Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpolak

You got it. They're 16 volt bulbs. I'm running them 11 - 11.5 volts.

I hooked up my 18v lamps in the 2338 to the motor posts, one each side. The motor runs at about 8-9v, and provides a nice amount of light. The result is the forward post runs at track voltage, and the rear lamp runs about half track voltage looking more like a marker. Lights change intensity with the reverse directions. So I get a headlight and rear marker light that change with forward and reverse.

Hope that makes sense.

Kurt

cnw1995

Morning all. I am hosting some five year olds whilst their moms go off with my bride to Iowa of all places for the weekend. Hope to get serious train time tonight and tomorrow after the youngest goes to bed as the teens are also busy - heck, we'll run trains when he's up too but I want to do some trackwork rearranging. Good dinner last night, made it to mid-week church, and then ran around getting everything ready. Hope to, but don't expect to get much work done with the kids around before their dads get here later this afternoon. Stripes is a classic movie. The bride bought me 'When Harry Met Sally' as a V-day gift. Haven't seen it in years.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 56 degrees here this morning. We're expecting a high of 63 and a touch of rain this afternoon.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/15/2008

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 53°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph ESE

Now through 10:00 AM CST February 15, 2008

Through 10 AM...patches of light rain and drizzle will move northeast at 25 mph across portions of southeast Texas...southwest and west central Louisiana. Rainfall amounts are only expected to range from a trace to a few hundredths of an inch.

Today High: 68 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds becoming east around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Tonight Low: 58 Cloudy with chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 50s. East winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

248.jpg

247.jpg

245.jpg

244.jpg

sir james

MORNING ALL
I got to say we have a great host here but the site sucks. Oh it comes on and there it sits STUCK. sometimes I wait and then it finally works and other times it won't.:confused:
Anyway we have sun this morning a train show tomorrow if I go, very cold tonite and tomorrow. temps going up and down, no pattern. A good day to stay in and run some trains,so thats what I'll do. S.J.

Morning all!

For once a day without endless mind numbing meetings. The bride and I are going for our weekly Friday lunch today.

The V-Day dinner did not go extremely well as our daughter showed up too late to eat and we had schedule a late dinner just so she could attend. It turns out she stopped at a store for extra V-Day stuff - not realizing that her mom would rather have her at dinner than having an extra card. :cry:

Cloudy and getting cold here - low 40s today. Light rain later today and heavier rain tomorrow. The good news is we do not have a soccer game tomorrow. First game is Tuesday evening. Will be warmer by then!

Doug - just terrible about those shootings in your area. Prayers for the victims and families.

Jeffrey - that first photo today is a real keeper - nice shot!

Brutus - congrats on your son making it to Boy Scouts!

Hope yuz giz have a great day!
Roy

dbaker48

Roy - If you still see George, pass on to him, That I still think of him when I run the Mikado. It still amazes me that within 5 minutes of meeting him. And when he asked what was I looking for at York, and he said, OH come with me. Took me over to that building, found the aisle, then asked the guy at the table, "Do you still have the Mikado under the table?" Amazing...... Still my favorite engine, even over the Big Boy, and Cab Forward.

Take Care !!!!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good afternoon folks

Couldn’t get here before now. It has been one those days/weeks. Worked, worked, worked all week on a project but at the end of the week I am still where I was Monday.

It was 32 F as I left this morning. First morning in a while that I did not have to deal with below freezing and icy roads. The high today will be 50 F. Then we will be back down in the thirties and then back into the fifties. We seem to be on a temperature roller coaster the next week or so.

No modeling last night. My wife had to work late so we just had a simple dinner at home and exchanged gifts. I picked up my new glasses yesterday and I am trying to get used them. I have joined the world of bifocals and I have to keep reminding myself to use them.

We have a busy weekend. On Saturday we have our Cub Scout Sleepover at the Delaware Museum of Natural History. On Sunday both kids have basketball games. It looks like I am (being) volunteered to help with making centerpieces for our upcoming Blue and Gold Banquet and some of help will require using the airbrush.

I would like to finish weathering all the TOFCs and other flat cars.

We are about ready to head out with my son to his guitar lesson and then grab some dinner.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

cnw1995

Whew - frantic day today - watched small fry all day - picked up other small fry at buses when their parents were stuck in traffic, barely got the middle boy packed and off to his church trip, now have a house full of girls getting ready for a dance. Have to feed 'em too. Worked too - fortunate this is not-a-normal day. Looking forward to train time in a few hours...

dbaker48

Chuck - No I was looking for Jeff Green and Ricky Rudd in the line-up, couldnt find them. I thought they were on your team.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Don, Jeff Green and Ricky Rudd didn't qualify. There is no information on Fantasy for them. I have them in the Garage.

Ok - there's something I didnt think of.... neither Rudd or green are listed on the NASCAR site as drivers this year... wait till the game gets to the Draft section on Tuesday - maybe you'll be able to pick 2 new drivers.. :( At least that's how it's described in the rules.. :( :( :(

Ok - there's something I didnt think of.... neither Rudd or green are listed on the NASCAR site as drivers this year... wait till the game gets to the Draft section on Tuesday - maybe you'll be able to pick 2 new drivers.. :( At least that's how it's described in the rules.. :( :( :(

Oakey Dokey........

Brutus

Tonight, I took my little girl to the Father-daughter dance at school and had a good time. There is another one for girlscouts on Sunday - woohoo! Training starts on Tuesday, this time I'm the trainer, so trying to fight off a little anxiety - I'm really sure it will be fine, but I am just have trouble turning it off after running around all week getting stuff ready as some of the folks seem to be in a panic for some reason
icon_smile_sigh.gif
Hope to sleep good tonight, though
icon_smile_zzz.gif

FiL likes toy trains, so hope to run my newest stuff for him while they are visting - I think he'll get a real kick out of the protosounds on my 19th C train esp!

Doug - Harry/Sally is a great movie - an instant classic when it came out! SOunds like you had your hands full today - hope you are enjoying a nice date night, or is your wife out of town (I think you said she was doing something this weekend)? Sorry, I'm a little dazed at the end of a very busy week.

Thanks Roy - He's really excited and they are starting right up with stuff, unfortunately he can't go skiing Sunday, need to visit my Mom.

RT, I'll bet Chief is missing his recliner about now? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.