope everyone is feeling better these days and that we have a blessed week.
Dennis

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Good evening folks! Prayers for the sick and families and friends. Sun cleared off the streets pretty much today and after I cleared all that snow from in front of the drive and mailbox due to the plow
icon_smile_censored.gif
I'll be back to work tomorrow for sure. Put in a couple hours on the basement and actually finished insulating outside walls. Need to insulate the walls around the bathroom - it separates the playroom from the bedroom. But, first I need to finish up some plumbing and electric in there. I think I need to move one of the pipes I put in already
icon_smile_sad.gif
It's always something, isn't it? Oh well, Doug is out, but I think I might strap on my snowshoes and head over to Sir James' house for desert. Kurt, you in? Chewy needs a little walk
icon_smile_newlaugh.gif

Dennis, no problemo man! How about some pics of your dollhouse? Jeffrey, nice pic as always. Welcome back, Jon! We have an office in FL and if I thought I could get my wife to give up this arctic paradise, I'd have the family moved pretty soon, LOL. Summers aren't any worse than St. Louis either.... OTOH, where would I put my trains?

Kurt - :roll1:

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Brutus, I really do need to work out the photo posting thing. Problem is with this darn computer...when I try to attach photos, it won't work. I have tried multiple time to send photos to John Baker in England and each time, the computer has a error message and talks about "connectivity".

Jon, if your travels to Florida take you on the road route, we are not too far off I75. You could always make a layover here as we are about 1.5 hours from the Florida border. We have 4 spare bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, so plenty of room.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good night.
Dennis

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Evening. More snow for those Yanks. :thumb: Got neighbor's dog [young huskie with blue eyes] is in our back fence. Dodging the law due to ex-wife's lies. She is really great animal. Will look after her for a few. Burg might not be happy as she is now on his turf but he goes to visit her when "she runs the cable". Shirt sleeve weather here. Even now as only a little chilly. Wish I had time to go fishing tomorrow. Seeing small bass swiming around the edge of the pond. I am sure the Crappie are biting. Jon, glad you had a good time in FL. Later.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Evening
Chief- thanks for the snow,but about half that much would have been enough.
Kurt- The docksiders are good runners and smokers. I have 2,At first I thought it would make a nice collection to have all of them glad I didn't,now there are too many.
Brutus- I'll be here,just meander on over...S.J. :twisted:

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Yeah, just a half a mile past the railroad tracks, right? See ya in a minute der, Sir James 1 (-D

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Evening. Where is Shake and Bake [Don Baker] ? Didn't get to call him. Buckeye, Big Oink was trying to do damage control on water and got piglets to try and help. Your great photo you sent me of the guys fishing shows how real water looks. Thanks for the help. Off to bed.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Well drying out a little today. Then rain tomorrow and snow on Saturday.
Creeks and rivers full right now. Can't take anymore.
HAPPY FRIDAY EVE,
laz57

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning................
The sun is shining. It's only 25 degrees. But, going up to 48 today, with sunshine most of day.
Today, I am taking it easy. I have a few things to do and then I will spend some time in the train room. Need to run those trains.
Time for breakfast. Dining car is ready.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

As I rolled out onto the roads this morning it was 34 F on its way to 55 F. Guess what we have more rain coming this weekend.

I didn’t get any modeling last night. We had Cub Scout Den Meetings.

Not much else to report.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 46 here at the moment but is guaranteed to get warmer as the day progresses with a 50% chance that we'll get wet.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/6/2008

Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 48°F
Low: 47°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 68 Increasing clouds. A 50 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then showers and thunderstorms likely after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the west after midnight. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

p1010001-48.jpg

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Brutus: I'm still here! Feel free to pop on over anytime! We're usually home.

Been working on parts order for Crane...Whata mess. I found a parts list at olson's but I don't think everything is right on it. I found duplicates of parts when researching numbers. Been cross-refrencing the 165, 182, 2660 parts, and still have questions.

