Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Happy Birthday Buckeye! You look great for a guy of 85!....just kidding. Mike, congrats on the grandchild.

[#ditto]

Also glad it's just a sprain, Tom. Tired out and need to print stuff for tomorrow. Training went pretty well despite a shaky first 15 minutes (running late due to accidents and a washer laying in a lane on the highway). TTFN - maybe Banilla in a little while, we'll see how it goes - sorry :confused:

sir james

:rolleyes:Evening All,,,,My wife watches Judge Judy saw that one about the phones.The sad part,I have not heard anyone say the Bay help them get their money back. Its like do it yourself and good luck.I got my latest bay purchase today a marx NKP caboose for my shelf display, it finishes a train that the person listed everything seperate.I didn't buy the engine though as I have enough to set one with the cars. Everyone sleep well,unless your suppose to be working.....S.J.

Pooh Bah
Down here in the Miami campground, I've been having some slow times with the Gauge. And I'm using Firefox. (Had to learn MS for work after they phased out the Digital system I ran. Haven't tried Apple yet.)
Brought a couple of trains down, thinking I would run them on the picanic table. Found that picanic tables are only 30" wide.
Looks like we'll try the Railroad museum tomorrow. We have an extra 3 days waiting for a replacement power converter for the RV.

Chief Eagles

Town Board meeting over. Time for popcorn.
Buckeye has a birthday. No such thing. He was not born but hatched.
Happy Birthday old buddy.
icon_smile_whistling.gif
Later.

Chief Eagles

Alright you lazy bums. Get up and post. I hear the Yanks are getting more SNOW. :thumb::twisted: Got meetings all day. Hope to work in some trains. Have a good one.

dwiemer

Chief, I hear the big problem with a cruise, getting back to work when you get back.:rizz1: I head in a bit later, no cases, just rounds to make. Hoping daughter gets up soon so I can work on layout.
We have some second unit filming to do for the movie. Have to make sure no gaps in production. The edit room has been busy.
May everyone see the blessings around them.
Dennis

kpolak

Morning!

Trouble with computer this am...
Downloaded something really nasty, and couldn't get it out ...needed to do a system restore, and manually remove remaing parts. All back to normal, and McAfee restored, and confirms. Disabled internet connection as soon as computer said Task Manager was disabled. Then I couldn't figure how to get the connection back. Dah!

Awaiting arrival of 182 project crane! Maybe run trains...busy day.

Need to get passport photo for youngest...looks like we're going to Mexico in May for Bride's co-worker's daughter. Art class for 3-yo & food shopping...

How long does Cinco de Mayo last?

Kurt

cnw1995

Morning all. Dennis, you are so right. Hope you feel more 'on track' today, Brutus. Glad you're back online, Kurt. Thank goodness for coffee - it's sure nice to drink something hot on a bitterly cold day.

Hope you all have a good day today. I spent the commute reading a book I found in my office recently and carried around with me: The World the Railways Made, by Nicholas Faith - a nice read.

Jonadel

Happy Belated Birthday Buckeye, may all the frozen lakes open up soon so fishing season can begin by at least July. Woke up to -12 and wind chills at -30. Needed to travel to northern IA yesterday, what was I thinking? The ditches are full and and the winds were howling last night, more schools closed today, very dangerous.[FONT=arial, helvetica]
s so cold . . .

It's so cold in Iowa today that the politicians had their hands in their OWN pockets!

Jon

[/FONT]

sir james

Good Morning
The temp. is 15 sunny but staying cold.Not really any news but I wanted to say I'm here. I need to start looking for things to take to a show on Mar 2nd. Forget that I just got a call from DIL we are going to Bass Pro shop...bye,,,Sir James

jeffrey-wimberl

I loved that Youtube clip about the Ebay scammer getting hers. That was a riot.

Good morning.

It's 55 degrees here right now. We're expecting a high 66 and a bit of rain this afternoon..

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/20/2008

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 49°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SE

Through 11 AM...isolated showers will continue to develop and move northeast across the region. Rainfall amounts will average just a few hundredths of an inch.

