Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1995

Morning all. Off to a meeting. Warmer here: 30s. Feels like summer. Brutus, have a good flight. You too, Chief! Buckeye, would you let us know what you hear about the Beeps? Re-doing some of the signage for the layout.

dbaker48

Good Morning (gurgle, gurgle), still raining here! Some significant down pours yesterday, old gauge is over 3.5, have to empty it soon. Latest forecast if for rain through Saturday. Need to get a boat! Best news is you don't have to shovel it !!

cnw1995

Wow, that's a lot of water. Glad you're afloat, Don.
On the way in to Chicago this morning, watched the last remnants of an old rail-served coal dock get razed. I like to ferret out rail-served industries and other old sidings along my commuter line. There's still a wealth of things out there - old dairies, lifted spur lines, etc.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/28/2008

Wind Chill: 40°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 43°F

So Far Today
High: 43°F
Low: 34°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph S

Rest Of Today High: 65 Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain showers after midnight. Warmer. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010015-2.jpg

kpolak

MadHatter: Sounds like a great area! Are there areas to Scuba Dive around you? Another hobby of mine, from my past (single) life, but I still have all my gear, just in case the opportunity should arise. Bride doesn't mind spending a morning on a boat, when I go diving.

Met a really nice family just moved to Michigan from Strausburgh Germany, at the Church newbie lunch.

Tearing apart Christmas layout...sad day. Will try to work on some of the office layout this evening.

Kurt

cnw1995

Kurt, you and MadHatter would like a 'lake' being developed - for the past decade - in our town. A former gravel quarry (our county is full of 'em); it is super deep with incredibly clean water - supposedly the cleanest in three states. Doesn't say much when you're talking Illinois. Gigantic fish too. All posted off whilst the town figures out what to do with it. Supposed to sink some stuff in its depths to allow scuba-divers to explore. Only 321-ish days until next Christmas

Afternoon all!

Warmer here today. 56, but might hit 70? It is gonna have to hurry up for 70 to happen. Very windy and cloudy.

Doug - you'll be interested to know I had a nice time with my daughter yesterday as we spent about 1.5 hours getting all the shoe polish off her car's windshield and windows. Her friends have "hit" her several times over the last couple of months and the weather had been too cold to get out there and get it all off (other than the windshield). This is the most time my daughter and I have spent together in the last year I think. The down side is the shoe polish is so tough to remove, I ended up using my pen knife to scrape off a lot of the thick spots.

Got a letter from LCCA over the weekend that the 209 NH repro passenger set is delayed again - maybe April. It was supposed to be my Christmas present this year - I guess it becomes my easter present???

Have a great day all!
Roy

cnw1995

Ah, Roy, you made my day. Shoe polish is a new one. And here I thought I was the only dad spending quality time with my daughter around low-grades, driving, and tonight, lack-of-job discussions. ;)

Doug,

Yes - we have most of those conversations you mention also - minus the one about a job. We got to revisit the low grades conversation just this weekend with her report card that came home Friday :cry:.

I am not sure the job she has is really a job, but they pay her and she likes it. She works at a place that does make-up and hair makeovers for the pre-teen set. It is at one of the up-scale malls here so she gets to shop with her new found earnings.

My wife and I decided to make her completely pay for her own gas for the car. At this time we are not making her save money so she can use the left over earnings (which is not much after the gas) for stuff for herself. She knows that in a few months we will ask her to start putting some into her savings account.

sir james

Evening all. rain headed this way,ahh don't have to shovel rain. took a trip to the new super Wal mart I had hoped to save a little grocery money but no about the same as the store we have been shopping at. ran a couple of lionels today and put sprung trucks on the cheap DT&I hopper I bought yesterday. Its 41 degrees and the snow is melting the rain may finish it. Of course we know the snow will return before long. Stay well,,,Sir James

kpolak

Doug: I did my open water certification in Gilboa? Quarry in northern Ohizo! We took frozen peas for the fish! Talk about a feeding frenzy! Water was really clear...and really cold. They sunk a school bus, a few 25-foot boats, and a number of large culverts to swim through. I believe it has been filled in and is home to new houses.

