Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laz57

Hi GIZ,
28 and cold here to get BIG SNOW on friday.??????
Well NO CAT FIGHTS this morning. One girls is thrown out o school for 3 days and the other one is here, little banged up but here. DENNIS yep, I agree girls are tougher meaner fighters then the boys. No trains last nite got caught up on reading my magazines. I'm still behind.
Bgood,
laz57

jeffrey-wimberl

Currently it's 42 here with an expected high of 65 this afternoon under partly cloudy skies. I have a doctors appointment to go to later this morning so I'll leave with this.
P1010022-1.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
jeffery- did you number your engine for James Bond? Just curious, for that is IMO one of your BEST works!:thumb:

Meanwhile, It's been crazy with the weather over here in SNOHIO:winter1:. Last week it was 40 something, then the murcury shoots up to the 70's and just two days ago it dropped back down again to 40 and brought a good inch or so of snow!:eek: It's also exam week for me, and luckily my exams today weren't to bad, plus I get to skip tomorow. I don't get to escape January unscratched though, because I have to have eye surgery on the 25th:cry:. At least I can relax today:mrgreen:

Cheers,
CNWman

jefelectric

Good afternoon guys,
I spent most of the day working on train storage shelves, to be placed under one end of my layout. It is a long project as I started with some old rough sawn lumber from my FIL's farm many years ago. Have it all planed, next I have to edge it on the jointer.

Weather here has also taken a turn for the worse, typical January so can't complain. We are to have lows in the low teens by the weekend and hights in the 20s. The high here today was 38. Did have a snow flurry that turned the ground white for a while just after lunch.

Got an ache in my left shoulder, not used to tossing lumber around any more. :mrgreen:

Don, you do look very relaxed in the Chief's picture. BTW, I see the Sheriff in the next county has turned in his badge. To bad you don't live there you could mimic the Chief and run for office. :thumb:

Jeffrey, I really like that 007 Steamer. Actually I liked the diesel better in the orginal paint. :yep:

Chief Eagles

Back from Mom's. Went by and saw buddy's MASSIVE layout.:thumb: Bet he has over 100 engines. No telling how many cars. Has palce called OLDIE GOLDIE. Sells replacement parts for older vehicles [mainly Chevies]. Upstairs over his warehouse is his layout. Going to run tains until Commanche Moon comes on at 9. Wife gone to play. Had to reload my Legacy base this AM.wall1

sir james

Evening All,Evening Chief, not an eventful day but still here so that counts. never got very warm today(33) but the sun melted most of the snow. Didn't get to the train room but I know its still there. Not much else going on except the primary that the democrats boycotted. I don't like the idea that the party can tell the canidates what to do and they listen. Its no wonder nothing gets done. I'm not taking sides here,just my open thoughts. we all have our own choices to make. Sir James

jefelectric

Good evening,

Chief, Sounds like you need to trade that Legacy in on a DCS setup! :thumb:

Don, Here are some pics of my latest. PRR D-16 and 4 - Wood sided coaches. All MTH of course. (Just said that to agrivate the Chief)

It really runs nice, good sound and smoke.

47b8df34b3127cceb39101f3327c00000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b8df34b3127cceb3910618720c00000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

And before I get any comments, Yes those are the Pennsylvania Alps in the background. :rolleyes:

They came with a few passengers, I want to add some more. Have to take one of the coaches apart as one of the female passengers has come unglued. :mrgreen:

Brutus

Man, that's a sweet 4-4-0 locomotive and cars there John!

Sir James, somebody told me a couple weeks ago that MO was next for these politicians, but apparently that was totally wrong as they seem to be seeping across our great nation at a glacial pace, sucking the life from all they see. They must be getting closer to me casa, though, as we are getting all kinds of helpful and informational telephone calls now.

Nice pic, Jeffrey, hope the doc had some good news for you.

Tom (Spankybird), nice pics of the layout!

No Dr. John or Frank53 lately?

jeffrey-wimberl

jeffery- did you number your engine for James Bond? Just curious, for that is IMO one of your BEST works!:thumb:
Thanks CNWman. The answer is yes. I'm a die-hard James Bond fan.

Jeffrey, I really like that 007 Steamer. Actually I liked the diesel better in the orginal paint. :yep:
Thanks John. I had a choice on that one. I could leave it as L&N and leave it on the shelf (as I don't run L&N) or I could repaint it and use it. :^)

Nice pic, Jeffrey, hope the doc had some good news for you.
Thanks Brutus. The doc says my foot is looking good and to keep on doing what I'm doing.

sir james

Brutus-I believe the next round has several states with elections on the same day. the phone rang all day yesterday,caller ID helped,and of course this thing uses the phone line so that stopped a few. I hope my post was not considerd politics sometimes thoughts accure and we need someone to talk to. I don't want to soapbox.just open thoughts. tell chewy I'm temp. out of peanut butter, she had more than I thought.will restock.
Sir James

dwiemer

Ended up being a long day. Another emergency case. Anyway, I heard on the radio that our wonderful congress who can't seem to find their way out of a paper sack have not done any meaningful work since the election (other than calling the other side nasty names), well, they have finally done something. They changed the congressional cafe' to offer more exotic foods that we have to pay for. Yeah, Sir James, I am not happy with the polititians (beyond a certain mayor). Sorry, long day, I am tired. Hope everyone has a blessed night.
Dennis

Brutus

Well guys, at least we've got that going for us. Additional political thoughts deleted to protect the innocent. Just spent 2 hours trying to get this computer to print to my network printer. I can get the test page to print using the linksys diagnostic program but for some reason it won't link to the printer. I suspect that the driver VISTA is using is newer than the ones it recognizes??? Have to get my original disk out I guess. Oh well, it's just precious time lost forever. At least I didn't have to call "JOE" in "UNDISCLOSED COUNTRY" with a weird accent.

No peanut butter? Well, it's okay, Chewy is good with butter pecan icecream, just FYI! LOL TTFN

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
31 and a bit cold this morning. Got my 0-8-0 switcher back from WEAVER trains. They are just up the road from me about 30 miles, they fixed a wire I couldn.t see. Was shorting out every time I applied track power. Drove me nutz. Sent it to them fixed in a jiff. All runs good now. Ran it on Legacy last nite. Has slueth smoke unit. Anyone know anything about these? I don't have that type of smoke fluid. Do you need just that kind? Do they work good? Don't want to turn it on yet.
All B Good,
laz57

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 29 this morning. I did not have to deal with frozen doors on the van today. There was a coating of ice on the trashcan lids, however. Our high today is supposed to be 42 F.

No modeling last night. I did play around with some things on the layout, however. We spent most of the evening taking the balls off the Christmas tree. We still have the lights to go. I don’t anticipate modeling tonight since it is flute lesson and Cub Scout Den Meeting night.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Yankee raid on Reb territory!!!! Cold and more cold with possible mixed presip by morning. We will try to hold it back.

Morning all. Above says it all. Got to hit the street to Town Hall. Meetings off and on with haircut later this afterrnoon. Church dinner tonight [Brunswick stew, Yankees don't know that one]. LAZ, I thought JT's was OK for all smoke units. Maybe others will know. Got Big Boy out last night and ran it. SMOKE!!!
Have a great day.

cnw1995

Wow, this software is squirrely. Morning all. Lost my messages. Cold here, supposed to get even colder.

Brutus, any ideas on how to paint the innards of the ceramic building with just the little lightbulb hole in the back?

John F, those passenger cars are beauts!

Chief, how was Commanche Moon? I wanted to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.