I found a 'good' paint sample on the interior of a 2400 frame. I think I will send it to the paint shop for a color match...I bought 2-cans of silver at retail stores, and have not been happy...It will be cheaper in the long run to just get it matched.

Bride getting burnt out on working all the time. I have her scheduled for a massage this weekend. She will be heading out of the country on business again the end of the month.

Kurt

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Morning all!

Jeffrey - another nice photo today!

Kurt - finding parts can be a pain but it is also fun. My bride is also burned out on travel - my traveling!:cry:

Raining here, low 40's. and supposed to turn into SNOWHIZO tonight! Buckeye, Chuck, and Tom keep trying to throw it my way - but it will be 65 by Sat!
sign1
Train club meeting tonight and for once I am free to go! :thumb:

CTT forum seems locked up this morning :confused:

Hope everyone has a great day today!

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Howdy y'all! Finished up my case and I hope to be heading to the house. I have some errands to run and must call SWMBO to see what else I have. Sometimes it is good to have someone else running the schedule, especially when so much is poured on one's shoulders.

I am making more progress on the doll house. Have the first floor done, the second underway, and should be working on third level tonight. A lot of little details to do the final touches, but should be nice when done. Thanks to John F. for the photos to go by. Fills in the details left out of the instructions.

Hope everyone has a great day,
Dennis

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Evening All
I had visitors today. Two of my grandsons 3 & 5yrs,stopped by to see the Hogwarts X run for awhile. I couple a trainsounds tender on the rear and off we go. they like to hear it talk. nice thing about that age,no rivet counters,don't care if a tender is on the rear of the train. Temp reached 37 today,more melting but big storm is not going to be very far south of here so the forcasters aren't sure where it is going yet. Later all,,S.J. :eek:ops:

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Evening Gang,

Well I'm making progress, I finally got all of my Atlas stuff on the inventory. A lot of the time is taken up hunting up pictures as I didn't want to take a lot of stuff out of boxes to take pictures. Most can be found on the Atlas site but not easy to find. Some I actually got from ebay and some from dealer sites. Pictures for all but one or two items which I will take when all is finished. Now have started on Lionel, not as much as Atlas but quite a bit. Still have K-line, MTH, Weaver and Williams. Oh and RMT, guess that is it.

Dennis, glad to hear the DH is coming along. I am about to start #4. Was going to wait till Christmas 09, but daughter tells me that the 5 year old is playing with the 7 year olds doll house more than she is. They actually share things very well. When they move to the newer home, each will have their own room so there will be room for another doll house. This one is going to be a log style home. Something different than I have done before.

Spent a couple of hours transplanting in the greenhouse this afternoon, with the doors open. Really nice day, like summer. :mrgreen:

With all of the above, no time to run trains, make a few laps for me Chuck. :thumb:

Chief, I have a question. I read this post of yours a couple of times and I'm not quite sure when you are talking about the dog and when you are talking about the ex-wife, care to clarify?

"Evening. More snow for those Yanks. :thumb: Got neighbor's dog [young huskie with blue eyes] is in our back fence. Dodging the law due to ex-wife's lies. She is really great animal. Will look after her for a few. Burg might not be happy as she is now on his turf but he goes to visit her when "she runs the cable". Shirt sleeve weather here. Even now as only a little chilly. Wish I had time to go fishing tomorrow. Seeing small bass swiming around the edge of the pond. I am sure the Crappie are biting. Jon, glad you had a good time in FL. Later."

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Neighbor is hiding from the "Law". They know where he is but do not want to arrest him. His ex-wife claims he assalted her. She does this everytime she gets mad at him. Same thing she has done to ex-boyfriends. Domestic violance law says she is right until you are proven innocient. Backwards to US justice system. I have his dog in my back fence. Dog should not be his as he does not take good care of it. Doing him favor and not turning it over to Animal Control. Really sweet dog. Learning some manner with me. Got to go. Later

Status
Not open for further replies.