Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1995

Laz, I have a collection of 'em - I also save the sound chips and activation boards. Not sure what to use them for yet - I was thinking more of expanding the old MRC Sound box I have someday. It's the old one that came with just a speaker itself for which you made the speaker box.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.
35 degrees here at this time with a wind chill of 29. The wind chill is even lower here, about 25 because of the wind coming off the lake. Also getting quite a bit of rain today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/25/2008

Wind Chill: 29°F
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 27°F

So Far Today
High: 38°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph NNE

Now through 11:00 AM CST January 25, 2008

Through 11 AM...moderate rain will spread out of southwest Louisiana and coastal acadiana. This rain will taper off over southeast Texas. Amounts up to a quarter inch can be expected south of a line from Buna and Longville over to Ville Platte by 11 AM. Occasionally rainfall rates will reach a half inch an hour. Rain should get under way around Lafayette by 10 AM.

Today High: 42 Cloudy. Chance of rain in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 38 Rain in the evening...then chance of rain after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s. East winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 80 percent.

P1010012-4.jpg

Morning all.

Don, What a rainbow! Weird seeing green grass and is that a palm tree? Good fix, Laz - amazing what can be found to reuse in an old computer. Brutus, no going around hatless in this weather. Sounded instead like a good excuse to stay home today.

Doug, we have sunshine, don't you?
blizzard-01-l.jpg

dbaker48

Doug, Yes there are palm trees in the background on the left side of the street, then Cypress tress on the right side. (tallest ones).

Buckeye, I can understand putting insulation on the roof, but the outside? And why do you have it in the front of the house?

Had to pump water out of the pool today, from all the rain.

Chief Eagles

Afternoon. Been having troubles with internet connecions here. Now shows I am connected but will not connect. First hotel I have had such a problem. Probably the server does not speak SOUTHERN. :curse: Cold and frozen snow on all streets. Interstate and major highways are OK. Parking lots are a zoo. Tim coming in to town for dinner. Hae a good one.

sir james

Evening All
Well I ran the NYC F3 That I made from parts,the Wms.GP38 I bought sunday, and the HWX. Had one coach with coupler that would not stay closed,so I changed the plastic armature and that fixed that.CTT arrived today but I have not thumbed it yet.I like to look through and then read.
Tv laptop and phone now all hooked on cable so I will be at their mercy when the price guarantee runs out. later,,,,,,,Sir James :wave:

Good Evening..........
Cold day. But not as cold as Idaho. Little snow on the ground. But not as much as Idaho. Sunny tomorrow. Snow in Idaho. Hmmmmm........
Getting a fish smell again in another area.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Hey everyone, just auick check-in, so typing may be a little wonky. back fromsurgery, went better than hoped, although eye is very sore and hurts abit whenever I move my head. Doc said I should be able to go to train show :D

(still under the weather) CNWman

CNW...Have you been to Davis trains as of late? How does it compare to the old store?

Chuck....Why did the Chief choose to go to Idaho in January? :winter1: Did he think that Idaho was part of the Hawaiian Island chain? hamr I smelled the odor, too.:(

Brutus

Prayers for Ozzy and CNW to recover quickly. Madhatter, welcome back and congratulations, too :wave: Nice pic, Buckeye :mrgreen: St. Louis was cold today, but nothing like IDAHO, LOL Nice pics Kurt, Don and Jeffrey! Wish Tom and Frank53 would post daily pics again, kinda miss it! Doug M - never saw a Moonbow, how weird?!

Hmmm, I've got some Key Lime pie for desert! Doug, you should get some of this for date night some time, I'll bet you two would love it!

jefelectric

Morning friends. Like Jon said, too cold here too. Hope we get the 40s mentioned. Watching a few five-year-olds whilst attempting to work at the same time. Happy for the work.

John, it must be wonderful to run through those old photos - what have you seen? Just layout shots? I visited a link from the OGR forum to a Library of Congress site with color photos from the '40s of C&NW's Proviso yard and the old IC freight yards on the lakefront. It was amazing to browse. Color does something. Hope to pick up Scenic tacky glue later for Thomas' lanterns.

Doug, Pictures are all model/toy train related. They pass on the prototype pictures. My assignment is to go over them and identify, if possible the train items in the pictures. They vary from layouts to riding type train toys. One batch was mostly from Germany, writing on back of a lot was in german. Lucky the librarian once lived in germany and could translate for me. With all of the research materials in the library, I can usually identify just about anything that is a clear image, just takes time. All of this info is then entered into a photograph database that can be searched on many topics. For instance you could do a search for all photos from the 1940s that contain a Lionel 2025.

Interesting day here today. Whatever is going around hit my wife today, been sick all day. Not much fun. Three of the granddaugters have been sick and quite a few at wife's office. Hope I manage to escape but probably will not.

Completed a project to add a Lionel brick to the layout. Now have six power districts. Set up one meter with a selctor switch so I can check voltage and current on the two 180w bricks.

Transplanted 35 seedling geraniums in the greenhouse today. Have another batch to do in a day or so.

Chief, What were you thinking, traveling north this time of year. Should have gone to Florida or California.

ozzy

8:30 pm,,, i just walked in the door. surgery lasted an hour, everything went good, had a small leak in my lung after they closed my lung up so i had to stay there a few hours longer then planned. leak healed its self in that time tho. pain not to bad, but im loopy right now anyway....lol

Pooh Bah
We're back on the move again. I can now recommend a top-notch motor home repairman in Atlanta area.
When does this southern weather kick in? It's supposed to blow freezing again tonight.

Brutus

Welcome back, Ozzy - hang in there and take those pain pills! Once the pain starts, it's harder to make it go away! No running trains while you're impaired!

sir james

Everyone get better fast as possible. I hope everything goes well for those healing. Bed begining to becken so I'll be heading that way,goodnite all,goodnite Chewy,,,,,,,Sir James

cnw1995

That sure is a neat project, John.

Great idea, Brutus, I'll have some. Back from date night - dinner and visit to B&N to browse train mags (for me) and cookbooks (for my bride). Cheap date.

Ozzy, take care.

Glad you're on the move again, David. C'mon back north. It's only 2 here. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.