Back home after a 2-hour visit in a 75-degree Doctor's office for the girls. :cry: Well baby, and vaccinations...the visit only lasted abiout 15-minutes including shots for both girls. They should sleep well tonight.

Sir James: I love those sprung trucks!

Kurt

sir james

:wave: Good Evening all. doesn't seem to be many around tonite,Kurt I put those trucks on a lot of MPC it gives them a little more of a solid feeling. It's raining and 41 tonite a good nite to play with trains, maybe that is were everyone is. Sir James

Brutus

Hello from Sunny Orlando, where it is dark out and an hour later than American Time back in Missouri :mrgreen:

Can download emails, but can't reply or send using outlook, I guess Charter doesn't like me trying to send from a different IP??? Can read and stuff online though, but don't have email addresses stored in the online doohicky.

I'll call Dennis tomorrow after work, which they said would be done at 5PM. I hope they let us off early for good behavior, but it's a contract company doing the training so we'll see.

No snow in Florida, Chief!? :eek:

Hey Sir James, I can't run trains - oh, wait, I still need to drop off some passengers in Japan on MS Trains :twisted:

CSXect

I have been researching how to use pop cans and used oil(cooking) and or motor oil to cast train parts very interesting subjet somehow if I built a furnace in my backyard my neigbors might not like it:shock: pewter melts lower temp, what is so called white metal??

All I need is another hobby:rolleyes:

dbaker48

Evening all ! Worked on layout a bit tonight, and organized some documents. Got tomorrow off work so will be able to get more done! Neighbors have 30 foot Cypress tress, they are having a tree trimmer out so here to protect train room. Will probably be a real mess.

Chief should be back in the morning, assuming he didn't get snowed in at the airport in Idaho/Washington.

Everytime I go out to the train room, I find more to do, not less. Will it ever get finished????? I doubt it. Night all !!

ozzy

2:47 am here, cant sleep, im bug eyed awake, cant run trains now as i would wake up the wife. nothing on tv.c its better that i stay off ebay....lol

big uproar at train club, a member pulled out 3 of his modulars in the ho layout, this was an founding member and former president. he said the club has strayed from its original purpose. he wrote a 4 page letter listing and explaining his reasons, we went over all of it tonight to see what other members thought and what kind of changes could be made to fix each thing, or if the membership thinks there needs to be a change. so far i liked the over all out come of the meeting tonight.

kpolak

:wave: Good Evening all. doesn't seem to be many around tonite,Kurt I put those trucks on a lot of MPC it gives them a little more of a solid feeling.

Sir James: I've been doing the same! The MPC cars with the new trucks don't get pulled off the track when I add them to the front with a bunch of PW behind. I only have the 31-inch turns.

Kurt

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 30 F as I left the driveway. There was a light mist at times on the way in. The temperature was fluctuating between 30 F and 33 F so I was a little nervous about the possibility of hitting an icy patch but the roads stayed clear. Now I just noticed the NWS has posted a Freezing Rain Advisory for all the counties around us except Philadelphia and Delaware. The heavier rain is supposed to come in later tonight. Expected high is 47 F.

No modeling last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Jonadel

Good Morning,

Sing along "What A Difference a Day Makes", good grief. Last night I was grilling in shirt sleeves--56 wonderful degrees, during the night I heard twigs hitting the windows along with a howling wind. The temps dropped all night, it is now 23 and schools are closed north of us because the roads froze over after the big thaw. It hasn't started snowing here yet, perhaps in 90 minutes. Look out Doug, it's headed your way and you may suffer the brunt of it, blizzard like conditions, UFF DA. I think the logical consequence of all of this is to run trains today :thumb:

Jon

sir james

MORNING ALL
Jon that sounds like what our forcasters are saying. 40s today,wind adv. for tonite and a high of 22 tomorrow. Its a dark overcast this AM. I have CTT to read got it a few days ago but haven't sat still long enough to look at it. Everyone stay warm ,,,,,,Sir James

Status
Not open for further replies.