Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

No emails so thought it was something I said - which is the usual cause. Cool, had me worried for a minute or two! Glad all is well.

cnw1995

Morning all. Sir James, that's good to know. Here they use trucks and drive right up to the box. But I wanted to clear everything out for them. Temp dropping already - supposed to hit a high of ... 4 tomorrow. The high. Sigh. With the wind from Iowa, they're talking 35 below. Rats. Well, it could be worse. I'm ready to tackle taxes.

sir james

Its the same with the mail trucks. Has to be a safe path. The P.O. will hold the carrier responsible if there is an avoidable accident.

Afternoon all!

Beautiful and sunny here today. MIght hit 70 but it better hurry if that is gonna happen.

Feelin' lazy today and the wife is out til 5 - so I can followup on this lack of productivity with no problem!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Roy

cnw1995

We got mail. So I must've cleared enough of the ice. Stupid plows. Finished taxes. Still wish to continue living. Time for trains or a nap. ;)

CSXect

Got the latest atlas all scale catolog today:thumb: they had a lot of N and HO stuff up front and O in the back of catalogwall1

I think I will get some GP 9's B&O and C&O If I get a decent refund:rolleyes:

Chicargo must have annexed Columbus as it is very windy today:nope:

:wave: later

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good evening folks

We got in from grocery shopping about an hour ago. I finally have some time to sit down and relax before the next round begins. My daughter is not going to basketball practice tonight. She is down with the virus. I am trying to stay well but I feel it is coming on. My son has his basketball game in about an hour.

I have to hit Wal-mart or Kmart tonight and get new windshield wiper blades for the van and look around for some Valentine Day’s gifts.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

Jonadel

I was afraid last night when I wrote that NASCAR comment I would be stepping on too many toes but it looks like some of you feel the same way.

This is way off topic but it just irritates me. I am a huge baseball fan and it just kills me to see the unbelievable salaries that men earn playing a kids game and it's in all sports. What bothers me most is to see families go to a game maybe once or twice a year because that's all they can afford. In the early 80's we used to take our boys (2) to MPLS to see the Twins, great time every time but it was still expensive and we had to plan accordingly. Now when I got to a Twins game it's nothing to pay $42 for a ticket and don't go thirsty, a beer is $6, something is out of whack. We are very fortunate in the Des Moines area to have AAA baseball, what a bargain and just as much fun. A great ticket for less than $10 but don't go thirsty, same song--2nd verse.

So what does this have to do with trains? I sincerely hope that the train companies will consider the kids first and us geezers second. Period. End of sermon.

Jon

I was afraid last night when I wrote that NASCAR comment I would be stepping on too many toes but it looks like some of you feel the same way.

This is way off topic but it just irritates me. I am a huge baseball fan and it just kills me to see the unbelievable salaries that men earn playing a kids game and it's in all sports. What bothers me most is to see families go to a game maybe once or twice a year because that's all they can afford. In the early 80's we used to take our boys (2) to MPLS to see the Twins, great time every time but it was still expensive and we had to plan accordingly. Now when I got to a Twins game it's nothing to pay $42 for a ticket and don't go thirsty, a beer is $6, something is out of whack. We are very fortunate in the Des Moines area to have AAA baseball, what a bargain and just as much fun. A great ticket for less than $10 but don't go thirsty, same song--2nd verse.

So what does this have to do with trains? I sincerely hope that the train companies will consider the kids first and us geezers second. Period. End of sermon.

Jon
AMEN

Chief Eagles

Snow, did someone mention snow????? What is snow???? OH that white stuff I saw in Yankeeland [Utah]. :eek: Almost 70 if it did not go above today. :mrgreen::thumb:
Back from Mom's and Miss Edna's. Wife had house full of women at 10 AM when I left. Reason I did not post this AM was had to do plumbing repair early this AM before her guests came. While I was gone, all the women insisted on going up and seeing the trains. Of course the wife knew nothing about them except they were trains. Some were not believing they went through the walls. :cry: The Commander Curise and Sound kits came today. Popcorn time. Later.

jefelectric

Good evening,

Chief, Which engines are getting the sound and cruise kits.

Actually ran some trains today. As Laz would say no pile-ups.

Jon, I agree with you. Years ago we used to go to the occasional Eagles game, no more.

I still haven't gotten my new Atlas catalog, even though I do belong to the club. I did look through a copy at a LHS on Tuesday. Not a whole lot for me this time around.

I have decided that I am not going to pre-order anything in the Lionel catalog either. Will wait to see what MTH has coming. I have found that if I leave a LHS know I want something at shipping time, even if I don't pre-order I can still get it. May cost a little more, but at least I don't end up with something I don't want.

Brutus

Got the back wall insulated today. Also got Buford (BFOC) glued up and working with plenty of lube on the drivers. Ran for a good long while, No Pileup :rolleyes:

cnw1995

A productive day, Brutus! Agree, Jon. I love the White Sox, but boy, it's pricey - and I try all the tricks like half-price Monday, upper-upper deck, eat-at-home, buy-peanuts-outside, etc. And forget the NFL and big-time college. Good thing there's great high school and minor-college sports! Oh well - not as cold or windy as I supposed. Have a few more crosswords to do. Went out for supper with some old friends, then visited their spectacularly-huge-new house for a while.

ozzy

wow,,, i just dont believe it, the boy if finally taking an interest in trains, getting him to come with me to train club was like pulling teeth before,, but today he had a blast and wants to go back monday,,, lol he got to run the trains most of the time, now he is going through my books for an train of his own. he has it down to 3 sets he likes,

Brutus

My son was going through the new Lionel catalog and told me he'd really like that phantom one (the sci-fi/alien looking train)... Not really in my plans though.

Doug - big house means room for a big layout, right?

Chief Eagles

Evening all. John, the two GP9's [one I repainted and decaled NS] that I have Digital Dynamics mini commanders in. Moving those to two small cheap switchers I have with electronic reversing units. The third is going in a late 70's U36B where the Pullmor motor was removed, pans weled in the holes and can motors installed. This will now make this old Uboat run like a new unit. Guy never finished the project. Same guy who gave me the new MTH E-6's [guess that was pay for him not finishing after 4 years of promising]. Hope to find someone who can weld in the pans in the other two. Have the motors and trucks.
Poor Lee [Phillyreading]. Got his head up his butt again. Talking about something he has been mislead in. Johnson Controls makes a fair charger with Diehard brand on them. Funny, he has "had a short course by Johnson Controls". Just shuck his foot in his mouth with that one. bounce7 I get disturbed when somone tells someone something that is completely wrong.

Chuck, you are right about that guy I asked the questions of. Same SA answer as his buddy would give.

Good night all.

dwiemer

Good Early Morning everyone. Up late as I have been copying disks for the bride. She has to go print some photos off. I am really tired and I have to do lights for tomorrow's services. Had a good night, took a guy who is helping with the digital edit of the movie out for dinner with the family. Neat person. He is from Chicago and actually developed the program for digital movie edits for Apple. Even with all he has going for him, his passion is to make Christian movies.
Chief, hope all is well with the Plumbing. As for the method of de-icing the door locks, I would go a different route as you may get frost bite on some areas that would be tough to place to suffer damage.
Heading to bed. Y'all have a great week ahead.
God Bless,
Dennis

John Baker

Jon
It's the same over here, Haven't been to a game of Footie since I was in my 20s. (69 and grumpier than ever).:curse:
Had to dismantle Lionel, it was getting in the way, may sell? :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.