Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 32 degrees here this morning under partly cloudy skies. No rain in the forecast today though there is a 40% chance of rain tonight.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/21/2008

Wind Chill: 29°F
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 19°F

So Far Today
High: 35°F
Low: 33°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph ESE

Today High: 52 Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. East winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Not as cool. Lows in the upper 40s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

148.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good afternoon folks

It is 20 F with a high of 27 F. The low overnight was 10 F which makes it the coldest night this year.

We had a somewhat busy weekend. My daughter had softball clinic and basketball practice. We did a few chores around the house and finally got all the Christmas decoration put away. We had to get a couple more storage bins.

I finished weathering the wheels and trucks for the Athearn blue box TOFCs. I installed the wheels and converted the couplers to Kadee couplers. I also painted the wheel hubs on the trailers to match the trailer bodies.

Since we are home today we may go the movies later. I hope to do some more work on my son’s pinewood derby car and maybe weather the TOFCs and trailers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Hello, well cable internet is on,wow is it faster.
Brutus- I had one kidney stone and that was enough. you have my best wishes. Mine would not come out, they roto-rotered me. Sir James

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
I hope this is working out on its own - not much fun so far. I've had a cable modem now for about 4 years I guess, it's great! Super fast. Need to take wife to the Ford dealer to pick up her van after they serviced it. I'm pretty addicted to caffiene and I'm getting a great headache to go with everything else. Oh well, I guess I'm just a big baby when I'm not well. TTFN

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Cold this morning at 10 degrees. Not sure what it is right now as I haven't checked. Pond is iced over except at the waterfall and around the heater at the skimer. Nice sunny day otherwise.

Brutus, Hope your health problem works out for the best.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
33 degrees. Wife said it might be wintery mix tomorrow morning early. You Yanks don't give up. Got Mayor's Assoc meeting tonight at steak house. :thumb: Speaking of ice. All the ponds around here have skim ice on them. Mine in the woods does not have any. Must be warmer in there. Protected from wind and gets a lot of northern exposure. Sun its it early and stay for a longer time. Later.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good afternoon. Brutus, heart goes out to you man. I have seen some mighty men brought to their knees with kidney stones. Better get better soon, you have a trip to make.

Jon, I've been there for the tail end of bikeweek. Have a good time, but be careful, it is crazy!

Dog certainly does not like to have to go outside to take care of business. It has warmed up, but not enough for his taste.

All this talk about the new Legacy engines has me wondering, how can I get one past SWMBO and still live? I would never sneek it, but have to make a compromize. Honey, I'll get you that new Honda Odyssey you want and then I can buy a few Legacy engines for myself...hmmm.

Anyway, hope y'all have a good one.
Dennis

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Thanks guys - it's not a bad one I guess, not that big, since it is coming out on it's own I guess. CT scan will tell, but some symptoms have stopped now which is good. Thanks to Darvocet I'm doing okay. Anyway, I appreciate it. Dennis, I'm making that trip for sure, so I hope it's all over by then, LOL!

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Dennis--
We are going to be in Orlando for 3 nights and then drive up to Daytona Friday morning (day 1) and hit the vendor area for a few hours and then head down to Vero Beach to be with friends. Would be fun to do the night scene once but it's not on the schedule, probably just as well, we would feel like the chaperones :) Plus neither one of have any tattoo's.

Jon

I don't know how he does it, but the Chief did me in again on the purchase of a bridge. He must have inside information and some clever and effective spies. Oh well, back to the drawing board.:cry:wall1hamr:v8::rippedoff:

By now you have seen that OTTS has grown by two members this year. Maybe we will get some more nominations. Just remember never to mail your nomination in from Roseyville, NC. One person has tried that and was rejected post haste.

No traffic today. Very quiet in Ohio's Capital City.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Well I reworked the old 0-54 Realtrax switch. Found several loose screws, one spring was in the wrong position and the tie bar between the points was rather loosely rivited. Corrected these items and it seems to be working fine. Now I have a spare for this position. In fact I think I have a spare for all of the Realtrax switches, that is one of each type on the layout.

I tried flying my O scale helicopter today, boy are they touchy. Made a couple of flights in the dining room (largest room in the house), only hit the ceiling one time. :thumb: Don't think I will be taking off from the layout anytime soon. :mrgreen:

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Brutus: Hope you can pass that stone before the CT scan. It'll save you a trip. I think Banilla will help.

My cousin passed away this afternoon. Yesterday am he was rushed to the hospital following seizures. Diagnosed with brain annurism, and died this afternoon. 38. No previous ailments. Please pray for his wife Sue, and his mother. Both are having a difficult time.

Bride's grandmother is in hospital, questionable outcome.

My Father's wife is undergoing cancer screening, they estimate she is in stage 4 (final stages)...but she looks and feels fine...so not sure what's going on there. CT scan was negative.

All this happened in the last couple of days. Not a good way to start the year.

Thanks,
Kurt

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Allaround loser today got a call from HR saying Everyone layed
off till Feb. 4th or when ever customers ok purchase orders and pay for work that has been done.:nope:

:wave: weighed in today lost 6 pounds total 63 in 13 weeks.

More time for trains for awhile:twisted:

Stones not good some are round and smooth others are sharp either way not comfortable to pass, realy large ones can be broken up sonicly not sure how they do that though.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
EVENING,
KURT- wow sorry about family members,you folks are getting it all at once.
I took a break from my new found power(internet upgrade) had supper watched the news and antiq, road show. but I'm back. will take a while to get use to new e-mail page, but I'll get it. Banilla for all,butter pcan for Brutus and Chewy. Goodnite,,,,,,Sir james

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Allaround loser today got a call from HR saying Everyone layed
off till Feb. 4th or when ever customers ok purchase orders and pay for work that has been done.:nope:

:wave: weighed in today lost 6 pounds total 63 in 13 weeks.

More time for trains for awhile:twisted:

Stones not good some are round and smooth others are sharp either way not comfortable to pass, realy large ones can be broken up sonicly not sure how they do that though.

Geeze - that stinks ... (great news on the weight) :) Hope everything else works out for ya!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.