Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Onlly 8:44 here. Body says 11:44. Had great dinner and chat with Pigseye. Tim is a great guy. Has his layout taken apart and trains stored. Waiting to build his new house. Put the bait into him to move to Asheville NC is a few. Told him even Buckeye liked the Asheville area. :eek: Still cold and streets frozen over. Sun came out and melted the snow and ice but as soon as the sun moved west, frozen as temps never got above freezing. No Buckeye, I figured since I had pneumonia, I'd come to northern ID and get rid of it. :rolleyes: Off to bed. Have a good one.

Krawler

Hey Chief,

You out here in Post Falls, Idaho? Get me a time and I'll get over to the store and buy ya a soda at the restaurant.

Shane

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Thanks for asking, but we didn't go on one- cash flow. :-(

But we're saving up to do something in December.

Also, Baby is on the way, due 8th of June, 90% gonna be a boy! I'm happy, hope he'll love trains or wargames, like I do... :mrgreen:

kpolak

Ozzy: Get well soon! Glad operation went well!

MadHatter: I'm always curious where people in other countries go on holiday. Where do you go?

Kurt

Ozzy...Glad everything went well. Do not think that if the pain has subsided that you can quit taking the pain medication. Take the medication! Been there, done that!

Chief...Yes I did like the Ashville area. I'm working with my congressman to get it to be part of Ohio since so many rich people from the North live there. He thought it was a great idea. :mrgreen:

I'm glad the Chief was able to hook up with Pigseye. He is the best model train bridge builder in the business.:thumb:

Krawler...Be careful!!

ozzy

got up here, at 6:30am, had to pee, going up and down stairs is not fun, needed a rest before i go back up so i logged on here. pain is worse, i think the iv pain killers from the hospital have run there course, so took some more of the pills they gave me. im on a 10 pound limit so much for moving box's of trains around. maybe a car at a time...lol

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
got up here, at 6:30am, had to pee, going up and down stairs is not fun, needed a rest before i go back up so i logged on here. pain is worse, i think the iv pain killers from the hospital have run there course, so took some more of the pills they gave me. im on a 10 pound limit so much for moving box's of trains around. maybe a car at a time...lol

Ouch!! Take care there Ozzy!! Like has been said - don't go off the pain pills.. Enjoy them as much as you can :rolleyes:

Let us know how you're doing.. :D

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
24 and cloudy with a little bit o flurries this morning. Cleaned track and ran trains last nite for 2 hrs, all great NO PILE UPS! I had to change a section of track, didn't like the s curve, I noticed some shavings of metal and did not want to harm engines. Runs more effecient now.
OZZY, get well.
Have a good one,
laz57

steamhead

Ozzie....take it easy. Though you may feel up to a good many things...the body ain't. Hope you feel better, and like it's been said...pain pills may lessen the discomfort, but they don't heal...Get better soon..!!

Good Morning All................
Cold and cloudy. Not as cold as the last few days. Going up to a hot 34 degrees. LOL
Ozzy............... Take those pain pills. Before the pain.
Busy around the house today. Will run trains later.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 38 degrees here and wet (not surprising, this is Louisiana after all). We're expecting a high 0f 50 this afternoon under partly cloudy skies.
Been working on the layout for the past week. That's been almost like work! One of my neighbors says I've been busier than a pair of jumper cables at a hillbillie funeral.!

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/26/2008

Wind Chill: 33°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 37°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 37°F
Rain: 0.05"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph NNE

Today High: 55 Decreasing clouds. Not as cool. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 35 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.

P1010005-17.jpg

cnw1995

Morning all. Glad to hear about Tim.

Ozzy, heal up - your bride is probably right. ;)

Off to the mall to walk around with the family.

Chief Eagles

Hey Chief,

You out here in Post Falls, Idaho? Get me a time and I'll get over to the store and buy ya a soda at the restaurant.

Shane
I will be there from 11 AM until say 1 or so. Then wil take a break. Go to marine dept and look in the charger area. If not there, hang around as if I get bored, I will wonder the store instead of standing in one area. Hope to see you.

Morning all. Morning here. Very cloudy. Found out why this is a big Holiday Inn and so far from Interstate. It is attached to an enclosed waterworld. Hotel was empty when I got here. Last night when I got back from eating with Pigseye, parking lot was full. Ten million little munchkins running all over the place. Had to call front desk on neighboring room. Kids had TV so loud it woke me up at 12:30 AM. Could hear it all over the hall too. Kids and parents were running up and down the hall at that time in bathing suits. Got quite after I called. Free breakfast??? Can't get in the breakfast room for munchkins running all over the place. Do parents NOT make their kids behave anymore. Just sit there and ignore them and let them run wild.
icon_smile_banghead.gif
Off to the store. BTW: cold and cloudy. Snow on the way.

Brutus

Ozzy, listen to your wife and take it easy, plenty of time for trains later... Madhatter, congrats on the pregnancy! Got up at 5 AM and stopped for donuts at Harters, a great little bakery near my house. Co-workers really liked that treat - I bought enough for all to have 3 donuts. Girls didn't eat as much so there were 12 left over for Monday. I have to admit, I ate 3 of them - but they were sooooo gooood

WOrked 6 hours - cases that were set aside for OT. Well, they were picked over, that's what I think. Why do people cheat and rob time/work from people they have to work with for years and years. No brains, I guess :confused:

Krawler

Hi Chief

Woke up this am sick and wife had class till noon. So I will slip over tomorrow afternoon instead. And welcome to great Northwest where our plow trucks don't plow and they half treat the roads.*LOL* Although Idaho might be better then WA.

Ozzy man get feeling better soon.

Madhatter Congrats on the great news!

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Hi Kurt

I was actually born in Cape Town 1500km (999miles) away from where I stay now, and my whole family stays down there (It's the bottom most tip of Africa), the coast.

Lots of people prefere to go to the warmer waters of the Indian Ocean and a place more closer to Gauteng (Johannesburg), known as Durban, Cape Town has the Atlantic.

But, there is also the Kruger National Park and Sun City up North or local B&Bs West. (Local being 30km).

I hear From family friends in the US that it's cheaper to come to South Africa for holiday than locally in the States.

Also close by is the worlds highest bungee jump.

A new thing now to the South East (East London) is fake snow, where people can ski and snow board- since it hardly ever snows here.

You can also go over the border to Zimbabwe, to see Victoria Falls or North West to Namibia to go Quad Biking over the Dunes.

A few places that I'd LOVE to go is Germany (Namibia is a slice of it actually, used to be known as German South West Africa) and to see Rome.

Status
Not open for further replies.