Rest Of Today High: 68 Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then rain likely and scattered thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

P1010005-20.jpg

John Baker

Good day all, the frost here in jolly Stockport is breaking with 10degC forecast for morning but it will then rain. The cold really got to my creaky old joints and it was starting to get a little tedious.
Glad to have you back on terra-firma Chief, the guys were starting to get restless and in need of a firm hand at the throttle.
Happy Birthday Buckeye.
Damn and blast!!! A Gremlin! Smiley Central has gone AWOL!
Is it these sites? Because the same goes for Kalmbach. Nothing seems to be consistant.
Our politicians hold their open hands out, our ex-PM has made more dosh in the three months since he retired than I have made in a fifty year working life.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good evening folks

It was 25 F as I headed in this morning. Our high today was supposed to be 34 F. I am not sure we made it. It is 26 F right now and snowing. I just got back from taqking my daughter to her flute lesson. The snow is a fine dust. It is laying on the lawns and the streets are wet but no problems yet. We should be able to get our Cub Scout Den Meetings in this evening. The weather barkers are saying we will get icing overnight. Now they are also calling for up to three inches of snow on Friday.

My son went be back in school today with his finger wrapped. Knowing him he played up the sympathies with the teacher and secretaries. He is a master of flashing his baby blues in a sad way and make them feel sorry for him.

I continued sealing the trailers. I airbrushed weathered all the flat cars. Next is to complete the sealing process.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Real disaster last night - upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2008 and now my work laptop with Vista will not go to the internet at all (so I guess it is superior internet protection huh?) and Norton tech help has no idea what is causing the problem. I was on the phone with them until nearly 2 this morning (uninstall + reinstall - twice). I had recurring - yet fixable by yourself - problems with NIS 2007, so I guess Norton took care of that problem by making it completely unresolvable by yourself or them. Talking to my IS support person, looks like we are going to have to regress my PC to XP, but that is a 2 day process requiring a complete wipe of the HD and then rebuild of the system by me from scratch - so today has been a long aggravating day just preparing for this.

Do not - I repeat - do not get MS Vista - it just does not work with anything, will cost you significant personal time dealing with its glitches, and and provides absolutely no advantage over XP for any normal user who just wants to do business e-mail, write and edit documents, presentations, Excel, etc.

OK - I feel better now - - -

sir james

Good evening,
I made it back from the mall.The two grandsons love Bass Pro Shop we watched the fish we watched the ducks we looked at fishing lures we looked at the boats ,if its there we probably saw it today. This is a good sized mall with stores laid out in such a way that you walk a mile(thats just a guess) long circle to get back where you started. Of course you can cheat as some of the stores in the center have doors at both sides. but we went around. backs sore but I made it.No trains today but they are ready for me. Later,,,,S.J.

ozzy

Real disaster last night - upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2008 and now my work laptop with Vista will not go to the internet at all (so I guess it is superior internet protection huh?) and Norton tech help has no idea what is causing the problem. I was on the phone with them until nearly 2 this morning (uninstall + reinstall - twice). I had recurring - yet fixable by yourself - problems with NIS 2007, so I guess Norton took care of that problem by making it completely unresolvable by yourself or them. Talking to my IS support person, looks like we are going to have to regress my PC to XP, but that is a 2 day process requiring a complete wipe of the HD and then rebuild of the system by me from scratch - so today has been a long aggravating day just preparing for this.

Do not - I repeat - do not get MS Vista - it just does not work with anything, will cost you significant personal time dealing with its glitches, and and provides absolutely no advantage over XP for any normal user who just wants to do business e-mail, write and edit documents, presentations, Excel, etc.

OK - I feel better now - - -

but can you even get XP anymore? the wife wants a new computer but cant find new ones with xp, just vista, and we dont want it.

Brutus

Dell will ship with either XP or VISTA the last I heard. I think there are some other manufacturers doing that. Roy, I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but I think it's a NORTON problem. I used Peter Norton's software for years - up until this year on my desktop still. But they have totally screwed it up somewhere along the line and won't see another penny from me. Good luck!

All is well today, Doug - Jimmy is happy when he gets more than 2 hours of sleep. Don't know if you guys are watching the Sarrah Connors Chronicles, but I think it's great!

Ozzy - if you are buying a PC for personal use - you can only get Vista. There is another way - go to an electronics discounter in the area - many of them are still selling XP. This is your only option.

Brutus - Interestingly - if you buy a Dell PC through the corporate accounts, but only through corp accounts - they still sell XP Business and XP Pro. Very few companies are converting to Vista.

edw - had Dell support on the phone earlier - their suggestion after going through the machine is to reinstall Vista - but it requires a "clean" install - which means take everything off the HD and start from scratch, reinstalling every single program (and going out and downloading all patches from the last year for each and every program - including searching for updated drivers - because you cannot just download from the original program CD or files). If you have ever done this - it is typically 10 - 12 hours of work if not longer.

Chief Eagles

Roy, my laptop at home has Vista and does OK. My laptop at Town Hall has XP and it is OK but the thing does some funnies once and a while. Desktop here has XP. Morning all. reclinerized too long. Then had to reset internet service to get on here. Off to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.